Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't often agree with Ballhawk, but I do on this one wholeheartedly.

Anything after the 1st round in the QB department, except for the extraordinarily rare lotto winner, is a complete waste of time and money. Approximately 99.8% of them suck.

99.8% of the first round QBs suck too.  There are 32 teams and maybe 16 decent QBs.  Of those 16, how many weren't picked in the 1st?  Brady, Wilson, Brees, that is at least 2 of the tip-top and another acceptable.  Guys that at least hit the fringe - Kaepernick, Dalton, Romo, Foles.  The other 16 are not all horrible, but some are wait and see and even those have a couple of second rounders - Carr and Bridgewater.  Mike Glennon was picked in the third ******* round!

There is one of your 2015 Jets on this list in the first round- Cooper hopefully

I though they met with Dupree too?

I though they met with Dupree too?

We did. Not sure why/how NJ.com missed that one. As well as some other ones they failed to mention. Here's a new/updated list:

QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon

DL Kristjan Sokoli, Buffalo

QB Jameis Winston, Florida State*

OT Tyson Chandler, N.C. State*

CB Ronald Darby, Florida State*

WR Amari Cooper, Alabama

OT Andrus Peat, Stanford

OT Ereck Flowers, Miami

DE/OLB Shane Ray, Missouri

WR DeVante Parker, Louisville

OLB Eli Harold, Virginia

WR Kevin White, West Virginia

QB Brett Hundley, UCLA

QB Bryce Petty, Baylor

DE Randy Gregory, Nebraska

QB Garrett Grayson, Colorado State

OLB/DE Dante Fowler Jr, Florida

OLB Bud Dupree, Kentucky

DE/OLB Vic Beasley, Clemson

Could Oakland land Adrian Peterson? @RapSheet reports Raiders have interest in acquiring him

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486053/article/raiders-have-interest-in-acquiring-adrian-peterson?campaign=

They still have a ton of money to spend and get under the minimum 80% salary payout. Picking up Peterson's contract would be a big step towards accomplishing that.

They actually made similar comments...

This.

The fact Rex is still talking is amazing to me... it almost defies reason. Not even sure if it's worth mocking anymore....

NAHHHHHHHHH!

That would be a smart move. Replacing McFadden with Peterson. Which is why it's not gonna happen. This is Oakland afterall.

only you would want a 30 year old running back with a lot wear and tear on his threads. Only would have interest if the Vikings cut him. I like the Raiders running backs Latavius Murray, Trent Richardson, Roy Helu , Marcel Reece - H-back , and Taiwan Jones( gained 13 pounds of muscle). Nice variety of backs that can all catch , and pick up the blitz. they are going to a one back backfield.

could you see Woody Johnson doing thishttps://instagram.com/p/1lm_kXL5wy/

only you would want a 30 year old running back with a lot wear and tear on his threads. Only would have interest if the Vikings cut him. I like the Raiders running backs Latavius Murray, Trent Richardson, Roy Helu , Marcel Reece - H-back , and Taiwan Jones( gained 13 pounds of muscle). Nice variety of backs that can all catch , and pick up the blitz. they are going to a one back backfield.

LOL. Like you weren't jacking off at every +30 signing the Raiders had last year... including bringing in MJD. And now you're pretending like you wouldn't attempt to lick your own balls of AP was a Radah? Right.

could you see Woody Johnson doing thishttps://instagram.com/p/1lm_kXL5wy/

You are an AP away from possibly winning a game next season, is this not something you'd want?

Either way, you've been sucking on every washed up, over the hill has been player the Raiduhs have signed in the past, you make the dumbest predictions (player or team), you always end up apologizing in the end, you keep eating crow. Just a couple days ago you were talking up Craptree who couldn't get anybody to sign his washed up, damaged ass. It's amazing you still have the nerves to throw predictions out there. And your backfield as it is absolutely sucks by the way. Those guys aren't all bad players but they're not exactly starting material either. They're no better than Powell or even Ridley. The reason why you'd be upset is 1) Peterson would never agree to play for such a terrible team and 2) it wouldn't really pay off for the Raiders to trade for him. The Raiduhs have NO shot at making the playoffs. Peterson is the perfect guy for any team that can get to the superbowl in the next 2 years. The Cowboys, the Cardinals

You are an AP away from possibly winning a game next season, is this not something you'd want?

Either way, you've been sucking on every washed up, over the hill has been player the Raiduhs have signed in the past, you make the dumbest predictions (player or team), you always end up apologizing in the end, you keep eating crow. Just a couple days ago you were talking up Craptree who couldn't get anybody to sign his washed up, damaged ass. It's amazing you still have the nerves to throw predictions out there. And your backfield as it is absolutely sucks by the way. Those guys aren't all bad players but they're not exactly starting material either. They're no better than Powell or even Ridley. The reason why you'd be upset is 1) Peterson would never agree to play for such a terrible team and 2) it wouldn't really pay off for the Raiders to trade for him. The Raiduhs have NO shot at making the playoffs. Peterson is the perfect guy for any team that can get to the superbowl in the next 2 years. The Cowboys, the Cardinals

Speaking of Crabtree this was a very interesting article from the Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/04/18/michael-crabtree-is-exactly-what-the-raiders-passing-game-needs/

Again there is a time where signing older players( like they did last year - basically one year deal that they could get out with no cap hit) makes sense, and there are other times when it doesn't. The Raiders had one of the best drafts in 2014, and those older veterans played a big role in their development. Most of those older veterans they signed are gone ( no cap hit again) as it's time for those young bucks to assume the leadership. ( their a young core on both sides of the ball now, that there that wasn't last year)

Basically Raiders are in a different stage of their rebuilding , than they were last year. They want to bring in players that aren't temporary fixes , but going to be around when they are capable of winning a championship.

now on The Raiders running backs I don't agree with your assessment ( will wait at end of season to prove or disprove my opinion) Latavius Murray 6'3 225 4.37 is a beast who has a chance to be one of the best backs in the NFL. The Raiders have taking steps to improve the running game. signing center Rodney Hudson and Blocking Te Lee Smith ( pass or run) and eventually Te Jermaine Gresham ( once recovers from back surgery - a decent blocker and receiver). The offense is going to be one back offense ( a lot what Carr did at Fresno St) , that going to spread the defense out.( impossible to put eight men in the box ). throw in some big Wr's Brice Butler 6'3 215 4.36 , M Crabtree 6'1 215 ( very good blocker) and Rod Streater 6'3 200 . you combine all that and it's easy to see the running game improving tremendously from last year.

finally speaking of Trent Richardson at worst is very good pass catcher, and very good blocker picking up the blitz.( will give him a chance to run like he did at Alabama.) Delrio doesn't want him worrying about being the starter , but to come in and do what he's asked, and be a good teammate.

The Raiders defense is just a pass rusher from being a very good defense.( why I think they will go defense with their first pick) Will the Raiders win a championship in 2015 - NO. Do they have outside chance at the playoffs. Yes.They have to win at least 8 games in 2015.( anything else isn't acceptable)

BTW you shouldn't talk as your point on the center position was one of the dumbest things, and shows just how little you know about the game of football.( I hope you were joking)

I wonder if Geno Smith is one of the QBs the New Jets Front office and Coaching staff are working out in an effort to find a QB for the 2015 season. Let me see. Of all these QBs we have looked at, the Current Roster have:

QB:

Geno Smith

Matt Simms

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Maybe I am missing something.

Archived