2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Willie sucked, he deserved to get fired when he did.

The demise of the franchise since has nothing at all to do with him, it's all about the criminal owners.

If Willie sucked your manager since them has been a God-awful mess. Blame Bernie Madoff all you want look at what Buck Showalter and Joe Maddon have done on shoestring budgets. It's amazing how this current regime has managed to be bullet and shrapnel proof for years because the Wilpons got conned by Madoff. This is the most well protected manager and GM in all of sports.

If Willie sucked your manager since them has been a God-awful mess. Blame Bernie Madoff all you want look at what Buck Showalter and Joe Maddon have done on shoestring budgets. It's amazing how this current regime has managed to be bullet and shrapnel proof for years because the Wilpons got conned by Madoff. This is the most well protected manager and GM in all of sports.

Orioles are not operating on a "shoestring" budget.

Willie had a talented roster that came up small in big spots.  The epic 2007 collapse under his watch ultimately sealed his fate. Nice guy who had to go.

Yet he was 100x more successful than Terry Collins who people still defend.

Find a time where I've defended Terry Collins, good luck with that.  If you want I can tell you my user name at metsrefugees.com and you can look there too.

That said, Willie's teams were 100x more talented than anything Terry Collins had to work with.

That does make sense.

Alderson admitted to it a week ago. I'm not sure why he did. They could have just said that they believed deGromm earned it and nobody would have cared. Now they come off being petty about something that is trivial to begin with. I mean honestly who gives a ****.

Does Harvey have a hair appointment tomorrow or will he pitch?

haha - the only reason they set up the rotation this way is to have Harvey pitching the second home game when ticket sales plummet.  The thought that Collins actually made this decision because of strategy is comical.  The guys' a moron.

Mejia is reminding me of Wheeler all over again, so I'm super stoked about his elbow soreness. 

haha - the only reason they set up the rotation this way is to have Harvey pitching the second home game when ticket sales plummet.  The thought that Collins actually made this decision because of strategy is comical.  The guys' a moron.

Mejia is reminding me of Wheeler all over again, so I'm super stoked about his elbow soreness. 

Quiet you.  I'm enjoying the Mets undefeatedness.

Colon will give you a chance to win in most of his games- thanks to bone head play by Desmond. Mets took advantage.

Timely hitting after a terrible play.  So glad we didnt give up that trade for Desmond.

If the Mets get timely hitting, they might be o.k. this year.  Might. 

Timely hitting after a terrible play.  So glad we didnt give up that trade for Desmond.

If the Mets get timely hitting, they might be o.k. this year.  Might. 

Cuddyer gives you more timely hitting already. The guy is a professional hitter.

What Met actually exceeded abilities last year in the hitting department? No one? 

Don't know where this team will finish, but it should be better than last year by dumb luck alone.

Cuddyer gives you more timely hitting already. The guy is a professional hitter.

What Met actually exceeded abilities last year in the hitting department? No one? 

Don't know where this team will finish, but it should be better than last year by dumb luck alone.

Agreed.  Lots of tough breaks last season and with the division being absolute sh*t, they might have a chance to make a run (if they can take care of the Nationals and not go 3-15 or whatever they were last year vs them).

Cuddyer, Duda - they should provide some timely hitting.  If David Wright could ever wake up and just be a base hit type batter, he might be worth a sh*t again.

It's time to trade Murphy.  He's garbage.  Package him a Gee and get another bat or something.  

Archived