Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"chipping" away at his roster. I wonder if he's a genius, or just plain insane.

The latter, most likely.

Now that they've almost completed the process of gutting their offense (all that's left now is to trade Foles for the rights to Mariota), it'll be interesting to see just how much of a step back the Eagles offense takes this season.  They weren't as good in 2014 without DeSean Jackson, and now they'll have virtually no weapons on the outside and are lacking talent at the RB position, which means their rather subpar O-line will have to carry them. 

Philly fans are starting to sweat the last few hours. Sometimes being in the news that much has a negative impact. Chip was bargaining with several players he lost today. Including 1 of their own in Maclin.

Losing Maclin is awful, especially inblight of overpaying a Legion of Boom flash in the pan.

Maxwell reminds me of Ellerbe, couldn't come close to say level of play outside of Baltimore. I expect similar for Maxwell

You don't think he would sign for 30 mil GARAUNTEED on a 48 mil 4 yr contract? I think it's possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's virtually zero chance this happens.  Revis is all about how much he's paid per season.  He wants something in the neighborhood of $16 million per season.  He might take a contract where one of the years is 12 (like he did in New England) but the overall average is around 16, but he's not taking a four year deal that averages his 12 per season.

You don't think he would sign for 30 mil GARAUNTEED on a 48 mil 4 yr contract? I think it's possible.

Did you see how much money Maxwell got? Revis and his greedy agents are money hungry. Like always.

The latter, most likely.

Now that they've almost completed the process of gutting their offense (all that's left now is to trade Foles for the rights to Mariota), it'll be interesting to see just how much of a step back the Eagles offense takes this season.  They weren't as good in 2014 without DeSean Jackson, and now they'll have virtually no weapons on the outside and are lacking talent at the RB position, which means their rather subpar O-line will have to carry them. 

If we can manage to grab their 2016 1st rounder included a trade down along with Foles... Especially if they perform poorly this season... That would be a pipe dream. Poor Philly fans.

Did you see how much money Maxwell got? Revis and his greedy agents are money hungry. Like always.

Maxwell did not go to the Super Bowl Champions w/ Tom Brady and Bill Belicheat

Does every sportswriter make a little extra if they pretend to be astonished at each and every FA contract signed? We geeeet it, it's out there and they tookerjerbs. That said, the phony astonishment is still annoying. For instance - Suh, a prime aged DT on a HOF track, signed for less than a franchise QB EXTENDED (not got in FA) for in 2013. It's not franchise QB money - Peyton Manning at 400 years old coming off two neck surgeries basically got 20 million a year in 2012 hitting FA - imagine what a 28 year old Manning would get. More than 6/114, which is probably more like 4/60 anyway.

Setting up a Fitz reunion with Gailey.

I'm surprised there's nothing being discussed about Colt McCoy. He was playing good ball in DC last year before he got hurt.  Probably as good as some of these other guys being discussed..

Archived