adb280z

2015 Mets thread!

Gee steps in as 5th starter now instead of most likely in the bullpen- pitchers breaking down is the norm in baseball it seems

Not starting Harvey for home opener is stupid.

Colon will give you a chance to win in most of his games- thanks to bone head play by Desmond. Mets took advantage.

I'm not saying that he's on track to get 30 wins this year, but he is.

You have to love the guy he just wants to get to the mound and chuck it to the plate- always smiling.

Harvey is the man- the right attitude wish all of them had

Now bullpen do not blow it- for him- especially walking batters

Winning  2 out of 3 vs. Nats is great to start the season-especially after all the problems the last couple of years of us trying to beat them

Home opener- interesting in seeing if new outfield dimensions will impact games

Mets history is to win with pitching- so far that is what is happening this year for their 4 wins.

That's what Terry Collins does. He brings fundamentals to fat guys.

I know it's so early but jumping out this far ahead still matters. Last year, 88 wins was enough for the playoffs. We would need to go 75-71 the rest of the way to hit that mark. .500 ball the rest of the way puts us in position.

The biggest thing is to avoid long losing streaks. With the starting pitching we have it will keep in most of the games

Figure we'll call up Thor at some point too. And get a lot of the bullpen back. It's stupid that the pitching has held up this well considering all the setbacks. Looks like Alderson wasn't so dumb after all, despite all the bitching.

Early but Noah has not pitched well at Vegas so far. Parnell and Black still awhile off I think

I'm psyched for this Subway Series!

I don't expect the Mets to sweep, so their winning streak might end this weekend.

I have the Rangers over on MSG, and so will be flipping channels tonite.

Hope I have a similar problem in the Fall, when the Mets are in the post-season and the Jets are on at the same time.

Yeah I will be flipping also Rangers and Mets

Not a big fan of sending him at for the 9th- rather save that wear and tear for late in the season

Herrera is at triple A- look for him to be pushing Murphy out next year

Other than throwing and catching, he's a fair fielder.

Add in bone head running and fielding- his hitting is all you got.

When wright gets back probably within a week. Herrera will most likely get sent down again. you do not want 20 year old guy on the bench. only a matter of time though

Just not getting enough hitting to support this starting pitching. They are built to win with pitching but need more balance

Yeah the hitting and defense not supporting the pitching-a common theme but still 7 games over 500

Which is nice.  I didnt expect to compete this year...but they're only 2.5 games up on the Nats and this team is stale as can be.  Pitching can only take you so far.  You need Bats to get momentum and string a couple of wins together.  Winning 2-1 ball games all year long is damn near impossible.

I'm afraid we're watching the real Mets right now and we were all fooled by that huge win streak.  I see this team quickly falling out of playoff contention without some serious changes at the plate.

And that line up last night that Collins rolled out was a ******* joke. 

They have to make a trade for some hitting - they can put the starters and bullpen out there every night with limited support

‪#‎Mets‬ offense 1st 16 games (13-3): .249 batting average, 4.6 runs per game, 61 BB, 100 K

Last 17 (7-10): .224 BA, 3.0 runs per game, 35 BB, 131 K

Wasted another good pitching performance with no hitting. Harvey turns it up when he needs to - the mark of a great pitcher

You knew the one game we score a couple of runs the pitching and defense will not hold up- 4 game sweep - terrible

Harvey tonight- 4 game against the Cards- going to be tough

Matz pitched another gem last night at Vegas. Parnell and Black both one clean inning at Binghamton. Black is getting closer to returning

Colon with RBI double-classic

Conforto already up at AA this week. I wonder if they fast tracked him because of Nimmo's injury.

It is where he belonged to start- he was tearing up St Lucie.

yeah as a Mets fan you needed to get a no hitter- Johan was our sacrifice

You think they'll call him up for a short stint after the break?

The Mets would never do it they want to control him and his salary

I thought that's just if they're on the roster for opening day?

I am not expert on the exact rules but there is a time period which you can control the player and not based on opening day roster-

Murphy on disabled list now- pretty soon we will have to get a shutout every game to keep winning

• Upvote 1

D'Arnaud and Herrera back later this week.

Niese and Gee on trading block to bring some added hitting.

Nice to see the Mets draft a young outfielder....but it's moves like losing our original first for Cuddyer that make me scratch my head

Yeah I am getting tired of Alderson bringing in these American League guys that are past their prime hitting

Another pathetic hitting or non hitting performance. The pitchers can only do so much- Alderson is being patient to make a deal but they can compete with the pitching they have so he should be aggressive to get a legit hitter in this lineup

100 games to go.

They've played 62, and sit atop the NL East with a 32-29 record. 

Things were looking rosy when they were 13-3, but the injury bug bit, and the hitting slowed down.

My lowest expectation is they will be in the pennant race at least until the All-Star break- a little higher hope would be at least until Jets TC opens.

Higher expectation: in the race until the Jets opener against Cleveland.

Highest expectation: the sky's the limit!

After so many losing seasons I am not picky- just want them to have a chance to make the playoffs into the summer July and august

• Upvote 1

Ok went to the game yesterday- coming back from 8 to 3 was a shock to all of us. Gee belongs out of the rotation and this team

Mets to designate Gee for assignment

June 15th, 2015 3:33 pm

The Mets will designate Dillon Gee for assignment, Adam Rubin of ESPN reports (June 15, 3:26 pm).

Gee, who was recently moved to the bullpen, made a spot start on Sunday, allowing eight runs in 3 2/3 innings of work.

With RHP Akeel Morris joining the Mets from High-A St. Lucie, designating Gee for assignment would create room on the roster.

In 39 2/3 innings pitched for the Mets this season, Gee went 0-3 with a 5.90 ERA and 1.66 WHIP.

Gee, 29, is earning $5.3 million and is eligible for arbitration after the season.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company