2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got nothin'. Fell asleep at tonight's game multiple times. This is the most boring team in the history of anything. Worse than watching a Rex Ryan offense. Though I was at Monday's game in DC and that was bad too.

Flores hitting cleanup again is just ******* bizarre. Collins has to be getting drunk before he does the cards. That's the only rational explanation for this sh*t.

I can tell Conforto is going to be a good hitter for us. His mechanics look great and his bat is fast. He's going to get thrown to a lot outside though so at some point he's gotta get closer to the plate. But purely from a mechanics POV he's really good.

usatsi_8104772.jpg?w=657Mets may be willing to deal Zack Wheeler July 25th, 2015 9:00 am

The Mets have discussed Zack Wheeler with teams in trade talks, multiple major league sources told Daily News reporters Kristie Ackert and Andy Martino (July 24, 8:40 pm).

Martino believes the Reds are one of the teams showing interest in Wheeler.

Wheeler underwent Tommy John surgery in March. He is expected to begin throwing soon, and likely to return sometime next season.

usatsi_8104772.jpg?w=657Mets may be willing to deal Zack Wheeler July 25th, 2015 9:00 am

The Mets have discussed Zack Wheeler with teams in trade talks, multiple major league sources told Daily News reporters Kristie Ackert and Andy Martino (July 24, 8:40 pm).

Martino believes the Reds are one of the teams showing interest in Wheeler.

Wheeler underwent Tommy John surgery in March. He is expected to begin throwing soon, and likely to return sometime next season.</p>

The Mets should move Wheeler if they have takers. 4 stud pitchers in the rotation is enough and Wheeler has by far the longest timetable of any of them. If the Reds are interested? I'm not gonna say what I'm hoping because I don't wanna jinx anything but please please pleeeeeeeease.

The Mets should move Wheeler if they have takers. 4 stud pitchers in the rotation is enough and Wheeler has by far the longest timetable of any of them. If the Reds are interested? I'm not gonna say what I'm hoping because I don't wanna jinx anything but please please pleeeeeeeease.

I seriously doubt the Red would trade Frazier- he is like  local hero to them now

Gammons has been talking about Wheeler as the chip for months now. I wonder if that's just Wheeler's agent trying to get him onto another roster where he can be the #2 or 3 guy as opposed to being the fifth starter or bullpen guy on the Mets next year.

The Mets have discussed injured starter Zack Wheeler in trade talks with more than one team, although it remains unlikely that they will actually deal him, Andy Martino and Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News report. One team with whom the Mets reportedly discussed Wheeler was the Reds, although there do not appear to be any active trade talks between the two clubs.

As Martino notes, even if a Wheeler trade is unlikely, the fact that the Mets are discussing him suggests the team could be hoping to land a top hitter at the trade deadline. In the past week, the Mets have been connected to hitters like Ben Zobrist and Josh Reddick, although it does not appear a trade for either one is imminent.

Didgers Zach Lee makes his MLB debut tonight vs the Mets.

Like the Johnson and Uribe trades because they're both useful professionals who represent an effort to keep the team in contention. A positive sign any way you look at it

agreed, I would've bet anything they would stand pat…glad to be wrong.

This will make getting shut out by Greinke tomorrow a little more tolerable.

Everyone gets shut out by Greinke.  At least we should have some confidence heading into tomorrow.  Great matchup  deGrom vs Greinke.

• The Mets were rumored to be in pursuit of Padres outfielder Justin Upton, but nothing is imminent, writes Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune. Upton is currently sidelined with a mild oblique strain. Lin lists Upton and Tigers outfielder Yoenis Cespedes as the top hitters on the market. The Mets have the worst offense of any contender, although tonight’s outburst should help the season numbers. They’re currently third to last in team wRC+. The Phillies and White Sox are the only teams trailing New York. The acquisition of Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe will help, but only so much.

Archived