Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Qb's go one and 2 in the draft. the Raiders are looking at either Dante Fowler or Leonard Williams . ( believe they will go defense with the first pick.)

So far most of what I've seen has Oakland taking either cooper or white, we shall see.

Succeeding as a pro despite underwhelming physical traits/scores, etc.

I think he's got as good a shot as anybody outside the top three guys. I would consider Dupree, Beasley, and Gregory at 6. I wouldn't actually take Gregory but if the board falls just so and you don't want to take Williams then he's the next guy. Everybody else has issues and I like Kikaha more and Ray/Fowler/Harold less than most.

So far most of what I've seen has Oakland taking either cooper or white, we shall see.

Pairing up Carr with Cooper and White makes perfect sense. I cannot envision them passing on those players unless they can move back 2-4 spots and hope that Cooper or White fall in their lap.

Williams is a helluva player. I think Jacksonville will take him or one of the pass rushers in hopes of giving Luck and other QBs less time to throw. Just my 2 cents.

Pairing up Carr with Cooper and White makes perfect sense. I cannot envision them passing on those players unless they can move back 2-4 spots and hope that Cooper or White fall in their lap.

Williams is a helluva player. I think Jacksonville will take him or one of the pass rushers in hopes of giving Luck and other QBs less time to throw. Just my 2 cents.

Jmo I don't get the sense the Raiders are picking a Wr in the first( might pick two Wr's in the draft, but it won't be till the second round. They could look to trade back , but that first pick, where ever they pick, will most likely be defense.( best pass rusher left on their board). They have to get Khalil Mack help on defense.( they have done a lot this offseason to strengthen the defense already) That pass rusher, is a bigger priority than the Wr.( how they want to win next season)

How can they pass up a true number 1 Wr for Carr( likelyhood won't get one in second round). Easy they want to take pressure off Carr by improving the running game( until they inserted L Murray, they were the worst team rushing the football. Carr numbers improved a lot in games they were able to establish the run. That has been priority one this offseason. they upgraded center with Rodney Hudson , and by signing Blocking Te Lee Smith in Fa. I expect them to sign Both Wr Michael Crabtree and Te Jermaine Gresham- once heals from surgery. ( again neither solve number 1 Wr spot , but they solve how Raiders want to play). You don't have to have a number 1 Wr to win.

Last year Raiders started a Fb ( Marcel Reece ) and Te( M Rivera) who were more receivers than blockers. That won't be the case this year, as Raiders aren't playing with a Fb anymore in the offense. They should play double Te's - Gresham and Lee Smith, Two Wr's ( Streater- missed most of last season, and Michael Crabtree( very good blocker)/ Brice Butler 6'3 215 4.37 with Latavius Murray as the lone running back.

Their are a lot more quality Wr that will be available in the second round than the pass rushers. why I expect the pick to be defense in first,

I think as we get closer to the draft and teams consider all of the quality receivers that will be around in the 2nd and third rounds, if a Leonard Williams were to drop a pick or two to say the Raiders, even if they were all set to take Cooper or White, they would have to be fools not to grab Williams and target a receiver at the top of round two.  At this point I think all the top 5 - 10 1st round projections have to be re-considered. 

I think he's got as good a shot as anybody outside the top three guys. I would consider Dupree, Beasley, and Gregory at 6. I wouldn't actually take Gregory but if the board falls just so and you don't want to take Williams then he's the next guy. Everybody else has issues and I like Kikaha more and Ray/Fowler/Harold less than most.

Gotcha. I like Kikaha a lot, especially when you get to that second and third tier of OLB with Hunter, Harold, and Maudlin, etc.

What don't you like about Fowler, other than the sketchy metrics?

What about this kid from Chatanooga? Have never seen him play, but the kid absolutely blew up the combine/pro-day.  As it stands, I'm leaning towards Beasley over Dupree, but I'm not sure I particularly have a reason why.

“They already told me what my role will be. I’m going to be strong safety. I’m not going to be playing free anymore,” Pryor said, via the team’s website. “So I’m going to be back to my old self, doing what I do, being down in the box.”

Archived