Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

@RavensInsider: Brandon Copeland on one-year Lions deal: 'It's crazy how a couple of weeks can change your life. I'm more hungry now than I've ever been'

@RavensInsider: Brandon Copeland told me he chose Lions after visiting them, Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@RavensInsider: Brandon Copeland on one-year Lions deal: 'It's crazy how a couple of weeks can change your life. I'm more hungry now than I've ever been'

@RavensInsider: Brandon Copeland told me he chose Lions after visiting them, Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets

Would have liked to see him here to be honest. Probably has some decent upside with his size, speed & skill combination. Oh well.

Veterans combine guy.

Surprised somebody traded for him. Makes 8 mil. this year, is 31 years old.

How bad have Tampa offseason moves been the last couple of years?  Trade for Revis (cut Revis), sign Goldson (then dump him), Trade pick for Logan Mankins (top pick in 4th round!) and he is just ok nothing special, Josh McCown, cut him.   There is more, I just can't recall.  But bad offseasons last couple of years.

How bad have Tampa offseason moves been the last couple of years?  Trade for Revis (cut Revis), sign Goldson (then dump him), Trade pick for Logan Mankins (top pick in 4th round!) and he is just ok nothing special, Josh McCown, cut him.   There is more, I just can't recall.  But bad offseasons last couple of years.

There's been too many. DE Michael Johnson. Signed like a 50 mil. contract last year and they already cut him again. Drafting Barron in the top 5, then getting rid of him (traded to the Rams). Signing Vincent Jackson who hasn't really been a star for them either. There's more I'm sure.

There's been too many. DE Michael Johnson. Signed like a 50 mil. contract last year and they already cut him again. Drafting Barron in the top 5, then getting rid of him (traded to the Rams). Signing Vincent Jackson who hasn't really been a star for them either. There's more I'm sure.

I think Michal Johnson is getting paid by Tampa even though he signed with Cincy.

They struck gold with Mike Evans tho.

Mankins was a solid pickup.  I'm with you on the rest of them though.  Especially Revis.  

One scary thing is how quickly the teams that went all Dream Team secondary have imploded.  The Eagles with Samuel, Asomugha and DRC?  The Bucs with Revis, Goldson, Barron and Jonathan Banks?  Ugh.  Looking at that, signing 23 FA DBs might not have been the hot ticket.

It will work for the Jets...just look at our history...... :sign0182:

One scary thing is how quickly the teams that went all Dream Team secondary have imploded.  The Eagles with Samuel, Asomugha and DRC?  The Bucs with Revis, Goldson, Barron and Jonathan Banks?  Ugh.  Looking at that, signing 23 FA DBs might not have been the hot ticket.

You know most big free agent signings really do not work out

Well you can't just sign all the best players and then expect to win every game. The players have to fit the system. The Raiders or Bucs have no idea how to put together a good team. The Redskins almost got there but after Sean Taylor died that team just fell apart until they drafted RG3, then he gets hurt and now they're at the bottom again.

How can you forget about them getting Johnson amd paying him $16 mil last year to cut him this year?

They've interviewed PJ Williams, Ronald Darby, Marcus Peters and some other corner I can't recall right now. Anyone have any theories as to why?

Because Cro, Skrine, Gilchrist, Pryor, Milliner and McDougle all suck?

Ya think?  

Football has always been and will always be about Blocking and tackling. If you don't block the defensive front 7, your QB will not complete many passes. If you tackle the QB as many times as he tries to throw the football, after a while he won't want to try and throw the ball anymore.

You have to block the defense to be successful and you have to hit the QB repeatedly to be successful. Everything else is a direct result of those 2 functions.

I thought the two functions were heart and will power.

The difference is that 1/2 of what we've done has already played together as a tandem at a high level. We also don't have Sciano as a HC. Aso was a mystical creation by Al davis and a terrible supporting cast in Oakland and what is generally known as fools gold.

in retrospect the Pursuit of Aso was essentially the beginning of the end for the Rex Ryan Jets. That off season we lost Ellis, Smith, Cotchery, Braylon etc and signed Plax and Mason and Holmes after we lost out on the Aso sweepstakes.

We alomost lost Cro as well by pursuing that turd. 

Our situation, while similar has distinct differences which give me some good ol fashioned hope.

Archived