Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not worried yet at all. Every move Macc has made to date has been spot on IMO.

The next 10 weeks will tell us everything we need to know about the next 5 years.

Not really. He clearly either tried (either directly or leaking through the press) that he wanted to restructure Harvin, which would have been a terrible rookie mistake. Only 2 moves to make with him were keeping him as-is or cutting him outright (either immediately or after finding a replacement). He got lucky that Harvin refused to restructure.

Harris move was no slam dunk. He has been too slow for years and this trend will only continue in one direction. Not only the $ on its face, but that 2 years is guaranteed so we're not going near an ILB except possibly in later rounds or cheepies in FA for depth and special teams.

Kudos - big kudos - for pouncing on Marshall's availability. Sealed the deal for a lowly 5th rounder before a bidding war could have broken out when other teams struck out on the WR they truly wanted after FA began.

Also I like that he was either proactive in getting trade framework done with Kelly now, and/or leaking it to the media. Now it's no secret for Philly or anyone else that while they may have to outbid each other or out-leapfrog each other, none need to trade up higher than #6 purely to prevent the Jets from drafting Mariota.

No problem with re-signing guys we may cut over the summer but are stopgap veterans with a negligible amount guaranteed (Pace, Babin).

Cutting CJ was no stroke of genius. Waiting to see what they offer Powell, since they've allegedly acknowledged (or leaked) interest in him. Hope (if they do) it's nothing nutty like $3-4M/year to outbid someone else when we don't absolutely need him.

Source on Cary Williams' #Jets visit: "Cary was expecting good and what he saw out there was great. He called right after that night and said 'wow.'" He felt really good hearing plans about where they are headed. Todd (Bowles) is amazing. He's player's coach. Cary was pleasantly overwhelmed."

Quick update on the best cornerbacks left IMO:

- Byron Maxwell

- Cary Williams

- Chris Culliver

- Brandon Flowers

- Buster Skrine

- Davon House

- Perrish Cox

- Tramon Williams

- Antonio Cromartie

- Patrick Robinson

- Walter Thurmond

- Tarell Brown

The rest is pretty much just depth material. I think if we can land Cary Williams and Buster Skrine (good fit, upside, young) we should be happy. Maxwell sounds like is going to Philly. Flowers is not a fit. As for the O-Line, every Guard is still available, so that's a good thing. A couple of tackles are off the market. Same goes for the edge rushers. There are at least 10-15 legit starters out there, most of them considered really good pass rushers and still somewhat young for the most part. So I'm not worried about pass rush and this also makes me doubt that we're gonna draft a pass rusher.

So .... Everyone except Kareem Jackson?

If it's going to be a former Brady backup please let it be the other one. The one who actually has an arm and hasn't sh*t the bed so bad they started Party Boy in his place.

Isn't not being given a chance by both coaches who have worked with you your whole career kind of a bigger indictment of his worth?

Hoyer has at least flashed.

Geno and Hoyer had statistically identical years, but Geno has more upside and was not able to just dump it off to

Josh Gordon a half a dozen times a game. I don't get what Hoyer offers us.

Hoyer looked okay 2 years ago. Last season was Clevrland imploding because they came too close to turning the corner, predictably we all know that had to blow up like a lactose intolerant bm after eating a Jim Dandy

Source on Cary Williams' #Jets visit: "Cary was expecting good and what he saw out there was great. He called right after that night and said 'wow.'" He felt really good hearing plans about where they are headed. Todd (Bowles) is amazing. He's player's coach. Cary was pleasantly overwhelmed."

Cary ******* Williams should be on his knees begging for work right now. Who gives a sh*t what he thinks?

Another name that came to my attentions is another Houston QB, Case Keenum. Had an okay year when he started.

As for CB, given the lack of movement by Cro and the reports on Cary Williams visit, it sounds to me as the Jets are waiting for Revis to decide and then they are going to go to Cro (which I am positive they will sign) and the others

If we didn't have injured CB's like Miliner and McDoogle then I would have liked to have taken a flier on Thurmond III for the slot position.

I would rather get Steven Nelson from Oregon State in the draft he's the best nickel corner in the draft IMO

Isn't not being given a chance by both coaches who have worked with you your whole career kind of a bigger indictment of his worth?

Hoyer has at least flashed.

Agree, that is not a good sign with Mallett, but at least it provides some hope, since we aren't 100 percent sure he sucks. All ballots are counted on Hoyer.

Glennon, Foles, Mallett, Locker are my preferences in order. I don't want some potential-less vet to come in and hold down the fort. Might as well just start Geno of our goal is to go 8-8.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4778810/quick-hit-thoughts-around-patriots-nfl-18

9. It wouldn’t be surprising if the Texans express interest in veteran defensive lineman Vince Wilfork, as they have a need at the position and several coaches on staff familiar with him from their time with the Patriots (Bill O’Brien, Romeo Crennel, Mike Vrabel, Anthony Pleasant). But I’m also interested to see if the Jets are in the mix based on Wilfork’s strong ties with first-year Jets defensive line coach Pepper Johnson and their search for more depth up front. Wilfork in Jets green-and-white, coupled with Revis, would be a tough Patriots pill to swallow. The hypothetical reminds me, in part, of longtime Patriots fan favorite Troy Brown taking a visit to the Jets toward the end of his career. (He didn’t sign with them.) 

Agree, that is not a good sign with Mallett, but at least it provides some hope, since we aren't 100 percent sure he sucks. All ballots are counted on Hoyer.

Glennon, Foles, Mallett, Locker are my preferences in order. I don't want some potential-less vet to come in and hold down the fort. Might as well just start Geno of our goal is to go 8-8.

Correction...start Geno you get 3-13, 4-12, and legit shot at Connor Cook or Meckenberg.

Archived