Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Can somebody please explain to these beat writers that the correct term is "agent" and not "source"...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Caplan and Josina Anderson reporting that Hoyer is choosing between Texans and Jets because he wants the chance to start.

Source tells me as of now "the #Texans & the #Jets r @ the forefront of [brian Hoyer's] mind bc they give him the best opportunity to start"

that's seriously depressing, lol

Give me Buster Skrine over Maxwell or any other FA corner out there any day of the week. Perfect fit, terrific press corner, only 25, probably is gonna take half of what Maxwell will be making. Pair him up with Cary, pick up Ron Parker to play centerfield, line up Pryor in the box and then let's go...

"In the Seahawks' Cover 1/Cover 3 system, Maxwell plays a lot of tight man and some off-man or zone. Generally, Seahawks corners cover tightly and close quickly. After dividing Pro Football Focus' yards-after-catch allowed by charted targets, Seahawks corners finished 13th (Tharold Simon), 14th (Sherman) and 18th (Maxwell) in average per-target YAC."

Maxwell also played the nickle a few times last year and his own in man coverage.

Belichick historically gives no ****s about draft position. Without exaggeration, he might have drafted Mallet in the third because he liked the way he held the ball on field goals.

Exactly. You know when Daballsquawk tells you. 'Don't be stupid' he is about to follow it up by setting a new precedent for it.

Give me Buster Skrine over Maxwell or any other FA corner out there any day of the week. Perfect fit, terrific press corner, only 25, probably is gonna take half of what Maxwell will be making. Pair him up with Cary, pick up Ron Parker to play centerfield, line up Pryor in the box and then let's go...

I've got bad news for you: I wouldn't be unhappy with this.

I completely understand that we have a huge issue at the CB position, but I think Maxwell is being secretly overrated here. 10-12 million for him might be expensive.

No question.

Especially when you can probably pay Skrine, Culliver, House all modest deals to all come hear and upgrade the entire unit.

Let's hope Hoyer chooses the Texans.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the 49ers and Vikings have expressed interest in free agent Brian Hoyer.

Hoyer wants to go somewhere he'd have a chance to compete for the starting job. It wouldn't happen in either Minnesota or San Francisco, but we highly doubt there are more than 1-2 teams willing to give Hoyer a shot as a starter. He proved last season as a turnover-prone "game manager" that he's a backup.

Bringing in Hoyer is smart. It sends the message that we don't want to draft a QB, meaning teams don't need to get ahead of us for Mariotta.

This doesn't preclude us from acquiring Foles from Philly either.

Fill the QB room, let the coaches sort it out. Hoyer assumes same backup role other teams view him in if Foles wins job .

Bringing in Hoyer is smart. It sends the message that we don't want to draft a QB, meaning teams don't need to get ahead of us for Mariotta.

This doesn't preclude us from acquiring Foles from Philly either.

Fill the QB room, let the coaches sort it out. Hoyer assumes same backup role other teams view him in if Foles wins job .

In what world does a team with Hoyer, Geno, and baby Simms as your QB's signal to the league that you're set at that position?

You mean the Ron Parker who played both CB and S and started for the Chiefs last year?  He's pretty much a McCourty clone.  You obviously don't know who Ron Parker is.

Stop.

Please just stop.

I'll admit I didn't know who Parker was, all I knew was that site had him listed as a SS, I said this in a few of my posts about him. My only worry was that Bowles and Mac viewed Pryor as a FS, I think we can all agree Pryor is a better fit at SS. Now that I know he played CB, I'm fine with this. 

I would take gamble on Jake from Tenn over hoyer.....hoyer sucks donkey balls!

I'd like to see what Jake would do with decker, marshal, and amaro....we need a good slot and a 3rd down back.  Keeley is OK but I don't think he is tough snuff 5o take the beating over the middle.  

I think Hoyer is the most conservative pick the Jets could make. 55% completion percentage and a TD:INT ratio of 1 to 1. Not sure I'm sold on this.

Hoyer would not beat out Geno.  If we're going for mentor who can step in and play I'd go with the Harvard guy who can impart wisdom and will never, ever, be a distraction.  Not to mention I'm sure Fitzpatrick still remembers Gaileys Offense like the back of his hand. 

Hoyer just got dumped by a team with Johnny 8 Ball and a QB who presided over a 1-15 team. 

Archived