Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still have a ton of $$$ left. If we cut Harvin, then we actually saved money on the Harvin for Marshall swap. Only thing that's eaten into our cap space is Harris' deal. Wilkerson's will too. But, lots of room left to make some moves and Marshall was a good start.

We still have a ton of $$$ left. If we cut Harvin, then we actually saved money on the Harvin for Marshall swap. Only thing that's eaten into our cap space is Harris' deal. Wilkerson's will too. But, lots of room left to make some moves and Marshall was a good start.

Agreed. 

I look across the whole roster, and at the chunk of change we have to spread out, and can see us signing about 6 players of significance, with a few others throw in there for replacing depth. 2-3 in the secondary, 1-2 on the OL, a QB, and these alone make up those 6 "significant" signings.

There's still a lot of rebuilding to do beyond those positions too. So pissing away 12m or whatever it was on a one-year wonder like Byron Maxwell just isn't something we should be doing.

1. Hearing two teams are already inquiring. Working to verify team names...

2. I told you after Jim Harbaugh left not to be surprised if the 49ers move Colin Kaepernick.

3. I had to double check myself & I wrote it. But, no, Kaepernick is being shopped RT @sjimcar is this a fake Jayson Braddock acct?

... This can't be real right? Has anyone heard of this guy?

1. Hearing two teams are already inquiring. Working to verify team names...

2. I told you after Jim Harbaugh left not to be surprised if the 49ers move Colin Kaepernick.

3. I had to double check myself & I wrote it. But, no, Kaepernick is being shopped RT @sjimcar is this a fake Jayson Braddock acct?

... This can't be real right? Has anyone heard of this guy?

My 25 second google search makes me think there could be something too it. Not sure if I would want him though, his contract is outrageous for a slightly above average QB.

dut8mx93_normal.jpegJayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock · 4m4 minutes ago

The Eagles are confirmed as one of the two teams in talks and an unnamed NFC team as the other. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

wow, if true. Would be a perfect fit. There goes our deal for the 6th pick.

Wonder who the other team could be. Rams the only team I could think of, but no way SF would deal in division. Maybe the Skins

Wonder who the other team could be. Rams the only team I could think of, but no way SF would deal in division. Maybe the Skins

That's exactly what I was thinking, definitely hope any team other than Philly picks him up.

Another source:

Can confirm through my connections, @JaysonBraddock 's report that Kaepernick is indeed on the trade block.

I'm not sure my philly fan friends could handle another Chip Kelly move like this.

My 25 second google search makes me think there could be something too it. Not sure if I would want him though, his contract is outrageous for a slightly above average QB.

I tend to agree. He's an incredible talent, though. Just hoping Philly don't pick him up because I'm definitely in support of trading out of 6 with Philly.

The Chicago #Bears and Philadelphia #Eagles have inquired on Colin Kaepernick, per @VincentFrankNFL. #49ers

Confirmed the NFC team is the Chicago Bears. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

0 replies423 retweets85 favorites
 Retweet423
 Fa

I can't even deal right now, how am I going to go to sleep now?!

Over the cap.com has the Pats over the cap by 4 million. Not sure if this is true? It would seem some cutting is about to happen if it is true.

I also remember reading something that they were also one of the top 6 or so teams (like us) that has to spend big bucks to stay above the spending floor.

Cutler would have to be in a deal going back to the Niners right?

They can't have that much money tied up in the qb position.

For sure, you'd think so. Could also mean maybe Foles to the niners if they make the trade. Either Foles' shoulder is bum, or Chip really just doesn't like him.

This would just really screw us out of moving out of the 6 spot. Unless the Browns want to move up, but id rather have two first rounders in next years draft as opposed to both their firsts this draft.

I agree. C'mon Chicago, make it happen.

Archived