2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My GOD this is a painful team to watch. Heading to Flushing tomorrow with some buds, I'll have a full report on how much I regretted the purchase.

On the positive side, at least they will not be facing Greinke tomorrow, so maybe they can score a run or two.  And with a little luck, maybe they will bring up Conforto and you can see his debut.

If all else fails, I am sure you can enjoy a few of Citi Field's reasonably priced alcoholic beverages.

On the positive side, at least they will not be facing Greinke tomorrow, so maybe they can score a run or two. And with a little luck, maybe they will bring up Conforto and you can see his debut.

If all else fails, I am sure you can enjoy a few of Citi Field's reasonably priced alcoholic beverages.

I'd be excited for Shake Shack but even Nats Park had that now.

Tweet from Buster Olney:

ICYMI: Elias--The Mets became the 2nd team since 1920 to start No. 4 and No. 5 hitters with batting averages under .180 and at least 100 ABs

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha 

This ******* team.  

You'd like to feel bad for Alderson here. Dude graduated from Dartmouth and Harvard Law, was a Marine in Vietnam, but now has to end his career as the front man for a bozo father and son who hide in the shadows like cockroaches counting their remaining Ponzi scheme earnings. But then you remember that Alderson is the "baseball maverick" that "revived the Mets."

we set records that no one would ever want- hah

If this team was a league average hitting team...just middle of the pack, hell, maybe even slightly worse than middle of the pack...they'd be up 10 games on the Nats. 

Thank god.

Very subtle by the mets to say "he's not the savior," then post gifs of him arriving in the Navigator, walking into CitiField, shaking Terry Collins hand, then have a full-bore press conference for him like he just won the republican nomination.

Conforto starting in LF and batting 7th. 

Granderson - RF

Tejada - SS

Murphy - 3B

Flores - 2B

Duda - 1B

Lagares - CF

Conforto - LF

Plawecki - C

Niese - LH*

Going up against Ian Thomas coming out of the pen and up from AAA to make his first MLB start for the Dodgers tonight. We have to be able to get some runs tonight. Don't we??

6:08pm: The deal is done, per Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (via Twitter), with Gant and Whalen the two pieces heading to Atlanta.

5:43pm: The Mets appear to be closing in on a deal with the Braves for two utility pieces, according to a report from Jim Bowden of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Both Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson appear to be ticketed for Queens if the deal goes through.

Uribe, 36, has hit an excellent .285/.353/.464 since coming to Atlanta in a deal with the Dodgers earlier in the year. While his glove hasn’t rated out as highly as it used to, there’s little question that he represents a reliable option at the hot corner. Uribe is owed $6.5MM this season.

The Mets were pushing to deal for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra up until last night, Marc Carig of Newsday reports on Twitter, building upon a prior report from Andy Martino of the New York Daily News (via Twitter). When the deal could not be made, per the reports, the club instead went ahead and promoted Michael Conforto to take the roster spot of the DL’edMichael Cuddyer.

Jetlife you seem like a good respectful yankee fan and I know your a great Jet fan so no disrespect, but you need to understand that the mets aren't getting anyone, zero, nobody.its all a scam, they are taking on zero salary.

They made a move!!

Uribe, 36, has hit an excellent .285/.353/.464 since coming to Atlanta in a deal with the Dodgers earlier in the year. While his glove hasn’t rated out as highly as it used to, there’s little question that he represents a reliable option at the hot corner. Uribe is owed $6.5MM this season.

Love this so much

Archived