2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

Your buttons get pushed so easily, these days.

OOOOh, Harvey is going to arbitration. So what? There is no place he can go till after 2018.

Degrom is locked until 2020, when he will be 32.

The Reds control Todd Frazier until he is 31 (through next year). I would not want to be the team that gives him a high deal as he turns 32. The days of rewarding players after 32 in mlb are going out the window.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your buttons get pushed so easily, these days.

OOOOh, Harvey is going to arbitration. So what? There is no place he can go till after 2018.

Degrom is locked until 2020, when he will be 32.

The Reds control Todd Frazier until he is 31 (through next year). I would not want to be the team that gives him a high deal as he turns 32. The days of rewarding players after 32 in mlb are going out the window.

My buttons are not pushed. I am comfortable with the knowledge of my correctness on this topic. Did you know that Steven Matz was also a Minaya draft pick?

My buttons are not pushed. I am comfortable with the knowledge of my correctness on this topic. Did you know that Steven Matz was also a Minaya draft pick?

Yes, yes I did. Your point?

And, if Minaya was still here, he would have traded him away for Aramis Ramirez by now. 

Your point?

Couple questions for Mets fans here:

- Will they trade Daniel Murphy? They should totally trade him to the Cubs this deadline.

- What's the sense among Mets fans on d'Arnaud? If Pawlecki has passed him, please feel free to trade him to the Cubs ASAP.

- Will they trade Daniel Murphy? They should totally trade him to the Cubs this deadline.

- What's the sense among Mets fans on d'Arnaud? If Pawlecki has passed him, please feel free to trade him to the Cubs ASAP.

I believe its in the MLB concussion prevention program that Daniel Murphy is not allowed to attempt to catch pop ups at Wrigley Field .

I believe its in the MLB concussion prevention program that Daniel Murphy is not allowed to attempt to catch pop ups at Wrigley Field .

Considering half the bathrooms weren't working in that sh*tpile of a stadium only a month ago, Wrigley is the last place a concussed dude needs to be.

Sorry, Gato. The clear majority of Mets fans are obsessed with value and we don't believe Theo can be trusted, so the clear majority of Mets fans are prepared to sit tight. Keep your silly shortstops.

This team is a ******* JOKE

HOT ROTTEN GARBAGE

NO HEART, NO BALLS, NO CHEMISTRY

THIS OFFENSE ******* SUCKS!!!! NOBODY CAN HIT THE GOD DAMNED ******* BALL!!!!!!

THEY STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY FREAKING STINK!!!!!!

FA20FF7A-1E4D-4EB2-A508-CADC846D16A7.png

Give me a break Shane, you're really blaming not spending the money for the Mets not doing anything? It's Sandy!!!! He refuses to do ANYTHING!!! He is responsible for this team being HOT, ROTTEN GARBAGE!!!! Fire him already! Fire Collins! CLEAN HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M TIRED OF THIS sh*t AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Gato. The clear majority of Mets fans are obsessed with value and we don't believe Theo can be trusted, so the clear majority of Mets fans are prepared to sit tight. Keep your silly shortstops.

Surely you jest, they couldn't pull one of the SSs for Murphy. MAYBE Alcantara

d'Arnaud is probably understandable for Baez or Castro, but I would imagine the Mets would want more for a cost controlled bat that can hit and field when healthy.

Neither of those trades makes any sense for the Cubs.

Neither of those trades makes any sense for the Cubs.

How so?

Murphy isn't quite Ben Zobrist, but his versatility and LH bat would be almost ideal for the Cubs barring a bigger trade for a bigger talent.

d'Arnaud is rough because he's probably not available for the kind of price that would make him a quality buy for the Cubs.

How so?

Murphy isn't quite Ben Zobrist, but his versatility and LH bat would be almost ideal for the Cubs barring a bigger trade for a bigger talent.

d'Arnaud is rough because he's probably not available for the kind of price that would make him a quality buy for the Cubs.

Murphy makes no sense because he's 30 and he'd be an $8mm bench guy. d'Arnaud makes no sense because the Cubs already have an All-Star-caliber catcher, plus an even better one in AAA. They also only recently solved their too-many-catchers problem, so I'm not sure why they'd re-create it.

Murphy makes no sense because he's 30 and he'd be an $8mm bench guy. d'Arnaud makes no sense because the Cubs already have an All-Star-caliber catcher, plus an even better one in AAA. They also only recently solved their too-many-catchers problem, so I'm not sure why they'd re-create it.

- Murphy would cost 4 million at the half season mark and is a rental so the age is a non-issue. The real issue is that the Mets can sell him as a starting 2B. While he has experience in the OF and would undoubtedly be an upgrade from Coghlan in LF all around, it just makes sense to sell him as a 2B. In that sense, a bad fit for the Cubs. The good thing there is that Murphy grades out as a bad defensive starting infielder except at 1B a while back. I consider him a sound rental option if the Cubs don't aim way higher (a starting CF or better glove version of Coghlan in LF) for bats at the deadline.

- Plenty of questions about Schwarber's defense at C and in general

- Montero is 34 next year and sits for at least 20% of starts.

- Ross at 2.5 million next year is barely more expensive a cut than Phil Coke's 2 million earlier this season

d'Arnaud does makes most sense during the offseason, if anything were to ever happen at all.

Archived