adb280z

2015 Mets thread!

Are we getting Colon'd on opening day?  Is it geriatric day? 

Love it. Duda hits 2 in on a single up the gap because the Nats bloopered an easy pop fly. Till that point, Scherzer was throwing a no-hitter.

Does Harvey have a hair appointment tomorrow or will he pitch?

haha - the only reason they set up the rotation this way is to have Harvey pitching the second home game when ticket sales plummet.  The thought that Collins actually made this decision because of strategy is comical.  The guys' a moron.

Mejia is reminding me of Wheeler all over again, so I'm super stoked about his elbow soreness. 

Colon will give you a chance to win in most of his games- thanks to bone head play by Desmond. Mets took advantage.

Timely hitting after a terrible play.  So glad we didnt give up that trade for Desmond.

If the Mets get timely hitting, they might be o.k. this year.  Might. 

Cuddyer gives you more timely hitting already. The guy is a professional hitter.

What Met actually exceeded abilities last year in the hitting department? No one? 

Don't know where this team will finish, but it should be better than last year by dumb luck alone.

Agreed.  Lots of tough breaks last season and with the division being absolute sh*t, they might have a chance to make a run (if they can take care of the Nationals and not go 3-15 or whatever they were last year vs them).

Cuddyer, Duda - they should provide some timely hitting.  If David Wright could ever wake up and just be a base hit type batter, he might be worth a sh*t again.

It's time to trade Murphy.  He's garbage.  Package him a Gee and get another bat or something.  

No structural damage for Mejia. Inflammation. Will need rest and probably a DL stint.

Personally, I am more comfortable with Familia in that spot.

Will be interested to see hat Parnell can add in a month's time.

Thank goodness! 

None of these injuries should really impact the team too negatively.  Yes, they sting and Arnaud was playing really well but none of them are too big to overcome.  Especially this early in the season. 

9 straight!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who is this team????

That WAS an amazing catch. One of the best I have seen.

Clutch too...lead off hit that could have started a rally.  

I'm in awe and just waiting for the wheels to fall off.  haha

weplb44iosjmvfahnnn3.gif

******* love it!  The man is absolutely possessed! 

sh*t game DeGrom didn't have it. Oh well. Harvey tomorrow!

Murphy is the worst defender ever.

2 terrible outings from DeGrom and Neise.  I dont see that happening too often in a series this year.  Especially DeGrom just not having his stuff.  Kid is consistent so I'm hoping this was just a one game thing.  Other than the first game, its crazy to say, but I dont think hitting is going to be massive issue this season.  Duda is the real deal and Cuddyer brings legitimacy to the heart of the line-up. 

Didnt take the series but I thought they fought hard despite two terrible outings.  Sweep the Marlins and get back on pace! 

It was a fun series, good for the city. Happy the Yanks won the series but the Mets are legit. Their pitching is real, bullpen seems more than fine and I think they can hit enough, not completely sold yet. What scares me the most coming from non-met fan is the defense up the middle. Flores and Murphy are not good defenders at short and second. What is your take on that situation?

Murphy is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.  Flores I dont really have any issues with and if he keeps up the pace he's on with his bat, I'll take a little less in the field for a bat at SS. Other than Jose Reyes, the Mets have never had a SS who can hit in my lifetime.

I was a little afraid going into this series that the Mets have been taking advantage of terrible teams, so losing to the Yankees was a little disheartening but I just dont see DeGrom having too many similar outings so I aint tripping yet.  Tons of Baseball left.  

This is crazy talk but if you look at who made the playoffs last year in the NL, the Mets can go .500 from here and be in. 

Herrera is at triple A- look for him to be pushing Murphy out next year

Just trade the guy already.  He's not even hitting well this year (though he's starting to warm up a bit).

Murph!  That was a bomb.

Hits a game-winning hr and makes a sparkling play in the field in the 9th. Some atonement there for his slow start.

You're welcome.  He's heard my criticism and is finally doing something about it.

Okay, a two game sweep over the o's.

18-10.

It was nice to see deGrom bounce back.  He had himself in some trouble a couple of innings where I was thinking uh-oh, but he delivered.  The strike out of Davis with the bases loaded...I definitely gave a little fist pump! 

Can we trade Murphy when Wright gets back?  He's literally worthless.  Just keep Herrera at 2nd.  He's a better glove and right now, a better bat. 

Showcasing Syndegaard for trade, I hope. So many easy outs in the lineup. Getting another bat or two, along with dumping Gaybash Murphy, will get my attention.

Yeah, but dont package this kid, not yet at least.  Cant wait to see what he's got. He's been lighting Vegas up!

Package Gee and Murphy, like I've been saying for months.  He's good enough and people actually think Murphy is good at Baseball, so they should be able to get a bat. 

I didn't know the called Syndergaard, Thor. That's awesome. Dark Knight and Thor. Pretty stoked to see this kid.

Syndegaard looked nasty at times, but Murphy ****ed him, the bats were non-existent, and the bullpen sucked. Welcome to NY, Noah.

Murphy is the ******* worst thing ever.  I'm so sick of seeing that worthless piece of sh*t on the field.

I think a big momentum swing though was when Granderson for some stupid reason tried to take 3rd on that hit Murphy hit.  No clue what he was thinking.  Could have easily got some runs with runners at the corners and 1 out.

Syndergaard started losing some control toward the middle of the 5th.  He's a little wild.  He had a sh*t ton of one hoppers.  Keeping Plawecki on this toes.  He doesnt seem to have the nasty finisher.  But wow, can he throw some gas.

But yeah, welcome to NY, enjoy that run support and outstanding fielding. 

Yeah the hitting and defense not supporting the pitching-a common theme but still 7 games over 500

Which is nice.  I didnt expect to compete this year...but they're only 2.5 games up on the Nats and this team is stale as can be.  Pitching can only take you so far.  You need Bats to get momentum and string a couple of wins together.  Winning 2-1 ball games all year long is damn near impossible.

I'm afraid we're watching the real Mets right now and we were all fooled by that huge win streak.  I see this team quickly falling out of playoff contention without some serious changes at the plate.

And that line up last night that Collins rolled out was a ******* joke. 

Shades of Kenny Rogers....

Wasted another good pitching performance with no hitting. Harvey turns it up when he needs to - the mark of a great pitcher

I dont even think he's got his best stuff yet.  Which is just insane. 

Its just frustrating.  He puts the team on his back and they cant pull off what should have been an easy win.  Bases loaded, 1 out...cant push one through.  Just endless lost opportunities missed and the guy still keeps them in the lead.  Then that dipsh*t Collins yanks him at 100 pitches and it all goes to hell.  He's going to leave, go cross town, win multiple CY Youngs, a couple of World Series and retire/enter the HOF as a Yankee.

Harvey tonight- 4 game against the Cards- going to be tough

Vs. Lackey, this is a game they can win.

I expect to lose the rest :)

How about Thor the other night?  1 hitter in his first win ever? 

Harvey counting the days until his free agency.

He will win multiple CY Youngs, MVP's, World Series and he'll go into the Hall....and he'll do it all cross town.

So that was fun while it lasted.  It was only a matter of time before the Nats caught up (my World Series pick). 

So terrible.  I dont even think a Wild Card is achievable with this team's offense. 

So, should we find a way to get Thor on the field every night for his bat?  3-3 with probably the longest bomb of the year. 

Oh yeah, he pitched well too. 

Colon with RBI double-classic

That his second game winning RBI on the year.  The guy is just so funny to watch at the plate too.  That at bat was so pathetic.  His bunt attempts were laughable and then he knocks a perfectly placed ball that gets by Ichiro.  I was dying laughing.  

Collins going with the 6 man rotation once Gee is back is interesting.  Good way to keep the young guys fresh.

Technically wasn't a game winner since the Mets ended up winning 4-3, but definitely a key moment.  Love the comment, "The most exciting at bat in baseball".  So true.

Go ahead, RBI...better?

fag

Better.  Minus the fag part.  That's hurtful and offensive. 

Go Mets!

Shut up.

• Upvote 1

So is deGrom better than Harvey?  Serious question.  To Harvey's defense, I dont think he's got his best stuff yet...but my god, deGrom is nasty. 

If the season ended today the mets would have .the 2nd wildcard.

That post was 2 weeks ago...

D'Arnaud and Herrera back later this week.

Niese and Gee on trading block to bring some added hitting.

This is good news.  Throw in Murphy to get some extra juice!!!

Awfully quiet in here, at least the Yanks beat the Nats. You're welcome Tom.

We dont like bragging when we are in first place and getting no hit.

• Upvote 1

Ron Darling made a good point in the first inning. Syndergaard shows the ball for way too long and it doesn't have movement. You can throw gas but if you give the hitter enough time to watch the ball and it's coming out straight, you're going to get hit.

For sure.  And also, I saw on his first start, you could see it, he throws gas but he doesnt have a finishing pitching.  He doesnt have that one devastating pitch you just cant touch.  He's a baby, so maybe he can develop that but right now he's a one trick pony.  Granted, that trick is pretty solid but you have to be able throw something else if you want to have long term success.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company