Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what concerns me he already won a superbowl he is going to get paid what's his motivation to play like the top CB in the league. He has the Patriots stench on him, wouldn't be upset if we didn't sign him and spent wisely elsewhere.

Yep!  He's a scumbag.  I totally see him getting his jollies off sticking it to Woody and the Jets.

She seems to be pretty with it when it comes to most NFL news. That said, I think Skrine is a back up plan if Revis falls through. They only really need to bring in 2 CBs.

MacDougall and Milliner are question marks at best.

That's even a lot for this year.

Sounds to me like we kept losing out on the guys we wanted so we now have to way overpay to get anyone.   Was really hoping people would want to come play for Bowles and our new GM could close.

For me, it's time to worry.

Certain payers do NOT want to play in NY period. You people like to jump to conclusions. Not everybody is just about money, like Revis.

Per ESPN...Revis could be looking for $40 million in guarantees from the Jets...

And the reason for the leak that they're not breaking the bank.

Schwartz, Feinsod and Uncle Sean are licking their chops knowing the Jets are all in...At this point Revis can hold them hostage for just about anything - and we have to pay it.

Sign Culliver, Cro, Skrine, and Spiller if they aren't going after Revis. Jets have ZERO CB's at the moment. I think we need 3 if none are named Revis.

I'll also add Greg Hardy to that mix and will call it a day on the defensive side.

Sign Culliver, Cro, Skrine, and Spiller if they aren't going after Revis. Jets have ZERO CB's at the moment. I think we need 3 if none are named Revis.

This is what needs to be done...sign two corners then make revis an aggressive but not insane offer and if he walks away, so be it.  If he takess it, and we have one corner too many - great.  carry one less LB.

Per ESPN...Revis could be looking for $40 million in guarantees from the Jets...

And if Woody gives it to him, then he's out of his mind. 

Please, Maccagnan, looks elsewhere.  Don't spend time negotiating with this guy and lose out on other options like we did when we tried to get Asomugha. 

Schwartz, Feinsod and Uncle Sean are licking their chops knowing the Jets are all in...At this point Revis can hold them hostage for just about anything - and we have to pay it.

Plus the #6 pick...we are screwed...

MacDougall and Milliner are question marks at best.

Right. So you bring in two guys who are your #1 and #2, you have the walking wounded, plus Walls, Williams and a late round draft pick and have them all duke it out for the nickle and dime slots. Pretty simple.

Know what I can't wait for? The movie "Free Agency Day" The sequel to draft day when Kevin Costner's replacement in Cleveland has to deal with trying to lure free agents to Cleveland and clean up the mess that Costner left when he drafted two guys in the first six picks that both busted. 

Right. So you bring in two guys who are your #1 and #2, you have the walking wounded, plus Walls, Williams and a late round draft pick and have them all duke it out for the nickle and dime slots. Pretty simple.

Culliver.

Shrine.

Milliner.

McDougle

Williams

Walls

Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson 5m Source: I'm told the #Jets are interested in CB Buster Skrine and that "there's a good chance he could end up in N.Y." [The Jets] need corners and Skrine is one of the few out there still." It sounds to me there's an understanding of mutual interest, as of this point, but Skrine will stay weight offers.

You have to take her seriously.  She broke the news first that Bowles was taking the job and that

the Jets were in on Marshall.  I wonder if she's related to Bowles or his wife???

F that..  Rex had this D playing admirably despite Idziks attempts to sabotage the roster.  If Bowels is the kind of coach we hope he is we don't need to spend 16 mil a year on Revis.

You have to take her seriously. She broke the news first that Bowles was taking the job and that

the Jets were in on Marshall. I wonder if she's related to Bowles or his wife???

Or maybe Bowles is pounding that on Woody's desk.

And if Woody gives it to him, then he's out of his mind. 

Please, Maccagnan, looks elsewhere.  Don't spend time negotiating with this guy and lose out on other options like we did when we tried to get Asomugha. 

What other options?  That is the problem.  #1 there is not a lot of really good CB's floating around out there.  #2 the jets have bags of cash they have to spend.

At least two of Culliver/Cro/Skrine would be pretty solid. Could possibly get all three for a few million more than Revis alone, certainly two for a comparable price.

I'd be fine with Revis, but I think he's toying with the Jets and there are a ton of holes on this team.

Archived