adb280z

2015 Mets thread!

HOW DID COLLINS NOT APPEAL???????

he'a a ****in idiot - that's why - I have never seen a player awarded a base that didn't touch the base.

I think that was the dirtiest slide I have ever seen.

He could've killed him with a slide like that - he should have been called out and the runner on first as well for impeding the play. Tejada could have broken his neck.

Have you ever seen a player start his slide after the passing the base?

Yes and they are called OUT as well as the hitter - its an AOUTOMATIC DP - ****in nonsense MLB - they are making this game a joke - Duda's 3-2 pitch was nowhere near a srike and blew the potential rally.

Clean play - a$$hole announcer - he wasn't close to touching the base - in fact he didn't touch the base -  and the slide was LATE - that's a judgement call that should go in favor or the fielder since he's totally vulnerable.   

Utley clearly aimed for Tejada not the bag.

Exactly. He should have been called out and it should have been a DP. The announcers didn't even bring that up. I've been watching BB for 55 years and I guarantee you I've seen that same play called a DP because the runner never even had the mindset to trying to touch the base.  UNBELIEVEABLE.  Its a fix - 5 game series its what they want.   

• Upvote 1

Cal Ripken. Darling thinks it was dirty.

It was dirty.  Ty Cobb like which is why he is the most hated player in the game ever. Utley is a modern version of that. 

I can't defend Collins anymore. This team wasn't even supposed to be a wild card berth you are in the NLDS and literally the only person watching the game who didn't know to appeal. Honestly the worst piece of managing I have ever seen tee ball to pro. He should be fired tonight 

I think they didn't give him the option to challenge it.  Since the ump 'blew' the call, he was awarded 2nd base based on the ump screwing up the call.  ridiculous because Utley should have been called out anyways because he wasn't NEAR the base, The rule states he has to be in arms length of touching the base which he was not. This wasn't brought up by ANYONE!    Regardless, Collins is an idiot for letting Gonzales hit VS. Reed. he should have just let colon stay in or go to Niese to face Gonzo.   

Its time for The Black Knight

3162634-batman+the+dark+knight.jpg

It's Harvey time. Harvey, whooooa Harvey.  Now for all you Harvey haters - shut the **** up.  

Edited by Powpow

Ive had it with him too. honestly I hope they send his ass to somewhere like Minnesota. 

cmon not his fault. he is just pissed cause they treated him like a china doll.  You will see The Black Knight will emerge!  

We got this. Not losing any sleep over it. Harvey and Matz will close this out in NY. 

Collins is clueless. Just saw the postgame where he said it's hard to argue Tejada missed the bag.

Well, Tejada missed the bag by an inch, Utley missed it by MANY inches. In fact, Utley didn't even try for the bag. 

Not to mention he ran off the field which is called running out of the base path ...

And Collins incredibly said the umps 'got it right' - Sorry but I don't get it. What kind of message is that to send to your team and fan base.  He ****ed up the end of the season and cost us home field advantage. He is the worse manger in Mets history.   

Calling it right now, Wilmer Flores will have a historic run this postseason to cap off a mythical year. 

He should have been the starting SS to begin with - Collins is an idiot.  He benches Flores for Tejada and starts bum ass Cudeyer who has been an abomination offensively and defensively all year. Cuduyer nearly singlehandedly cost us Game 1.    

Now you will see the heart of the Mets rise up from the depths of darkenss....... And his name is Matt Harvey - THE BLACK KNIGHT

batman_dark_knight_rises-wide.jpg

Utley said he felt bad Tejada got hurt and he didn't mean  to hurt him.  LOL That's like a drunk driving and killing someone and saying I didn't mean to hurt anyone. Uh But you did - didn't you.

• Upvote 1

ESPN reporting it'll get settled by tomorrow. 

The suspension will stand.  Torre has spoken.

I hated Terry Collins - he was despised by his former players who once signed a petition to have him fired.  He even went to my alma mater Eastern Michigan University.   It didn't matter to me. I still felt he was a terrible manager.  He has proved me wrong! He has taken these kids and made them BELIEVE!  You gotta give him his due.  He's learned the hard way and  has done an amazin job.  Way to go Terry!  Congrads!  Go Eagles! Lets Go Mets!

• Thumb Down 1

I have never had a baseball game exhaust me like that in my entire life. Ever.

Not even close but from that post I'm assuming you didn't see 1986 Mets vs. Astros Game 6.  Greatest game ever played. And you also have 1986 WS Game 6 Mets vs. Red Sox.  Both those games are legendary and were absolutely nerve shattering.    

• Upvote 2

I did see both those games, cliche one-up guy. However seeing as I am not old, and was 5 at the time, those games were about as important to me as playing with my Hess truck. Thank you for taking that statement too literally though.

I don't mess with Met history LOL

The Los Angeles Times October 16, 2015  Headline:

"Murphy's Law...Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".   Mets, Murphy, deGrom oust Dodgers in 5.    

Edited by Powpow
  • Upvote 1

Great win- the Mets win with pitching= that is their history and how the team is built for the long term

What Alderson has done, with limited funds and resources, is simply amazing!  He has set up the Met organization with a plethora of young vibrant fireballs that will translate into a competitive team for years to come. Dare I say, this could be the best group of arms this organization has ever developed.  The best is yet to come!

whhhhhooooooooo Murrrrrrrrrrphy! Metsie, Metsie, Metsie!!!!! 1 down 3 to go!

Pitching and clutch hitting wins in the post season, we have the pitching, we are getting the clutch hitting! 

It was great to see the relievers ALL chip in. Niese, Reed, Clip were all instrumental and rebounded from their prior performances.  Big confidence booster for them all.  ood for Collins to show some faith in them and give them a whirl.  And Collins really needs to change this lineup and get Duda out of there. Johnson needs to start.  He can always make defensive changes with Lagares and Duda in the late innings.  This is what I'd like to see.

1. Granderson
  2. Wright
  3. Murphy
  4. Cespedes
  5. Confroto
  6. D'Nauard
  7. Johnson
  8. Flores
  9. deGrom

5 base runners in 2 innings and just 1 run.  We gotta take advantage of these chances. Not good managerial moves by Collins either thus far.  Kendricks is there for the taking!  

Ohhhhh just missed back to back.  I'm tellin ya, Hendricks is bait.

deGrom does not have his good stuff, they are going to need to score a lot of runs to win tonight

He didn't have his good stuff in LA either but he's a bull dog and will work thru it.

Love this team!!!!!

Been a fan since the late 70's, this may be my favorite Mets team ever!

This team is eerily reminiscent of the '69 Mets. Great young pitching, (Seaver, Koosman, Ryan, Gentry....Harvery, deGron, Syn, Matz) a dominant closer, (McGraw....Familia) couldn't hit a lick until Clendenon was acquired .....(Cespesdes) and both teams then went on a tear. We are 1 win away from the World Series...........Lets Go Mets! 

• Upvote 2

I actually feel bad for some of those fans last night. There were definitely a couple fathers in the audience who dropped over a grand to take their kids to a Cubs playoff game.

We take no prisoners. Viva La Potencia!

Duda Comes Alive!!!

Du Da Du Da Du Da.  Where you from Jif?   

Originally from Valley Stream, Long Island.  I live in Jax Beach, Florida now. 

No kidding - my daughter was from Valley Stream LI. Now she lives in Massachusetts and I am moving to Atlantic Beach in Florida next week.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company