adb280z

2015 Mets thread!

******* cursed. No other way around it. Jesus Christ this sh*t. It never ends.

Yep. 

This is what we get for the Mets doing what you're supposed to do, build around young pitching.

• Upvote 2

haha - the only reason they set up the rotation this way is to have Harvey pitching the second home game when ticket sales plummet.  The thought that Collins actually made this decision because of strategy is comical.  The guys' a moron.

Mejia is reminding me of Wheeler all over again, so I'm super stoked about his elbow soreness. 

Quiet you.  I'm enjoying the Mets undefeatedness.

Colon just became the first pitcher in at least 100 years to defeat the same opponent with seven different teams. That is insane when you think about it.

It's even more insane that people can actually keep track of all this stuff. 

Lastly **** that stupid Go Cubs Go song. I always hate that song but this week in particular has been particularly bad. 3 nights in a row I've had to hear fat jagaloons sing that as they try to high five me because they're too drenched in Old Style and helmet nacho cheese to tell the difference between a Mets jersey and a Cubs jersey.

I went to a Mets series in Chicago several years back, saw Glavine's 300th win.  Luckily the Mets took 2/3 so I only had to hear that stupid song once.  I'd say we annoyed the sh*t out of them with "Jose, Jose Jose Jose" chants all weekend, so we were kind of even I guess.

Posted this in the 100,000 post thread.  I know, I know, Harvey is the Dark Knight, not Iron Man.  Still, pretty sweet.  Big Fat Bartolo makes it damn near perfect.

11051972_10101173464854226_1111377548078

What's the likelihood we could trade Steven Matz for, say, Starlin Castro?  Or is this the stupidest idea ever?  Is Gato going to punch me for this suggestion?

Technically wasn't a game winner since the Mets ended up winning 4-3, but definitely a key moment.  Love the comment, "The most exciting at bat in baseball".  So true.

Go ahead, RBI...better?

fag

Better.  Minus the fag part.  That's hurtful and offensive. 

Go Mets!

Past the 1/3 point in the season and hanging on to 1st place.  If you would have said this would be the case at the beginning of the season, I would have said I'll take it in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

Now there's talks of moving Syndergaard to the bullpen to bring up Matz.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Thor answered with a 1 run, 11 SO's in 6 innnings outing vs. the read hot Blue Jays! 

Yep!  Awesome!  Too bad the Mets f*cked him out of a W.

Give Bautista credit, he turned on that inside pitch and drove it. It was an amazing swing.

This is where fantasy sports can be very cruel when it comes to rooting for your team in reality.  I have both Syndergaard and Bautista in my money league.  I know, I know, no one cares.

Its amazing.  They cant hit for the life of them on the road and just about every park in the Nation is more hitter friendly than Citi Field but these ****ers dont bring their bats on the road, at all. You think they'd be dying to get out of Citi for a game or two.  

They're just a terrible road team. 

Next 6 games are also on the road.  Is it too optimistic to hope to win 2 of them?

The team has improved. Farm system looks good. No albatross deals. Abundance of assets for future deals. Several bats to call up to fill the glaring holes made obvious by this year. What's the problem?

9 years of learned helplessness and self-loathing? 

We figured at the start of the year the team was a year away, so .500 ball should be more than tolerable.  I guess we had unrealistically high hopes because of the fact that the Mets 2 titles were won on the backs of strong homegrown pitching, and the performances Syndergaard has been putting up coupled with the hot start in April made people believe we'd be a contender a year early.

And as faba said, it'd be fine to have one of the 3 phases lacking.  But having poor hitting AND defense is a little rough.  The pitchers have to go out there thinking they need to be perfect every night.

Trade Harvey, go to war next year with Wheeler, Syndergaard, Matz, deGrom and whoever?

I'm starting to feel fine about trading Harvey for a bat.  Plenty of studs and it will sting less than when he becomes a FA and prefers to play cross town.

We'd have to trade him to a team that can afford to extend his contract.  At least we'd get to choose where he goes rather than let him become a Yankee.  It'll be bad enough when they get Bryce Harper.

Harvey for Starlin Castro and Jorge Soler.  That's probably the best we could get. 

Yuch

No way I would do that-

Agreed.  Clearly we need a SS but so does everyone outside of a handful of teams.  Hence why 8 shortstops went in the first round of the draft 3 weeks ago.  That was the most of any one position (other than pitcher) to go in the 1st round in the history of the draft. 

You guys are losers and I'm embarrassed to be associated with you.

"Wahhhhhh who's avaaaaaailable?"

"Wahhhhhh we'll have to settle for a douchy shortstop and some scraaaaps"

The Mets are in the driver's seat the second they put any of these dudes on the market. It's up to the other teams to make players available to procure a 23-25 year old ace. Some ******* team is going to empty their farm system for Cole Goddamn Hamels in a few weeks, and you're worried about who's "available" if Harvey hits the block? You're all Jets fans through and through. You make me sick.

Agreed let's go get Trout

The Phillies will be getting prospects for Hamels. Not ML-ready everyday players, which is what we want.

I would absolutely love to get some bats for Harvey. But looking around the league it's hard to see a realistic deal out there. But that could change in a month or 2.

Ultimately faba's idea might be best. Make a deal after the season.

The minute we trade Harvey for Todd f*cking Frazier because he's a Toms River kid is the minute he suddenly becomes a guy on the wrong side of his 30's who strikes out way too much and magically went from a 30 HR guy in the 4th-easiest park in the majors to hit HR's (Source:  http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor) to an 18 HR guy. 

This is Shane's plan.

thank god we play chicago this week if im alderson id just be like give us kris bryant for someone and theyd be all like cool

In all seriousness, if it's hitting prospects we want Chicago would be the team to do business with. 

Niese for Baez- do you guys do a trade like that?

In a heartbeat.  Dude is hitting .314 at AAA right now, up from .260 his previous season at Iowa.  His BB:K ratio is alarmingly bad but if he can play any defense whatsoever it's a net positive. 

Doubt the Cubs make that deal, however, unless he's one of those high BABIP types the Cubs bank on.  They're far more likely to include a Baez type in a deal for Hamels.

Really good interview out here with Epstein today. Said anyone who does a deal right now is probably going to get shafted because the market isn't hot enough yet due to the fact that it's not close enough to the deadline. Almost verbatim said this is basic supply and demand sh*t.

But hey. What does he know.

Hey guys, Mets got shut out again.  Just incase you didnt know. 

Haha.  The nature of a .500 team.  One day a AAA call-up performs well, we win 3-0, and we're awesome again.  Next day get shutout, we suck again. 

No major trades are going to made now- too many teams still will think they are in it.

The rest of schedule in July after the break is brutal- if they can within distance after that stretch we might have  a chance

What's the most we can get for Niese?  I'd be pleased with a middle infielder who can play some semblance of defense and returning to a 5-man rotation.  Kill 2 birds kind of thing....

If he has another outing like his last two I'd be shocked if we couldn't get that at the deadline. He's been on fire recently.

Same here, but it seems execs are skeptical?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/jon-niese

Jon Niese has posted stellar results of late, but Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that a run of six straight starts has done little to restore the trade value of the Mets lefty. “It changes nothing for me,” an NL exec told Martino. “Stuff has gotten lighter every year. The Mets are going to tell everyone it’s as good as ever to keep trade value high.” A second evaluator told Martino, “I would assume GMs wouldn’t overreact to recent performance, and would consider the long term picture along with health and the financial commitment.” Niese’s hot streak — he has a 2.41 ERA over his past six starts — came up in yesterday’s MLBTR Chat, though I offered a similar take; six starts does little to override a history of shoulder issues, and Niese’s secondary stats haven’t been as impressive as his ERA in that time anyhow.

Mets are going to have excess bullpen help also available. Mejia, Parnell, Black, etc.

It is a shame that Montero did not stay healthy, because he should be a nice chip also.

We just witnessed the Royals nearly win a title off the dominance of 3 relievers.  I'd be far more willing to move Niese than a reliever.  If it came to that, we better get some very good compensation.

It is like 1973 all over again (I know, you didn't live through that), but that is what this year is like.

So we're winning the NL Pennant?  Awesome!!

No, I'm saying that sitting on your hands because you think the good pitching you have today will be good two years from now is silly.

Hmm, so among the group of Harvey, deGrom, Wheeler, Syndergaard and Matz....you think 1 ore more of them won't be anything special 2 years from now? 

I can understand trading them before they walk to the Yankees, but ASSUMING that the quality young pitching you have right now won't for the most part remain quality pitching 2 years from now seems silly. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company