Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Eagles have made free agent FS Devin McCourty their top priority.

The Eagles are expected to be aggressive in their pursuit of McCourty after allowing the second-most passing yards in the league last season. McCourty is seeking $8 million-plus annually as the best safety in this year's class. The Eagles have also been heavily linked to free agent CB Byron Maxwell.

I keep hearing it's one or the other, not both. Whichever they don't get I hope the Jets pounce.

Jets have been linked to Ron Parker who is a SS. If so, Bowles and Mac didn't watch the 2014 Jets

Remember, Deone Buchanan started for the Cardinals last year and was a SS. The Honey Badger was the FS and he is not a typical FS. 5'9''.

Plus I'm looking at his history. He started at corner a lot before being moved to safety when Berry got hurt.Ran a 4.35 so speed isn't the problem. A lot of teams like his versatility.

And honestly, the Jets haven't had a good FS since Kerry Rhodes left, and they survived kinda.

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Eagles have made free agent FS Devin McCourty their top priority.

The Eagles are expected to be aggressive in their pursuit of McCourty after allowing the second-most passing yards in the league last season. McCourty is seeking $8 million-plus annually as the best safety in this year's class. The Eagles have also been heavily linked to free agent CB Byron Maxwell.

Why isn't this is???

Jets have been linked to Ron Parker who is a SS. If so, Bowles and Mac didn't watch the 2014 Jets

You mean the Ron Parker who played both CB and S and started for the Chiefs last year?  He's pretty much a McCourty clone.  You obviously don't know who Ron Parker is.

Would you pay the man if you were Macc? I think I wouldn't but that's just a gut feeling. We can use the money on a true #1 corner and I think we'd be fine even with JJ back there. Virtually anybody is an upgrade over Landry in coverage. Bowles doesn't need a stud safety in his scheme. A stud corner however EVERYBODY need and can make use of.

Quick update on the best cornerbacks left IMO:

- Byron Maxwell

- Cary Williams

- Chris Culliver

- Brandon Flowers

- Buster Skrine

- Davon House

- Perrish Cox

- Tramon Williams

- Antonio Cromartie

- Patrick Robinson

- Walter Thurmond

- Tarell Brown

The rest is pretty much just depth material. I think if we can land Cary Williams and Buster Skrine (good fit, upside, young) we should be happy. Maxwell sounds like is going to Philly. Flowers is not a fit. As for the O-Line, every Guard is still available, so that's a good thing. A couple of tackles are off the market. Same goes for the edge rushers. There are at least 10-15 legit starters out there, most of them considered really good pass rushers and still somewhat young for the most part. So I'm not worried about pass rush and this also makes me doubt that we're gonna draft a pass rusher.

I really like JJ. With that said, we need to do better than that and with all this cap space I think we should.

It'll be tough to bring in 3 bigname DB's (2 CB + 1 S). In that case I'd rather settle for 2 rock solid starting corners. Safeties are more a product of the system. Not saying McCourty can't be good anywhere else, but BB uses his guys right for the most part and playing safety for the Pats (at least last year) wasn't exactly the biggest challenge on the planet considering the corners / help they've had (Revis, Browner etc.).

According to literally everyone. The Texans just severely overpaid for Kareem Jackson to stay home. If the Jets paid this there would be an uproar. Instead there is an uproar CBs are deciding to stay on original teams. Sometimes it just feels like you "jet fans" put our team in an impossible situation finding anything they do to be a problem.

According to literally everyone. The Texans just severely overpaid for Kareem Jackson to stay home. If the Jets paid this there would be an uproar. Instead there is an uproar CBs are deciding to stay on original teams. Sometimes it just feels like you "jet fans" put our team in an impossible situation finding anything they do to be a problem.

Should have gotten used to it by now. There's always a small % of fans here that have to find some reason to bitch, whatever it is. It's always either "man we really overpaid for that guy!" or "why didn't we pay him!? Macc doesn't care about winning!".

Remember, Deone Buchanan started for the Cardinals last year and was a SS. The Honey Badger was the FS and he is not a typical FS. 5'9''.

Plus I'm looking at his history. He started at corner a lot before being moved to safety when Berry got hurt.Ran a 4.35 so speed isn't the problem. A lot of teams like his versatility.

And honestly, the Jets haven't had a good FS since Kerry Rhodes left, and they survived kinda.

I was just about to post this dude can you play any position in secondary and pretty much has .

Archived