Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex taking one for the team, throwing the poor guy a bone. Thanks.

Rex PLEASE sign him!!!  It would be wonderful to get Amaro, Kerley etc on him

in a 1 on 1 situation

Too much Wack Arnold's.

It always makes me nervous when you take a guy or guys and change the thing that's working for them. We see it more with position changes (ala Coples)  but this could be similar. i can see the late season article now.

" Richardson states learning new techniques responsible for sub par 3rd season"

I like Pepper and feel like he knows what he's doing but this is still a bit concerning for me.

It always makes me nervous when you take a guy or guys and change the thing that's working for them. We see it more with position changes (ala Coples) but this could be similar. i can see the late season article now.

" Richardson states learning new techniques responsible for sub par 3rd season"

I like Pepper and feel like he knows what he's doing but this is still a bit concerning for me.

I agree. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Right?  We're not talking about a shlub here. I mean adding moves to the repertoir can always be a positive, but taking away a move that an above average player is comortable with is sillyness.

Marcus Gilchrist, a safety the Jets signed this offseason from the Chargers, will be limited during the team's offseason program this spring because of a shoulder injury, a source told NJ Advance Media on Tuesday.

Gilchrist is expected to be held out of all or most on-field workouts during next month's organized team activities and June's minicamp, but he ought to be a full-go when training camp begins in late July, the source added.

It's not clear exactly how or when Gilchrist injured the shoulder. He started all 16 games last season for the Chargers, but he had been listed on the Chargers' injury report with a shoulder injury a few times early in the 2014 season. It's also not clear whether Gilchrist's current shoulder trouble dates that far back, however.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/04/jets_marcus_gilchrist_limited_until_training_camp.html

Right?  We're not talking about a shlub here. I mean adding moves to the repertoir can always be a positive, but taking away a move that an above average player is comortable with is sillyness.

Basically complaining about something that Dunbar stressed.  Seems odd.

Basically complaining about something that Dunbar stressed. Seems odd.

Definitely seems off. Like Greenbeans said, I wouldn't mind if he added moves to his repertoire but taking away is something I do not understand.

Definitely seems off. Like Greenbeans said, I wouldn't mind if he added moves to his repertoire but taking away is something I do not understand.

From what they said, Pepper doesn't like you to "give up your body" to the offensive lineman.  The swim move exposes you, and I guess Pepper doesn't like that.  Scary thing is reading stuff like this:

It’s not completely inaccurate to suggest that JJ Watt is somewhat of a one-trick pony, but when it’s a bit like saying Calvin Johnson is a one trick pony. It’s one trick that you simply cannot stop. On 12 of Watt’s 24 completed trips to the quarterback, he used 13 swim moves to get past potential blockers. The swim move is a standard pass-rushing technique

http://presnapreads.com/2013/06/18/jj-watt-swim-moves-double-teams-and-sacks/

The swim move isn't really effective in my opinion, especially not with big guys who don't rely on speed/athleticism. Didn't make sense to me to begin with to coach these guys to do that and honestly I don't exactly remember them making many plays with the swim move either. Bowles, Kacy & Pepper are 3 of the best coaches on the defensive side, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I actually think our guys are gonna be more productive now, make more plays behind the line and create more pressure.

The swim move isn't really effective in my opinion, especially not with big guys who don't rely on speed/athleticism. Didn't make sense to me to begin with to coach these guys to do that and honestly I don't exactly remember them making many plays with the swim move either. Bowles, Kacy & Pepper are 3 of the best coaches on the defensive side, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I actually think our guys are gonna be more productive now, make more plays behind the line and create more pressure.

Read the article I just posted.  They went through 2012 and  have video of JJ Watt doing it damn near non-stop.  Twice on one sack. IMO Dunbar > Pepper though I generally like both.  I think it sounds like they will be less productive, but maybe more disciplined. Almost every scouting report on Richardson coming out of Missouri mentioned his swim move as a major plus.

Read the article I just posted.  They went through 2012 and  have video of JJ Watt doing it damn near non-stop.  Twice on one sack. IMO Dunbar > Pepper though I generally like both.  I think it sounds like they will be less productive, but maybe more disciplined. Almost every scouting report on Richardson coming out of Missouri mentioned his swim move as a major plus.

You can't just take what works for Watt and apply it to everyone else. He's unmatched in pretty much everything, size, speed, power, athleticism, whatever. Everybody is different. It's like saying the swim move is unstoppable because Freeney in his prime destroyed everybody with that move. He was able to do that because opponents didn't know what he was gonna do next. You have to set it up. Whether it's a swim or spin move, a bullrush, whatever else you have, it'll all work if you set it up properly. That said, for whatever reason the swim move technique didn't exactly work well for our guys. Snacks didn't use it, Mo doesn't use it, Coples doesn't and Sheldon does a little bit of everything I guess but I didn't really see him dominate with that move either so I can't say I'm worried that they'll try something new now. I expect them to put up better numbers this year in terms of QB pressure and tackles for a loss. I mean did you see them do well with the swim move? Don't look at Watt, he's not playing for us. Nobody said Watt should stop using the swim move. It works for him. I just didn't see the swim move work that well for our guys so I'm not sure why anybody would be against Pepper teaching them some new stuff.

I was hoping for a draft pick.  Guess they don't expect to get Bernardrick McKinney and don't want to take any chances.

I don't think they have any intention of using a draft pick at ILB, and maybe they're looking to pick up the best of what's left before the draft, knowing that afterwards there will be a new run on free agents when teams don't fill all their needs during it. They paid a premium for Harris, have Davis under contract, and Bowles basically runs a nickel as his base defense. With just four draft picks in the first six rounds (as it stands), just can't imagine ILB even being on the radar.

Pass rusher, RB, WR, and QB. Maybe change the order around depending on if/when they like the value of the QB, but those are the positions I'm expecting in the first four rounds.

You can't just take what works for Watt and apply it to everyone else. He's unmatched in pretty much everything, size, speed, power, athleticism, whatever. Everybody is different. It's like saying the swim move is unstoppable because Freeney in his prime destroyed everybody with that move. He was able to do that because opponents didn't know what he was gonna do next. You have to set it up. Whether it's a swim or spin move, a bullrush, whatever else you have, it'll all work if you set it up properly. That said, for whatever reason the swim move technique didn't exactly work well for our guys. Snacks didn't use it, Mo doesn't use it, Coples doesn't and Sheldon does a little bit of everything I guess but I didn't really see him dominate with that move either so I can't say I'm worried that they'll try something new now. I expect them to put up better numbers this year in terms of QB pressure and tackles for a loss. I mean did you see them do well with the swim move? Don't look at Watt, he's not playing for us. Nobody said Watt should stop using the swim move. It works for him. I just didn't see the swim move work that well for our guys so I'm not sure why anybody would be against Pepper teaching them some new stuff.

There is nothing new.  They are taking it out of the rotation and IMO getting in the backfield comes from variety.  Take a move away and there is one less thing for the offensive line to worry about.

This sh*t is about Sheldon, but I have seen some on Wilkerson and Coples.

He has a great swim move, and shows good strength in his rip move.

https://reveriecontrol.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/sheldon-richardson/

+Has a quick spin move he uses to change direction as well as a swim...

+Has developed an array of moves to get off blocks including a swim, rip and spin...

+Has a delayed swim move which is extremely sudden and powerful.

+Can rush from a multitude of positions including 3 tech, 5 tech and 4-3 Defensive End.

+Can push the pocket and get penetration with a bull-rush and then disengage with swim or rip when near the passer. 

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/02/sheldon-richardson-scouting-report.html

Very sudden and explosive with swim, rip and even spin moves, Richardson's foot speed and body control allow him to employ rushing techniques that some defensive ends struggle with at the NFL level.

http://optimumscouting.com/rankings/scouting-reports/2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-sheldon-richardson-dt-missouri.html

I don't think they have any intention of using a draft pick at ILB, and maybe they're looking to pick up the best of what's left before the draft, knowing that afterwards there will be a new run on free agents when teams don't fill all their needs during it. They paid a premium for Harris, have Davis under contract, and Bowles basically runs a nickel as his base defense. With just four draft picks in the first six rounds (as it stands), just can't imagine ILB even being on the radar.

Pass rusher, RB, WR, and QB. Maybe change the order around depending on if/when they like the value of the QB, but those are the positions I'm expecting in the first four rounds.

Best of what's left?  They are picking up everything that is left.

Archived