Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like you know a heck of a lot more than I do, why do you like him ?

He's been a solid free safety his whole career. Knows how to create turnovers and is a pretty solid ball hawk. Pretty positive they have him on a contract which is why I'd be surprised to see the Eagles even consider him. If they don't release him I'd say they would move him to SS because he's not afraid of contact. Overall, pretty solid player.

Something like $7M-8M is in incentives he'll never reach unless he's starting. $16M is the deal's maximum if all incentives are reached.

Put aside what you know about Sanchez. If he somehow becomes good enough to start for them for 2 years (lol) then he's a bargain at $8M/year for a free agent veteran starter.

His deal I thought came through at 2 years $9M with $5.5M guaranteed. My (or any sane Jets fan's) personal feelings on buttfumble aside, that figure sounds about right in the current market.

Thanks for breaking it down.  The sticker shock was blinding at first. lol

Jets should offer Harvin to the Raiders they struck out on everybody they was link to.

Can we trade Harvin? I would imagine if Harvin is on someone's roster next week then Seattle gets a 4th from someone.

I don't know the exact wording of the trade, but I'd be very surprised if the Jets could trade Harvin before the March 19 date, effectively removing him from their roster, but not still owe the Seahawks the fourth round pick. I'd just think that would be covered. If for some odd reason it's not, then yeah, try to get a 6th or better for him. 

But who's gonna do that? In a world where Randall Cobb signed for 4/$40M, I just can't imagine anyone giving up a pick to pay Harvin more than that. Especially knowing the Jets are under the gun to cut him or lose that fourth rounder. 

He's been a solid free safety his whole career. Knows how to create turnovers and is a pretty solid ball hawk. Pretty positive they have him on a contract which is why I'd be surprised to see the Eagles even consider him. If they don't release him I'd say they would move him to SS because he's not afraid of contact. Overall, pretty solid player.

cool thanks !

LaCanfora thinks that the difference-maker for Revis right now is if the Jets will put some guarantees on a third year at between $14-$15m. They should do it.

Revis is not a FA, so the jets can't be negotiating with him.   Seems like a lot of agent talk to force the pats' hand.

cimini is reporting an "afc executive" thinks revis will get 3 years, $50 million

so do you make that deal ?

that's $16.6 million for 3 years after working for $12 million

I say let rex have him for that  

I don't know the exact wording of the trade, but I'd be very surprised if the Jets could trade Harvin before the March 19 date, effectively removing him from their roster, but not still owe the Seahawks the fourth round pick. I'd just think that would be covered. If for some odd reason it's not, then yeah, try to get a 6th or better for him. 

But who's gonna do that? In a world where Randall Cobb signed for 4/$40M, I just can't imagine anyone giving up a pick to pay Harvin more than that. Especially knowing the Jets are under the gun to cut him or lose that fourth rounder. 

It must be covered in the contract because they have wording in place that we can't cut and re-sign him either unless we re-sign him after the 2nd day of the draft.  The only way not to lose that 4th is to cut him and forget him.

Revis is not a FA, so the jets can't be negotiating with him.   Seems like a lot of agent talk to force the pats' hand.

Agent talk all day to force a LOT of hands across the board. If you go by what has been reported today, a couple teams re-signed their own players, the Dolphins are paying Suh enough for him to buy his own third world country, and the Eagles are signing the best 2 players available at every position in free agency.

I honestly can't remember a year where this much was reported on and "decided" before the actual start of free agency. Seems to me this weekend of buzz was primarily about driving ratings/web-traffic for all things NFL, like most meaningless things in the league year lately.

cimini is reporting an "afc executive" thinks revis will get 3 years, $50 million

so do you make that deal ?

that's $16.6 million for 3 years after working for $12 million

I say let rex have him for that  

That's QB money which is insane I would pass as well if that's his price.

In the scheme of the things Revis is as important as Suh. Revis is a game changer. He takes your best WR and shuts him down. He forces u to throw to other WR's. He does this on an island. Suh is a disruptive force and teams have to prepare for him but they have double teams and rb's to help and stop him. Revis is worth whatever he's gonna get and it won't be close to what Suh got. Let's pay the man at his value and bring home perhaps the greatest Jet player we've ever had.

Giants 3rd behind Eagles and Pats for the McCourty sweepstakes.

Nothing is official until Tuesday, all the reports you are seeing are for negotiating purposes. Only about 5-6 teams have been in the news. The level of concern is absurd.

Only actual deals were teams re-signing their own. None if these Philly moves are official yet.

Archived