Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need some NY Jets Breaking News right now to calm my nerves I know the new regime is working hard but being very patient.

Being very quiet. While good, I feel the same way, I'd like to at least see or hear of the Jets being attached to showing interest in a few of these players.  Like Franklin and McCourty.  Haven't seen the Jets named as a team that has shown interest in these guys.

My apprehension over Foles stems from him playing in a system that makes Mark Sanchez look competent.

sanchez only looked that way for a couple games. And then it all fell apart. Even CHip Kelly's offense isn't Sanchez proof.

Being very quiet. While good, I feel the same way, I'd like to at least see or hear of the Jets being attached to showing interest in a few of these players.  Like Franklin and McCourty.  Haven't seen the Jets named as a team that has shown interest in these guys.

I agree I was thinking we Would  be tide to the 1st tier free agents but I'm hearing parker,williams & Parnell I'm like wtf!

Not reliable but I think people need this.

Source says that Charles Tillman is in New York for work visit. #jets seem obvious choice to go for need & to go with Marshall

I think I would have been better without it! LOL  Bears pass defense was bad.  I mean baaaaad.  I'm guessing he would be an upgrade regardless but damn thats like plucking a player from philly's secondary or our own. LOL

I think I would have been better without it! LOL  Bears pass defense was bad.  I mean baaaaad.  I'm guessing he would be an upgrade regardless but damn thats like plucking a player from philly's secondary or our own. LOL

And one of the reasons was Tillman was hurt last year in Week 2 and lost for the year. Tricep injury which has bothered him the last 2 years.

I'm pretty sure Charles Tillman was hurt last year.

Not saying he's still a great player but his knack for turnovers sure would be great to have around.

Wasn't he hurt last yr ?  Isn't this cat like 50 or near ?

And one of the reasons was Tillman was hurt last year in Week 2 and lost for the year. Tricep injury which has bothered him the last 2 years.

edit: didn't realize he was hurt last year.  But yeah he's been around forever.

Ouch 34 yrs old.  Damn, yeah maybe a good depth signing if interested but I'd def be putting Cro in front of him.

I know I mentioned this yesterday and some posters disagreed but, still not sold on Skrine. He seems to get burnt a lot!

He's a very young corner who is still learning and improving. Schemewise he's a great fit and he'll get better. At 25 he already is a rock solid starting corner. Not a true #1 yet I guess but that'll come especially with Bowles coaching him up. So I'm hoping we pick him up, it's not like there are many other options out there.

I'd be excstatic if we could land Skrine, Cary Williams and Ron Parker as far as the backfield is concerned. You throw in another stud pass rusher, a couple backup linemen and we're ready to rock.

He's a very young corner who is still learning and improving. Schemewise he's a great fit and he'll get better. At 25 he already is a rock solid starting corner. Not a true #1 yet I guess but that'll come especially with Bowles coaching him up. So I'm hoping we pick him up, it's not like there are many other options out there.

I'd be excstatic if we could land Skrine, Cary Williams and Ron Parker as far as the backfield is concerned. You throw in another stud pass rusher, a couple backup linemen and we're ready to rock.

How much are you willing to pay to get a Skrine deal done?

how tall is Skrine?  You need to be at least 6'1 or so to play in Bowles Defense. :)

edit:  not really seeing any panic from ppl.  I think more so ppl just antsy.  Philly is setting the bar since they seemingly are attached to every ******* FA on the market lol

How much are you willing to pay to get a Skrine deal done?

I think a decent deal for both sides would be 4 years, 25-30 mil. (6.5 - 7 mil. average) and around 12 mil. guaranteed. But somebody will probably overpay for him. Anything over 7.5 mil per year is too much IMO.

I think a decent deal for both sides would be 4 years, 25-30 mil. (6.5 - 7 mil. average) and around 12 mil. guaranteed. But somebody will probably overpay for him. Anything over 7.5 mil per year is too much IMO.

I like this player and wouldn't mind picking him up, but those  #s are unreal.

Last year I think New Orleans "won" Free Agency.    They did not do so well in the end.  A couple of years ago it was the bucs by signing safety from SF and trading for Revis.   not a good outcome either.  It is hard to predict these things, but it is worth waiting it out.  Lots of good players still out there.

how tall is Skrine?  You need to be at least 6'1 or so to play in Bowles Defense. :)

edit:  not really seeing any panic from ppl.  I think more so ppl just antsy.  Philly is setting the bar since they seemingly are attached to every ******* FA on the market lol

listed at 5'9

I like this player and wouldn't mind picking him up, but those  #s are unreal.

Nah, I think that's the going rate for an established young starting corner. Verner was a Pro Bowler last year, played way better, same age as Skrine and he's only making 6.5 mil per year. He essentially signed the same deal I mentioned earlier. 4 years, 25 mil. with 14 mil guaranteed. Kareem Jackson & Flowers make 8.5 - 9 mil per year so 6.5 for Skrine seems about right I think. I mean the guys after that, in the 5 mil. per year range are more backup type corners.

Archived