Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Parker from the Chiefs is a great option. He plays SS though.. Can he convert with ease? I like Rahim Moore too.

Parker is more of a DB, meaning he's played both corner and safety. 

I'd love Moore here, but he might price himself out of the picture. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Percy is a talented player who has been a model teammate with the Jets,” general manager Mike Maccagnan said. “We’ve made it clear to Percy and his representatives that we are open to a potential return if there is an arrangement that works for both sides, but out of respect for Percy, we want to give him an opportunity to test the market and evaluate his options. We appreciate his patience as we’ve worked through this process.”

Sorry if this was said already.. So there's still a chance we bring Percy back? Someone will probably over pay for him. 

You think we still bring Cro back?

I do.

Skrine is ideal as a nickel. I just think Cro and Revis on the outsides, Skrine in nickel. Wow. Quite a rebuild. I could also see a current member of the team stepping up, but I'm skeptical that that'll suffice for Bowles.

“Percy is a talented player who has been a model teammate with the Jets,” general manager Mike Maccagnan said. “We’ve made it clear to Percy and his representatives that we are open to a potential return if there is an arrangement that works for both sides, but out of respect for Percy, we want to give him an opportunity to test the market and evaluate his options. We appreciate his patience as we’ve worked through this process.”

Sorry if this was said already.. So there's still a chance we bring Percy back? Someone will probably over pay for him. 

arrangement that works for both sides = a scenario where the Jets don't lose a 4th rounder

he's not coming back, Mac is just being polite me thinks

I do.

Skrine is ideal as a nickel. I just think Cro and Revis on the outsides, Skrine in nickel. Wow. Quite a rebuild. I could also see a current member of the team stepping up, but I'm skeptical that that'll suffice for Bowles.

To be honest.. Legion of boom isn't nearly what it use to be... Browner is gone,Maxwell is gone. Our secondary is better then their's if its Revis/Cro/Skrine/Milliner ... Could be the best in the league. Yeah, quite a rebuild.

Heard Pats top landing spot.

To be honest.. Legion of boom isn't nearly what it use to be... Browner is gone,Maxwell is gone. Our secondary is better then their's if its Revis/Cro/Skrine/Milliner ... Could be the best in the league. Yeah, quite a rebuild.

Don't think we can really afford Cro now. Mo still needs to get paid .

Ugh no. My interpretation is that is a polite way of saying the Jets do not want him back and Percy knows it.

If Percy wants any significant money, he needs to find a team sooner rather than later while teams still have cap space. Long before the Jets would even consider it. If a player waits past a certain point of free agency, they are left with offers from frugal or maxed out teams.

The walking mutiny will wreck someone else's chemistry.

Of course they will take Percy back at some very low money. We can't pay 3 wr's 7-9 mil a year. No one does that.

They can't sign him till after the draft otherwise the 6th rounder to SEA becomes a 4th . There's no way Harvin remains a FA that long. 

why

For the other side. Skrine is a nickel. The secondary they inherited has NO talent and/or NO promise of realizing their potential. They said it days ago, however the current guys in the secondary rebound and/or stepup is going to be gravy. They pretty much set the expectation that it was going to be full-on retooling of the secondary. 

I'd expecting nothing less than 3 new starters and depth being added. Our secondary is why people got fire last year.

Anyone think Cro might make a decent safety?

I'm not sure, but it's just an idea.

Not really. He's a man corner and nothing else. For a couple of years they tried him in zone and he was crap. He came across to me as a guy who got by on his speed and athleticism not super-smarts first and then speed and athleticism second/third. 

Doesn't mean he can't be good at it now. He's a much more seasoned veteran, he's seen and experienced a lot more, etc. But playing in a zone type role in coverage and also being a big aid in run support? Doesn't seem suited for Cro.

However he might be a specific type of DB that just man-covers TEs who are otherwise matchup nightmares (safeties are too slow and don't cover well enough, and most corners are just too small for the task). Cro's huge for a corner and there aren't many (if any) TEs who can burn him. And they don't typically cut on a dime like little slot guys either (also not Cro's strength as he's such a long strider but it wouldn't matter in this role). Would be a good guy to put on the Gronks and lesser-Gronks on our schedule.

But I don't see him as our full time safety. He's a man corner he should be manning up on someone.

From the sounds of an earlier report, there were more moves queue up, all contingent upon Revis deal.

I expect Cro to be a Jet. I could also see a safety being added. Draft will address LB position.

No reason for the Jets to sign Cro now, not with Skrine signed.  Cro is asking for 6 m per that is overkill at the position.

Milliner and McDougle coming back, there is still promise with both of these players.  Then we have Williams who really impressed off the street last year, that is 5 deep, a  very stout CB group.

I think a Ghilcrist signing as a hybrid S/DB and it's a wrap for the secondary.

LB is next position to address, and offensive skill players.

Archived