Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

I love Mangold, but his contract is stupid and this one is stupider. Just ridiculous money for an interior lineman. When I saw Pouncy was resigned, I knew the architect of the Mangold contract would outdo himself. I'm not disappointed.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a waste of money. Center is one of the easiest positions in football to figure out from a physical standpoint/skill. And if you look around the league teams don't really bother re-signing those guys either. They let them walk in free agency and just plug in a young guy who's been in the system for a while and there's virtually no dropoff. Seahawks are doing it, the Chiefs, Cardinals...And to be honest I liked what Dalton Freeman showed us last year. Granted, it was just one start, but I didn't notice any dropoff. No way I'd spend 10 mil. per year on a Center, that's just absolutely ridiculous.

So if Winston starts free-falling and is available at 6 what do we do?  I know some will say run up to the podium and select him but those red flags coming out now, imagine him in NEW YORK???   He could make Manziel look like a choirboy.... 

I would say run to the podium, his off field problems are a concern but hopefully he will grow out of them (I don't see him stealing crab legs after his first NFL contract). The biggest reason I like him for the Jets is that I think he would be able to handle the NY media and fans unlike some of the other QBs in recent history.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago

Johnny Manziel has been released from a drug and alcohol treatment facility, multiple sources told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

Getting ready for his trade to Eagles or St. Louis or wherever the heck they're shipping him off to....Siberia=Cleveland

I think Chip Kelly would commit suicide (or homicide on Manziel) if that trade gets announced.

Assuming there is any truth to this; what do you guys think it would cost to move up from 6 to 1?  We saw the kings ransom the Skins paid to move up to 2; not saying that should be the benchmark but it could be very expensive.

Assuming there is any truth to this; what do you guys think it would cost to move up from 6 to 1?  We saw the kings ransom the Skins paid to move up to 2; not saying that should be the benchmark but it could be very expensive.

If TB is willing to trade out of #1 then you know they aren't very interested in MM either. I'd think you could give the #6 pick, 2nd rd pick and next year 2nd rd. pick. They'd be negotiating from a place of weakness

It's a waste of money. Center is one of the easiest positions in football to figure out from a physical standpoint/skill. And if you look around the league teams don't really bother re-signing those guys either. They let them walk in free agency and just plug in a young guy who's been in the system for a while and there's virtually no dropoff. Seahawks are doing it, the Chiefs, Cardinals...And to be honest I liked what Dalton Freeman showed us last year. Granted, it was just one start, but I didn't notice any dropoff. No way I'd spend 10 mil. per year on a Center, that's just absolutely ridiculous.

That is just wrong on so many levels. Center is the second most important position ( only behind Lt) on the Offense line. The Jets to land their Lt and their center in the same draft , was a great draft.

I laugh at the fans, who don't appreciate what you have in Nick Mangold. (D Ferguson too) All you have to do is look back when he was injured a couple years ago, and how hard it was to replace him. That's going to be the biggest challenge facing the Jets in a couple years- finding dbrickshaw Ferguson, and Nick Mangold replacement. It's going to almost impossible to replace those two players , as it hard to find players with that ability at those two key positions.( going to be a big drop off)

Let's see how the teams who go cheap at the second important position on the Offense line( Center) do. I bet most of them are going to struggle big time as You don't lose your anchor on the Offense line without struggling. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

D Brickshaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold spoiled you, and your going to find out just how lucky your team was having them. When both are gone, reality will finally set in.

That is just wrong on so many levels. Center is the second most important position ( only behind Lt) on the Offense line. The Jets to land their Lt and their center in the same draft , was a great draft.

I laugh at the fans, who don't appreciate what you have in Nick Mangold. (D Ferguson too) All you have to do is look back when he was injured a couple years ago, and how hard it was to replace him. That's going to be the biggest challenge facing the Jets in a couple years- finding dbrickshaw Ferguson, and Nick Mangold replacement. It's going to almost impossible to replace those two players , as it hard to find players with that ability at those two key positions.( going to be a big drop off)

Let's see how the teams who go cheap at the second important position on the Offense line( Center) do. I bet most of them are going to struggle big time as You don't lose your anchor on the Offense line without struggling. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

D Brickshaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold spoiled you, and your going to find out just how lucky your team was having them. When both are gone, reality will finally set in.

That Ravens game was brutal, I actually felt bad for Sanchez during that one. I agree both positions are important and we should be looking for replacements for both Ferguson (getting old and probably not worth the money we are giving him at this point) and Mangold who probably can only give us a maximum of three more years if we are lucky.

If the Bucs take Mariota that will shake this draft up for real with teams trying to trade up to take Famous Jameis

It's funny how the entire league wants to trade up to #1 to get Winston yet the Buccs have the first pick and they are leaning towards picking Mariota. Just odd.

If the Bucs take Mariota that will shake this draft up for real with teams trying to trade up to take Famous Jameis

Perfect. That means we'll be picking from Cooper, White, Fowler or Williams at #6. It couldn't fall any better than that for us.

Ryan Fitzpatrick with targets like Marshall, Decker, Cooper, Kerley, Amaro ... I know Fitz isn't the "top 10 QB" that everyone in our fanbase is pining for, but I don't see how he could fail with that sort of supporting cast. He looked mostly very good last year with Arian Foster, Deandre Hopkins and a fading Andre Johnson, this would give him twice the fire power.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000485197/Roster-Reset-AFC-East?CAMPAIGN=TWITTER_VIDEO_rosterreset

Our favorite shortnecked walking concussion is back. Best AFC East Additions? Revis? Nope. Suh? Nope. How about EVERYBODY the Bills signed. How about Cassel, a coordinator, a RB, and a gadget player. What about the biggest challenger to the Pats? How about...the Bills! Jesus. How does this imbecile still have a job and talk football for a living?

Gang Green Nation @GangGreenNation 45m45 minutes ago

Jets To Host Private Workout With QB Grayson http://sbnation.com/e/8173736?utm_campaign=ganggreennation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter  pic.twitter.com/CxelMbPzS6

CCi8w9ZWMAAFETe.jpg

Curious how they view this kid in comparison to Petty? Throws a nice deep ball from what I've read.

Draft a franchise QB or go pick something else. Enough with this wasting of 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks on guys that don't have what it takes to be a good NFL QB.

Archived