adb280z

2015 Mets thread!

The mets did Randolph wrong and they've been in the toilet ever since.

Randolph was terrible. No concept of National League ball. Even Manuel knew how to use a double switch.

Yep.

This is what we get for the Mets doing what you're supposed to do, build around young pitching.

Every good young pitcher. Every single time. Like ******* clockwork. They get traded or hurt or addicted to cocaine and then they go pitch no hitters and win rings with the Yankees AND WHAT THE **** WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER WATCHING SPORTS THEY BRING ME NO JOY AT ALL

• Upvote 1

Yet he was 100x more successful than Terry Collins who people still defend.

Lol, you are wonderful.

I'm confused as to why this is happening.

Sets it so the rotation has Harvey pitching game 2 against Philly. Effort to boost ticket sales because the home opener is a lock to sell no matter who pitches.

That does make sense.

Alderson admitted to it a week ago. I'm not sure why he did. They could have just said that they believed deGromm earned it and nobody would have cared. Now they come off being petty about something that is trivial to begin with. I mean honestly who gives a ****.

You know what's nuts? I see the headline today that Lagares was extended through 2020, and I was all like WHAAAAT I LIKE HIM BUT HOW CAN WE EXTEND HIM FOR THAT LONG?? Then I realized that it's 2015 which means that's a 4-year ext and ****, time is flying by.

• Upvote 2

Colon will give you a chance to win in most of his games- thanks to bone head play by Desmond. Mets took advantage.

I'm not saying that he's on track to get 30 wins this year, but he is.

• Upvote 1

You have to love the guy he just wants to get to the mound and chuck it to the plate- always smiling.

One of these days he's going to hit a home run, and it's going to be the most glorious sh*t ever.

• Upvote 1

Perfect start to the season. Starting pitching did an unbelievable job. Kept the pitch counts to exactly what they needed to be too.

Also pitching aside d'Arnoud looks eons better as both a catcher and a hitter this year. Man, him being a consistent hitter would be huyooge.

I am legitimately in love with the tandem of deGromm and Harvey. And that's not a euphemism. I mean it in a totally gay way. Extra homo.

• Upvote 1

Always thought Wheeler would be our Ace like #2 but deGrom is head and shoulders a better pitcher.

Plus Harvey looking this good gives me hope for him.

Almost not even caring who wins this one. It's the 5th inning and this game has been awesome. Harvey staring down Utley was hilarious. Hard to remember the last time the Mets looked like a tough team. This is going to be a fun summer.

That was great, especially considering it was Utley. That was a beautiful thing.

It's about time somebody stood up like that, a long coming with Utley too.

Utley caused Mike Pelfry to have a meltdown, and there's no way Wheeler, or even DeGrom would've done that. Maybe Colon.

Cuddyer taking out that SS, in Atlanta[i think] was good too. I hope that rubs off on the whole team.

Ditto. I think some of that is Collins. Wright certainly seemed to turn towards that mentality once he started playing under him. Would the Wright of 5 years ago have yelled at Thor during spring training? IMO probably not.

Let the Yanks get the headlines. This is who the Mets should be.

We'll sees how it goes. 

I remember in '86 Gary Carter was hurt and had to miss a few weeks. Ed Hearn stepped in, did a decent job and the Met machine kept on rolling.

That winter Ed Hearn was traded for David Cone.

Losing Mejia, Wright, Blevins and D'arnaud is a tough quartet to lose. Campbell has steppid in well for Wright, and gives great at bats. But, it will be nice to have Wright again in a little bit. The biggest loss is Blevins.

d'Arnoud is tough. The starting rotation really had a groove going with him and he's been hitting well. Such a bummer, he put a lot of time in this past year and it looked like it was paying off big time.

Rough day with the injuries, consolation is that instead of bringing up a guy like Omir Santos or Henry Blanco the Mets have a legit prospect in Plawecki to replace d'Arnaud.

Good call on Plawecki. Wow. What a fun start to the year.

Conforto and Herrera are tearing it up in the minor leagues also.

Conforto being legit would be so huge. A major bat added to this lineup next year would be such a piece to the puzzle.

Harvey getting his foot examined. Apparently has been bothering him for months.

Still scheduled to make next start so hoping this is minor.

They're saying it's nothing. With how safe this franchise has been playing it with injuries this year, I'm not stressing this one. Sandy's been pretty anal about this stuff so if they aren't worried then cool.

Believe he is being groomed to replace Cudyer when his deal is done after next year. Here is the most recent write up on Conforto:

Mets OF prospect Michael Conforto was named his league’s Player of the Week on Monday, after the starting the year batting .366 with four HR and 13 RBI through 11 games.

According to beat reporter Adam Rubin, Mets officials discussed having Conforto open the season at Double-A Binghamton instead of Single-A St. Lucie, where he currently leads the Florida State League in home runs and total bases (April 20).

“Get him out of this league,” a scout watching Conforto recently told Rubin. “The kid has been incredible.”

Conforto, 22, was drafted with the team’s first-round pick (No. 10 overall) in 2014. He appeared in five Grapefruit League games before being demoted this spring, during which hit .364 he had four hits and three RBI in 11 at bats.

“I think I spy another hitter,” an excited Keith Hernandez said about Conforto on SNY after seeing him hit an RBI double in early March.

MLB.com recently ranked Conforto as the organization’s third-best position prospect, placing him behind only Brandon Nimmo and Kevin Plawecki (Jan., 2015). Baseball America ranked him fifth-best (Dec. 2014).

According to MLB.com’s prospect insider Jonathan Mayo, Conforto has the potential to regularly hit 25 home runs in the big leagues.

Nimmo's looking good too. The makings of a decent outfield, hopefully.

Colon runs at you and you become a deer in headlights.

Crazy that the franchise record is 11 wins in a row, both in 1969 and 1986.  Now, in 2015. 

Pitching has carried them through this streak.  Will be interesting how they approach trades this summer.  Do they go for it this year for a bat, or hold on to their top prospects?

I'm not saying Big Sexy is the best athlete on the planet right now but he is.

• Upvote 1

Really didn't think in a million years I would see this franchise ever sweep an entire homestand. The fact that they did it with all the injuries they've had is even more ridiculous.

LOL.

Besides the laughs of it, the impressive thing was that he followed fundamental baseball principals to a T. They always teach to run straight at a baserunner in those situations but you constantly see major leaguers screw it up. Not Big Sexy. The Big Fundamentals.

That's what Terry Collins does. He brings fundamentals to fat guys.

I know it's so early but jumping out this far ahead still matters. Last year, 88 wins was enough for the playoffs. We would need to go 75-71 the rest of the way to hit that mark. .500 ball the rest of the way puts us in position.

The biggest thing is to avoid long losing streaks. With the starting pitching we have it will keep in most of the games

Figure we'll call up Thor at some point too. And get a lot of the bullpen back. It's stupid that the pitching has held up this well considering all the setbacks. Looks like Alderson wasn't so dumb after all, despite all the bitching.

Early but Noah has not pitched well at Vegas so far. Parnell and Black still awhile off I think

I think it's just the elbow though. Matz has looked good too. I read early May for Black.

That's a Wilpon issue because there's no salary cap. Cano would help this team for the immediate and near future, so worrying about a contract 8 years down the line in a non-salary cap league doesn't make sense.

Eh, they seem pretty high on Herrera. Giving up assets for Cano doesn't really seem like Sandy's style anyways. I think he lost a lot of trade leverage when Wheeler went down also, because for this year there's no longer a surplus.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company