Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we're content to sign guys close to 30 and then turn to the draft for long term solutions. I don't think mccagnan is interested in getting into bidding wars and paying bad contracts that don't match the talent level of the player.

Looks like we're content to sign guys close to 30 and then turn to the draft for long term solutions. I don't think mccagnan is interested in getting into bidding wars and paying bad contracts that don't match the talent level of the player.

Gee, don't that sound familiar.

Geno smith is a better QB prospect than Mark Sanchez. The fact that he was forced to start when he should have been sitting doesn't negate this. Smith has talent that needs developing, but Sanchez is what he is. I would have a lot more respect for the Geno haters if they didn't always mentioned Matt Simms as an option.

I have no clue why that kid is on an NFL roster. He sucked in college and he hasn't shown any better in the pros.  All you need to know about Simms ability is he sat behind a QB who was hated by his coaches and teammates,

I dunno about that.  On paper Sanchez 1000x better and he still sucks

Not to say Geno can't turn it around.  I hope he does!

That is what I have been preaching...breno has mean demeanor which I think would work well at guard

I've said it here quite a few times that Scherff if looked at as ultimately a franchise LT then the Jets should draft him use him at RT and move Breno inside to RG. Then when Brick is done you move Scherff over to LT.

I've said it here quite a few times that Scherff if looked at as ultimately a franchise LT then the Jets should draft him use him at RT and move Breno inside to RG. Then when Brick is done you move Scherff over to LT.

What about going after Bulaga and moving Giacomini inside?  Then Bulaga might be able to take over D'brick in a yr or 2 when we are rdy to move on.

I dunno about that.  On paper Sanchez 1000x better and he still sucks

Not to say Geno can't turn it around.  I hope he does!

It's not even close.

Better arm,

Better mobility

about even intangibles.

What Sanchez has on Smith is experience in a pro style offense .

The difference is Sanchez has proven what he is but Geno Smith is undiscovered country.

I don't get why they would get rid of him on Monday.  If anything I think he'll be on the team until 4pm Tuesday.  Don't cut him until we know 100% deal is done with marshall and his physical.  Plus you never know if someone desperate or crazy enough in this league to call up and say hey we'll give you a 6th for percy.

Putting on the old guessing cap, I'm thinking that two of the four out of Culliver, Carey, Cromartie and Parker will be on the Jets. Not surprised at all if it becomes three. 

I'll take all 4 of those and be happy and hope Carey in Philly was just an anomaly.

i get cutting him but why so soon? we have until march 19th.  now he will be available the first day of free agency. also this report mentions packers as one of the potential suitors.  dont think that makes sense seeing they just signed cobb.  however if they do sign percy that offense will be insane.  rodgers throwing to nelson, cobb, harvin, adams and having lacy in the backfield would be scary

i get cutting him but why so soon? we have until march 19th.  now he will be available the first day of free agency. also this report mentions packers as one of the potential suitors.  dont think that makes sense seeing they just signed cobb.  however if they do sign percy that offense will be insane.  rodgers throwing to nelson, cobb, harvin, adams and having lacy in the backfield would be scary

Probably because they need the cap space to fit the players we targeted onto the roster.  Even

though the majority of the board swears we aren't getting anybody

the contracts these players are getting i wouldn't be surprise if the jets can trade him teams know they can lock him up at 10.5 & stay out of a bidding war,the Jets or his agent probably leak that rumor to see if teams jump (Harvin)

Archived