adb280z

2015 Mets thread!

Mets are better than Yankees this year.

Post-roids era baseball is about the starting pitching and Mets have it. Yankees don't outside of tanaka.

Really don't want to hijack this thread, but Pineda has as much talent as any starting pitching on either team.

But back to the Mets. They have done a great job of trading for, drafting, and developing young staring pitching.

You think Pineda is as talented as Harvey? I would love for you to be right about that. Srsly

yes absolutely.. if he's healthy he's as good as anyone in baseball.

Many athletes have as much talent as others. That does not mean they perform at an equal or better level.

Harvey's demeanor along with him stuff make him a better pitcher than Pineada, to date what we have seen. 

Not sure if he will surpass him either, unless Harvey is injured.

Sample size is pretty damn small for both (41 vs. 36 career starts), I don't see how you can say either is a better pitcher in such broad terms. Pineda in the 13 starts he made last year was better than Harvey has been to date. Both are pretty damn talented and have a lot to prove performance and health wise.

I don't get the Mets fans fascination with Wally Backman.

Equally as such, I don't get how the Yankees were so protective of Willy Randolph. He was a shrinking violet as a Met manager.

Backman was a fiery player, he is a protege of Davey Johnson, and has had success at the minor league levels he has coached. I would say that is the fascination.

Yankee fans are protective of Willie Randolph? That would be news to me. Anyways, if Backman is such a qualified candidate why aren't other teams tripping over themselves to hire him?

Wheeler torn UCL, Tommy John Surgery. Maybe this shouldn't of been a surprise, but the Mets were really downplaying how serious it was that he was getting an MRI and that the bigger deal was the blister. I'm sorry Mets fans.

Jenrry Mejia suspended 80 games for steroids. Tested positive for Stanozolol (same thing Ervin Santana got busted for) 

Going to the game to see Harvey today, first game of the year and it's not at Yankee Stadium.

11 in a row, Mets really sizzling. Hoping the Yanks who are actually playing real well themselves can cool you down. 

Early but Noah has not pitched well at Vegas so far. Parnell and Black still awhile off I think

and to top it off, he feels the need to respond to a troll by taking a shot at the working man. No cool. 

CDXnns6WgAA-LX0.jpg

Good,  doesn't need to be said, Harvey is a stud. Other than him, was impressed  with Lagares and Duda. Both look like real good players you can plug in everyday without thought.

Bad, while Murphy and Flores  both can hit, they may be the worst middle infield combo in baseball, neither guy can hack it at their position. Murphy is a good example as to why the Yankees shouldn't force feed Refsnyder on the big league club unless he improves his defense at 2B, and I'm not hopeful he ever will. 

Just trade the guy already.  He's not even hitting well this year (though he's starting to warm up a bit).

He's an AL guy, though the DH may be making its way to the NL soon enough

Since others make dumb trade proposals that benefit their team, I will do the same:

Mets trade to Dodgers:

-Dillon Gee

-Wilmer Flores

-some other prospect

Mets receive

-SS prospect Corey Seager

Dodgers fill their need for an immediate starting pitcher. I believe that Kendrick has a one year deal at 2B, and Flores can be positioned there.

Dodgers gave Cuban Hector Olivera $63 million to be their 2B next year. 

Never seen Harvey look that bad. Something is wrong when you got Justin Maxwell teeing off on you, he just missed the previous pitch, but Harvey gave him another one to crush. Everyone seeing the ball well and taking healthy cuts. You wonder if he's tipping his pitches. 

He's been terrible lately.  He's just not 100% at all.  You can tell, he just doesnt have his best stuff right now.

He's still bringing the heat, I saw him at 95-98 mph last night.

I think Meija kinda got shafted with the AS game. I can't see him beating out the other finalists at this point, but he earned the nod.

You mean Familia

Will Harvey, deGrom, Wheeler, Syndegaard, Matz ever pitch in same rotation?

I'd be excited for Shake Shack but even Nats Park had that now.

Every mall in America will have Shake Shack by this time next year. Garden State Plaza already does.

Chicago too. Now that it's gone mainstream my inner hipster doesn't enjoy it as much anymore.

they tested out their new fried chicken sandwich in Brooklyn stores only last week. Doesn't get anymore hipster than that.

07-chickenshack.w529.h352.2x.jpg

2:56pm: Colorado may be more inclined to deal CarGo after the season, ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick reports (Twitter links). With his recent turnaround, the Rockies’ asking price will likely be too high for contenders to meet. The club could, then, hope that continued production and health will lead an interested trade partner to line up over the winter.

Injury prone, product of Coors. Career home/away splits;

HOME: .326 AVG .384 OBP .599 SLG .983 OPS

AWAY: .258 AVG .313 OBP .440 SLG .752 OPS

Do not want.

Hey by the way, the Royals gave up the #1 prospect left in their system for Zobrist. So yeah, so I'm pretty sure they were asking high of us. Nice call by our resident nutjob on that one.

Baseball America had their top 3 before season as: Raul Mondesi Jr, Brandon Finnegan (traded for Cueto) and Sean Manaea (traded for Zobrist)

I was just contributing to your post, my mentioning they also traded Finnegan, but to be fair, you would still be wrong since Mondesi is still their #1 prospect.

Who's the third best prospect in the Mets system? Nimmo?

Well are you counting Snydagaard, Matz, Plawlecki, Conforto?

It doesn't matter. The Mets would have had to beat out the Manaea/Brooks offer, which means Oakland probably stood firm on asking for Matz, which explains why the phone call they had right before the KC trade went down was short and sweet.

true, or Wheeler

How long was he back from the 1st ban? a week?

Sounds like Detroit is going to be buyers.

Dombrowski is in denial. Job in jeopardy possibly.

Wow that Duda HR was the longest in Citi history. Which is impressive considering the field but not considering the power hitters we've had since it opened.

Really? I saw it, didn't look like he squared it up perfectly too. Surprised it was longer than a few of  Mark Reynolds homers for the DBacks years back.

Starting to remember why I gave up following baseball in the first place.

Don't let him back on the train Mets fans!

Mets offense and bullpen (injury too of course) probably cost Johan Santana the Hall of Fame..

Edited by Tyler Durden

Harvey blows by the first three Yankee batters

In the bottom of the inning, leadoff double by Ruben followed by double by David for 1-0 lead after two batters against Sabathia

can you give us a synopsis of the rest of the game? I was out tonight.

Edited by Tyler Durden

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company