Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can always get good, proven backs in free agency. I doubt we'll be spending a pick higher than the 3rd rounder on a RB. And you're not getting a franchise back with that pick unless you strike gold. Bowles or Macc doesn't strike me as a guy who'd spend a top pick on a RB. Bowles because of his background as a DC and Macc never did any of that with the Texans either.

True the Texans got 4 time pro bowler and All Pro Arian Foster as a UDFA..

True the Texans got 4 time pro bowler and All Pro Arian Foster as a UDFA..

Don't forget Domanick Davis either, another late round stud for them. Macc scouted/drafted him. He was a beast for the Texans, not sure what happened to him but I loved watching the guy play.

• Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama (COM)
  • Da'Ron Brown, WR, Northern Illinois (EW)
  • Tyson Chandler, OT, N.C. State (WOR)
  • Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee (EW)
  • Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (PRI)
  • Adrian Coxson, WR, Stony Brook (LOC)
  • Jamison Crowder^, WR, Duke (SR, COM)
  • Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State (EW)
  • Dillon Day, C, Mississippi State (EW)
  • Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (SR)
  • Alvin Dupree, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Kentucky (PRO)
  • Cole Farrand, ILB, Maryland (EW)
  • Jon Feliciano, G, Miami (EW)
  • Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (PRI)
  • Randy Gregory, DE/3-4OLB, Nebraska (INT)
  • Eli Harold, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Virginia (PRI)
  • Greg Henderson, CB, Colorado (EW)
  • Deon Long, WR, Maryland (EW)
  • Greg Mancz, C, Toledo (EW)
  • Marcus Mariota^, QB, Oregon (COM, PRI)
  • Benardrick McKinney^, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (INT, PRO)
  • John Miller, G, Louisville (EW)
  • DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PRI)
  • Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (PRI)
  • Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (PRO)
  • Shane Ray^, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Missouri (PRO, PRI)
  • Josh Shaw, CB/S, USC (EW)
  • Tye Smith, CB, Towson (EW)
  • Kristjan Sokoli^, DT, Buffalo (PRI, LOC)
  • Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech (EW)
  • Jameis Winston^, QB, Florida State (COM, WOR)
Our predraft visitis. I always find these interesting. Shows you what our FO is looking for the most, position wise (OLB/WR as expected). And the type of players they're looking for to build this team. The receivers are mostly under 6'. The two DT's are barely 300 pounds. Not your typical 350+ pound NT, the ones Rex preferred. The 2 ILB's are giants (6'4 - 250 lbs.). The cornerbacks are all 6 feet tall, around 200 pounds with 4.5 speed (no burners). Some LT prospects / pass blockers with long arms, and a bunch of scrappy interior guys.

I would love to see us get 6'6 Darren Waller as a 7th round pick assuming he is there or trade both 7th rounders and maybe a 6th next year and move up a round or two and take him.  He would be perfect to groom behind Marshall. 

You can always get good, proven backs in free agency. I doubt we'll be spending a pick higher than the 3rd rounder on a RB. And you're not getting a franchise back with that pick unless you strike gold. Bowles or Macc doesn't strike me as a guy who'd spend a top pick on a RB. Bowles because of his background as a DC and Macc never did any of that with the Texans either.

I would love it if we took Ty Montgomery in the 4th (assuming he is there) and used him as a wr/hb hybrid.  I think in Chan Gailey offense he would do some serious work. 

While overrated and mostly washed up in his last few seasons, he definitely was one of the most prolific and impactful safeties the league has ever seen. Loved watching him play.

I missed that. Kind of surprising but I guess with Ivory, Powell and now Ridley that's the least of our problems. I still think we'll bring in a couple of speedy RB's with our final picks or even an undrafted guy.

Nah, it's just the old rope-a-dope.  They already know who they like at RB.  No need for a meeting -- just point and shoot.  Based on what we have on the roster, I would be shocked if we do not get a fairly accomplished RB in the draft.

I doubt it. Like I said, I can't see Macc, Bowles or even Chan trying to push for a RB early in the draft. They just aren't known to be doing that. But if one of the top 2 backs sits there in round 2...who knows, they might pull the trigger. You don't exactly need a lot of background work or information on these 2 guys.

If anybody is wondering, as of today we have exactly 11 mil. in cap space left with the latest signings.

• Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama (COM)
  • Da'Ron Brown, WR, Northern Illinois (EW)
  • Tyson Chandler, OT, N.C. State (WOR)
  • Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee (EW)
  • Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (PRI)
  • Adrian Coxson, WR, Stony Brook (LOC)
  • Jamison Crowder^, WR, Duke (SR, COM)
  • Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State (EW)
  • Dillon Day, C, Mississippi State (EW)
  • Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (SR)
  • Alvin Dupree, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Kentucky (PRO)
  • Cole Farrand, ILB, Maryland (EW)
  • Jon Feliciano, G, Miami (EW)
  • Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (PRI)
  • Randy Gregory, DE/3-4OLB, Nebraska (INT)
  • Eli Harold, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Virginia (PRI)
  • Greg Henderson, CB, Colorado (EW)
  • Deon Long, WR, Maryland (EW)
  • Greg Mancz, C, Toledo (EW)
  • Marcus Mariota^, QB, Oregon (COM, PRI)
  • Benardrick McKinney^, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (INT, PRO)
  • John Miller, G, Louisville (EW)
  • DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PRI)
  • Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (PRI)
  • Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (PRO)
  • Shane Ray^, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Missouri (PRO, PRI)
  • Josh Shaw, CB/S, USC (EW)
  • Tye Smith, CB, Towson (EW)
  • Kristjan Sokoli^, DT, Buffalo (PRI, LOC)
  • Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech (EW)
  • Jameis Winston^, QB, Florida State (COM, WOR)
Our predraft visitis. I always find these interesting. Shows you what our FO is looking for the most, position wise (OLB/WR as expected). And the type of players they're looking for to build this team. The receivers are mostly under 6'. The two DT's are barely 300 pounds. Not your typical 350+ pound NT, the ones Rex preferred. The 2 ILB's are giants (6'4 - 250 lbs.). The cornerbacks are all 6 feet tall, around 200 pounds with 4.5 speed (no burners). Some LT prospects / pass blockers with long arms, and a bunch of scrappy interior guys.

NVM i see Kevin White is visiting. 

I doubt it. Like I said, I can't see Macc, Bowles or even Chan trying to push for a RB early in the draft. They just aren't known to be doing that. But if one of the top 2 backs sits there in round 2...who knows, they might pull the trigger. You don't exactly need a lot of background work or information on these 2 guys.

If anybody is wondering, as of today we have exactly 11 mil. in cap space left with the latest signings.

I could see them taking a swing on a RB if they move down in the first, or even moving back up in the first to take one, they seemed to like Gordon a lot (he would also be a good RB for Chans system)

Just looked over the list again. No TE's (which I like). The top ILB prospects are being ignored (instead opting for some late round prospects). Also, no Brandon Scherff. Of course this doesn't mean one or the other. Who'd be stupid enough to lay out their blue prints like that. I'm thinking right now Macc & Bowles are looking at:

1) Pass Rusher

2) WR

3) O-Line

Not in that order. :D

As always it comes down to what the teams ahead of us do. Maybe we'll go WR first if the pass rusher Bowles wants isn't available. The great thing is, we can just sit back and watch who drops to #6. Because no matter who that is, it'll be somebody we really like. After like 8-9 picks however IMO the dropoff is huge. Compared to the top 5 picks.

Just looked over the list again. No TE's (which I like). The top ILB prospects are being ignored (instead opting for some late round prospects).

I am pretty sure that they met with McKinney early on - before the slew of ILB signings.  Back when they just had Davis, Harris, Young and the dude from Marshall.  In fact, it may have been before Harris re-upped.  Kroft from Rutgers is one of the top TE prospects and he is at their pro day.  So is Kevin Hapnea, the other Florida State TE (North Hunterdon).  I would hope we could get the Stony Brook kid, William Tye as UDFA.  No surprise he transferred from Florida State with O'Leary and Hapnea there.

TE * 6030 * 260 * SR

Rare blend of size, speed and athleticism. Looks like a wide receiver making the backside shoulder catch. Presents a big target for quarterback; not afraid to go over the middle. Displays strong vertical game when going up for jump balls. Open field agility earned him punt return duties! Has returned 30 punt returns and has two kick returns in his career. Has demonstrated a dependable set of hands. Uses swim move effectively getting off jams at the line of scrimmage. Blocking still a work in progress—needs to sharpen footwork fundamentals and develop better hip/waist bend. Does a great job finding the open seams in the defense but route-running technique has room for improvement. Transfer from Florida State. Best football is still ahead of him. With the proper coaching, upside is a big offensive asset with playmaking ability inside the red zone. Game compares to Jerramy Stevens with shades of Martellus Bennett in his receiving skills and yards after catch efforts. Watch Highlights Here.

http://nfldraftbible.com/articles/scouting-report-william-tye-stony-brook

Maybe. I just hope they focus on the other positions. Remember, we still have Sudfeld who's got some upside and is more of a project. Don't really need more of those guys.

By the way Mayock just gave an explanation why he moved Mariota to #1. He said Winston threw too many INTs, plus his off field issues. Like he didn't know that weeks ago when he had Winston at #1. Mariota meanwhile is a winner who takes care of the football. We'll see what Tampa does at 1 I guess.

If Gordan or Gurley are available at 37, I would be shocked if the Jets passed on either of them.

Tampa picking Mariotta does not seem so crazy anymore, its going to be a very interesting draft. 

True.

It seems likethis is the consensus top 6:

Mariotta

Winston

Leonard Williams

Dante Fowler

Amari Cooper

Kevin White

The bold are players I'd love us to have. The reality is that with at least 1 of these 6 guaranteed to be there for us, we should have suitors looking to trade up if we want to. OLB, WR, DE are all premium positions that teams over-pay for. If there's a team that thinks a "Julio Jones" type of player puts them over the top, perhaps we move back, and that's where we add a QB, and then pick in those middle rounds... I wouldn't be upset at all if we netted a decent QB and drafted Gurley or Andrus Peat or something like that.

True.

It seems likethis is the consensus top 6:

Mariotta

Winston

Leonard Williams

Dante Fowler

Amari Cooper

Kevin White

The bold are players I'd love us to have. The reality is that with at least 1 of these 6 guaranteed to be there for us, we should have suitors looking to trade up if we want to. OLB, WR, DE are all premium positions that teams over-pay for. If there's a team that thinks a "Julio Jones" type of player puts them over the top, perhaps we move back, and that's where we add a QB, and then pick in those middle rounds... I wouldn't be upset at all if we netted a decent QB and drafted Gurley or Andrus Peat or something like that.

If Leonard Williams drops to 6, I'd like to see us pick him, then call Pettine about trading him Mo for pick 12.

If Leonard Williams drops to 6, I'd like to see us pick him, then call Pettine about trading him Mo for pick 12.

I floated a remark about ending up with him, then trading Mo a month or so ago. It would be amazing if we got pick 12 for him. 

Leonard Williams at 6 and Bud Dupree, Devante Parker or Gurley at 12. 

Wow.

So if Winston starts free-falling and is available at 6 what do we do?  I know some will say run up to the podium and select him but those red flags coming out now, imagine him in NEW YORK???   He could make Manziel look like a choirboy.... 

I probably wouldn't do that. Why trade Wilk for an unknown commodity? I know he's going to want a hefty contract but Wilk can play any position on the line. I highly doubt we trade him.

C Mike Pouncey agrees on 5-year, $52.15 million ($22 million guaranteed) extension w /Dolphins. (via @AdamSchefter)

Way to go Trader Mike!!

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets

Mike Tannenbaum destroying the #Dolphins cap situation with arguably the worst head coach in football makes this #Jets fan smile

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 14h14 hours ago

Dolphins setting spending record on interior of both sides of their line with Suh and Pouncey now the highest paid at their positions

I wouldn't be shocked if 5-10 years from now Tannenbaum gets arrested for coming up with some weird scheme where he figured out a way to dish out huge contracts to players as a member of a front office while at the same time cashing in on those big deals % wise. There's just no other way you could describe how much money he's been wasting over the years. He can't possibly be that stupid. And then he keeps dipping in being an agent for players and coaches, then he's a GM, now he's back in the front office representing teams in some way. Smells very fishy.

Archived