2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the **** are we not calling up Conforto? As if Mayberry is a better option? What a joke.

Look at the lineup posted for tonight- it will have to be Harvey hitting to get run support for himself

Yes. I know that waiting until something has happened until handing down normative judgements like a pessimistic jackass is frowned upon in your ilk, but it's a bad call.

You're mad bc my ilk is psychic and your ilk paid face to watch Murphy and Flores get your team bludgeoned.

I think my dad is turning into you. He texts me and says Matz might be done for the year, to which I respond: According to who? To which he says:

"Nick from Queens. He called in."

Nick from Babylon. He's an a$$hole Yankee fan. The tri-state is saturated right now in Wilpon slander. I can't even express to you how uptight the base is right now.

Criticizing Terry Collins for the bangup job he did tonight is fine. Yelling at us that Ira from Staten Island isn't satisfied with Alderson, however, is stupid.

I need not Ira to affirm my beliefs. I wield the power of all history.

Look at the lineup posted for tonight- it will have to be Harvey hitting to get run support for himself

LMAO

You called it. Well done.

Just shows how ******* EMBARASSING THIS ORGANIZATION IS. Two runs in a game, from the STARTING PITCHER! GARBAGE, ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!

SELL THE GODDAM TEAM WILPONS, SELL THE TEAM!!!!!

That lineup last night was a disgrace to the fans-4 hitters batting under 200 in starting lineup. Two runs in the first vs. Harvey and you knew it was a loss already

Yup.  This team falls behind early and it gets pretty ugly out there.  You feel like a 2-run deficit in the first is almost insurmountable.  And once it got to 5, it was over.  Typical Mets luck, we finally get a well hit ball to the alley by Campbell with runners in scoring position and Taylor makes the great running catch.  1-10 with RISP last night and the 1 hit is by Harvey.  1-25 the day before and 4-72 over the last 8 or 9.  4 for 72.  How does that happen.  If you just go up there, close your eyes and swing, you should be able to hit 4 for 72.

I am not a fan of Terry Collins, but what is he supposed to do with this team.  Duda is hitting about .150 since June 1.  Granderson was hot in June, but is hitting less than .200 in July.  Cuddyer is likely to wind up on the DL in another day or 2 and was not swinging a good bat anyway.  d'Arnaud and Wright are not coming back anytimne soon.  The only major league hitter in the lineup yesterday was Murphy -- I don't consider Grandy a major league caliber hitter against lefties.  We had a little tease while the HR bats woke up for the series against Arizona, but then the All Star Break comes and they cool off.

Yet, somehow, we still have a shot at the Division and/or wild card.  Counting on Thor for a big outing tonight.  End of rant.

Lets Go Mets!

That lineup last night was a disgrace to the fans-4 hitters batting under 200 in starting lineup. Two runs in the first vs. Harvey and you knew it was a loss already

All I can say is this: It has been absolutely hot as balls in DC. And reeeeeally ******* humid to boot. Just awful sh*t. Half the crowd had to take breaks last night and go into the air conditioned areas. And remember they played 18 innings the day before. I get trying to get these guys some rest, but not at that great of an expense. Not against the Nats of all teams. But if that's the case then why pull Harvey when he's cruising and still under 100 pitches? And if you are pulling him why not take advantage of it and double switch Duda in? So much last night that made no sense. Collins has been dreadful the past two games.

Yup.  This team falls behind early and it gets pretty ugly out there.  You feel like a 2-run deficit in the first is almost insurmountable.  And once it got to 5, it was over.  Typical Mets luck, we finally get a well hit ball to the alley by Campbell with runners in scoring position and Taylor makes the great running catch.  1-10 with RISP last night and the 1 hit is by Harvey.  1-25 the day before and 4-72 over the last 8 or 9.  4 for 72.  How does that happen.  If you just go up there, close your eyes and swing, you should be able to hit 4 for 72.

I am not a fan of Terry Collins, but what is he supposed to do with this team.  Duda is hitting about .150 since June 1.  Granderson was hot in June, but is hitting less than .200 in July.  Cuddyer is likely to wind up on the DL in another day or 2 and was not swinging a good bat anyway.  d'Arnaud and Wright are not coming back anytimne soon.  The only major league hitter in the lineup yesterday was Murphy -- I don't consider Grandy a major league caliber hitter against lefties.  We had a little tease while the HR bats woke up for the series against Arizona, but then the All Star Break comes and they cool off.

Yet, somehow, we still have a shot at the Division and/or wild card.  Counting on Thor for a big outing tonight.  End of rant.

Lets Go Mets!

To an extent, I agree.  What is Collins supposed to do...but the line-ups he puts together, his attempts at improving the infield, the lack of situational awareness on offense and defense, its ridiculous...he's literally clueless at times.  How many runners have they left stranded as of late?  He doesnt take chances, he doesnt try to advance runners.  He doesnt do the little things to manufacture runs...ie; not bunting the other night in extra innings.  

With the way this team plays and the way it's coached, they dont have an actual shot at anything...they do in theory but there will be no postseason for this team unless they **** jobu and the bats come alive.  

I did not imagine the hitting could be this bad- Cuddyer is so far another free agent bust- Duda has regressed to being a easy off speed out, Wright out all year, D'Arnound injury prone. And the bench is a disaster.

I think it's unfair to label d'Arnoud's missed time this year as him being injury prone. Two freak injuries happening close to each other does not a glass jaw make. And you can thank the Giants for the second injury, if they hadn't bitched about catchers blocking the plate he wouldn't have gotten hurt on that tag.

Soooooooo, Ed Coleman just said that the Mets won't trade for Zobrist because they "can't afford" to take on $3 mil in salary. Hoping he was making a joke there.

I thought I misheard him, that's truly sad if true. Mets need to do something they can be really dangerous come September and October with a decent offense. Just decent.

Lets Go Mets!

and a very good rant it was.

Archived