2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The minute we trade Harvey for Todd f*cking Frazier because he's a Toms River kid is the minute he suddenly becomes a guy on the wrong side of his 30's who strikes out way too much and magically went from a 30 HR guy in the 4th-easiest park in the majors to hit HR's (Source: http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor) to an 18 HR guy.

This is Shane's plan.

I believe this to be a misrepresentation of my actual assertion

Niese for Baez- do you guys do a trade like that?

In a heartbeat.  Dude is hitting .314 at AAA right now, up from .260 his previous season at Iowa.  His BB:K ratio is alarmingly bad but if he can play any defense whatsoever it's a net positive. 

Doubt the Cubs make that deal, however, unless he's one of those high BABIP types the Cubs bank on.  They're far more likely to include a Baez type in a deal for Hamels.

Another 2 hits for Turner last night.

Why are you trolling here?

It is so simple to say, If only they kept (insert name) , after the fact.

Trust me, there were no Met fans that were outraged that Turner was let go. He has flourished to small degree, good for him.

The Mets gave him opportunity in full time roles a number of different times, and his "holes' in his game showed. He would have hot streaks, but over the long haul, he was not a full time player. 

I have serious doubts he is now. 

I think the answer is just to tell Harvey to imagine that the ground balls shooting through the middle of the infield are actually being picked by future players that aren't here yet.

"YESS MATT ZE BALLS VEEL SOON BE CAUGHT BY ZE PLAYERS VEE VEEL BE TRADING YOU FOR."

"I don't underst....wait what? And why are you speaking German?"

"SILENCE! JOSEPH GET STARTED ON ZE NEW FEELM!"

Why are you trolling here?

It is so simple to say, If only they kept (insert name) , after the fact.

Trust me, there were no Met fans that were outraged that Turner was let go. He has flourished to small degree, good for him.

The Mets gave him opportunity in full time roles a number of different times, and his "holes' in his game showed. He would have hot streaks, but over the long haul, he was not a full time player.

I have serious doubts he is now.

Sorry if I offended anyone didn't think it would be taken so seriously. Tom's response is more like what I expected. Justin Turner isn't the answer to anyone's questions. Just a light hearted jab.

What really sucks about Alderson is that he will not be forced into a deal if he feels he is not getting back proper return. It is a shame that he will not knee jerk and make a deal for the sake of making a deal.

The returns on his trades have been mostly positive:

Dickey for d'Arnaud and Syndergaard

Byrd for Black and Herrera

Beltran for Wheeler

Some trades that were not as positive:

Mchugh for Young Jr

Trading Pagan away

The positives certainly outflank the negative

He has molded a top 5 farm system with talent. Hitters (Conforto, Smith and ilk) are progressing.

You look at the guys they have brought up this year and the bench- makes me want to cry

My only thought is that having to option Herrera back down put them in check a little bit. Supposedly Reynolds is the more MLB ready of the two though, so who knows. Reynolds has been playing well but he's not a phenom or anything, so maybe they just want a little more experience under his belt before making that move. It's probably more productive for him to be playing every day in Vegas instead of every 3rd day in Flushing.

What really sucks about Alderson is that he will not be forced into a deal if he feels he is not getting back proper return. It is a shame that he will not knee jerk and make a deal for the sake of making a deal.

The returns on his trades have been mostly positive:

Dickey for d'Arnaud and Syndergaard

Byrd for Black and Herrera

Beltran for Wheeler

Some trades that were not as positive:

Mchugh for Young Jr

Trading Pagan away

The positives certainly outflank the negative

He has molded a top 5 farm system with talent. Hitters (Conforto, Smith and ilk) are progressing.

Can you expand on this "forced into a deal" business? And, yes, he does well when he's dumping salary for minor leaguers. Truly a gift.

Archived