Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once we signed Powell, what's the point?

He is still a better RB than Powell and he is only 26.  Powell also rumored to only sign a 1yr deal.  I'm really high on Vereen though.  A lot of others may not have been.  I wanted him over Spiller from the beginning.

Based on past production? Yeah. Maybe they think they can get blood from a stone here, and indeed, maybe they can. I'm just not banking on it.

I feel the same way, I really don't think Carpenter is a significant upgrade to what we had last year

Can't wait for everyone to be shocked when Cro goes to the Boys

I will be!

He loved playing for the Jets, and had success under the Jets new head coach. It would be a huge surprise if he ended up elsewhere.

I will be!

He loved playing for the Jets, and had success under the Jets new head coach. It would be a huge surprise if he ended up elsewhere.

If he goes elsewhere, it's because he got a big offer or the Jets never really were interested. He seems to really want to be here.

So when he signs someone, instead of celebrating the fact that he signed somebody, we go right to the negative. Typical Jets fans

Honestly get off this board if you can't handle people criticizing Jet moves. Jets fans are so negative and awful we get it, you've said it on just about every page of this thread. Sure I was excited we signed someone but I really don't think this solves the Jets' problems along the OL. Sorry I'm not on my knees for Mac and praising the James Carpenter signing like he's the best OG in the league.

Honestly get off this board if you can't handle people criticizing Jet moves. Jets fans are so negative and awful we get it, you've said it on just about every page of this thread. Sure I was excited we signed someone but I really don't think this solves the Jets' problems along the OL. Sorry I'm not on my knees for Mac and praising the James Carpenter signing like he's the best OG in the league.

The reduction in drive-killing penalties should be enough to consider it an upgrade. Colon was murder last year.

I will be!

I would be too, I could just see something crazy like that happening. Cro sounds like he really loved playing here, surprised the Bills aren't in the mix

The more I think about it the more I like the Powell signing.  It's hard to call him a JAG based on how he was used last year and given our track record with FA RB's lately (CJ0.6K and Goodson) maybe its ok to just go with Ivory, Powell, Richardson and the draft.  

The reduction in drive-killing penalties should be enough to consider it an upgrade. Colon was murder last year.

From what I've read Carpenter is a penalty machine and is injury prone, I don't think he's ever started a full season (I may be wrong on that)

Antonio Cromartie tells Stephen A. Smith he's down to Cowboys, Jets, and Cardinals.

Not sure what this means. Maybe a play for some more Jets money? Doesn't sound like he's "in the bag" at all yet...

He never was.  He has always said he'd love to come back to NY.  But money/longer term contracts can sway him to other teams.

J.Carpenter False Start (4), Offensive Holding (3), Ineligible Downfield Pass (1), Illegal Use of Hands (1), Unnecessary Roughness (1) - 

W.Colon False Start (7), Offensive Holding (5), Illegal Use of Hands (1), Face Mask (15 Yards) (1) 

Colon had 12 penalties for 87 yards

Carpenter had 9 penalties for 75 yards

Not as bad but certainly not good

What a well run franchise.  If only they had the balls to fire McCarthy.

I can only hope our organization can be run as well as the packers in the future.

Archived