2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mets are going to have excess bullpen help also available. Mejia, Parnell, Black, etc.

It is a shame that Montero did not stay healthy, because he should be a nice chip also.

We just witnessed the Royals nearly win a title off the dominance of 3 relievers.  I'd be far more willing to move Niese than a reliever.  If it came to that, we better get some very good compensation.

It is like 1973 all over again (I know, you didn't live through that), but that is what this year is like.

This is what it's always like for streaky teams in New York. Start off hot, everyone loses their sh*t. Come back down to Earth, reason conquers for about a second. Have a losing streak, everyone panics like the bear scene in Semi-Pro. Yo-yo back and forth liks a perfectly normal baseball team does because the season is 162 games long and then Ira and Maury out in Queens start calling into WFAN every day, causing the feeble minded to jump on board and claim THE ENTIRE NEW YORK AREA IS FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING.

The only difference is that for baseball, this sh*t usually happens with the Yankees more than the Mets. And the problem this year is that enough time has passed since the Minaya era to allow for dissonance to take over.

This is what it's always like for streaky teams in New York. Start off hot, everyone loses their sh*t. Come back down to Earth, reason conquers for about a second. Have a losing streak, everyone panics like the bear scene in Semi-Pro. Yo-yo back and forth liks a perfectly normal baseball team does because the season is 162 games long and then Ira and Maury out in Queens start calling into WFAN every day, causing the feeble minded to jump on board and claim THE ENTIRE NEW YORK AREA IS FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING.

The only difference is that for baseball, this sh*t usually happens with the Yankees more than the Mets. And the problem this year is that enough time has passed since the Minaya era to allow for dissonance to take over.

A6107A55-64E3-4E1B-BD2E-730F1289E9B1.jpg

What's the most we can get for Niese? I'd be pleased with a middle infielder who can play some semblance of defense and returning to a 5-man rotation. Kill 2 birds kind of thing....

Jon Niese has posted stellar results of late, but Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that a run of six straight starts has done little to restore the trade value of the Mets lefty. “It changes nothing for me,” an NL exec told Martino. “Stuff has gotten lighter every year. The Mets are going to tell everyone it’s as good as ever to keep trade value high.”

Jon Niese has posted stellar results of late, but Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that a run of six straight starts has done little to restore the trade value of the Mets lefty. “It changes nothing for me,” an NL exec told Martino. “Stuff has gotten lighter every year. The Mets are going to tell everyone it’s as good as ever to keep trade value high.”

You could say that again

It is like 1973 all over again (I know, you didn't live through that), but that is what this year is like.

I remember 1973 very well. That was a very good team that had many guys out for significant time( Buddy, Grote, Rusty.)  In August, when they got healthy, they played really good ball.  The lineup of Garrett, Milan, Cleon, Rusty, Milner, Grote,Hahn and Buddy was solid. The rotation of Seaver, Koosman, Matlack and Stone was great. Tug was almost untouchable as a closer the last two months. Still can't believe we lost last two games to the A's. 

Should just sit and wait on these pitchers because they stay good forever

It was probably the 6 man rotation, and Harvey's dislike of it that hurt Matz. 

Hitters are always a clear value, and you always now what you are going to get. Plus, they never get hurt. 

C'mon Sandy, sell a dollar for a quarter already. The fanbase demands it.

It was probably the 6 man rotation, and Harvey's dislike of it that hurt Matz. 

Hitters are always a clear value, and you always now what you are going to get. Plus, they never get hurt. 

C'mon Sandy, sell a dollar for a quarter already. The fanbase demands it.

No, the six-man rotation, the Keystone Kops infield defense, the bottom-five OPS, the 96 year-old manager, the destitute, penny-pinching owner, the figurehead GM whose sole job it is to keep the organization out of bankruptcy, and the comically bad medical staff are all desirable ingredients for any young Boras client.

No, the six-man rotation, the Keystone Kops infield defense, the bottom-five OPS, the 96 year-old manager, the destitute, penny-pinching owner, the figurehead GM whose sole job it is to keep the organization out of bankruptcy, and the comically bad medical staff are all desirable ingredients for any young Boras client.

Yet, their win totals continue to increase in successive years and the farm system is fertile.

You may have had a point 3 years ago, Maybe.

I remember how they were abused too.

Why would one pitcher's arm, be like another?

What are you trying to say, that pitchers are evil and should all be traded?

No, I'm saying that sitting on your hands because you think the good pitching you have today will be good two years from now is silly.

No, I'm saying that sitting on your hands because you think the good pitching you have today will be good two years from now is silly.

Hmm, so among the group of Harvey, deGrom, Wheeler, Syndergaard and Matz....you think 1 ore more of them won't be anything special 2 years from now? 

I can understand trading them before they walk to the Yankees, but ASSUMING that the quality young pitching you have right now won't for the most part remain quality pitching 2 years from now seems silly. 

Yet, their win totals continue to increase in successive years and the farm system is fertile.

You may have had a point 3 years ago, Maybe.

The farm system has a lot of pitching in it. It's has two every day players that might contribute in 2016 at the earliest, and neither one of them are power hitters.

Archived