adb280z

2015 Mets thread!

No structural damage for Mejia. Inflammation. Will need rest and probably a DL stint.

Personally, I am more comfortable with Familia in that spot.

Will be interested to see hat Parnell can add in a month's time.

Thank goodness! 

Equally as such, I don't get how the Yankees were so protective of Willy Randolph. He was a shrinking violet as a Met manager.

Backman was a fiery player, he is a protege of Davey Johnson, and has had success at the minor league levels he has coached. I would say that is the fascination.

I think most Yankee fans were protective of Willie because we liked the fact that he was coaching the Mets.  :)

Cuddyer gives you more timely hitting already. The guy is a professional hitter.

What Met actually exceeded abilities last year in the hitting department? No one? 

Don't know where this team will finish, but it should be better than last year by dumb luck alone.

I am a big believer in that, some years you just look back at and think everyone under performed. Line them all up again and the results will be better.

• Upvote 1

Harvey is the man- the right attitude wish all of them had

Now bullpen do not blow it- for him- especially walking batters

Perfect start to the season. Starting pitching did an unbelievable job. Kept the pitch counts to exactly what they needed to be too.

Also pitching aside d'Arnoud looks eons better as both a catcher and a hitter this year. Man, him being a consistent hitter would be huyooge.

Winning  2 out of 3 vs. Nats is great to start the season-especially after all the problems the last couple of years of us trying to beat them

Harvey looked majestic. Like a cross between Jesus and a unicorn.

Jenrry Mejia suspended 80 games for steroids. Tested positive for Stanozolol (same thing Ervin Santana got busted for) 

Jenrry Mejia suspended 80 games for steroids. Tested positive for Stanozolol (same thing Ervin Santana got busted for) 

85 consecutive Lupica columns that Jenry Mejia is the most evil man on earth in 3.....2......1....

85 consecutive Lupica columns that Jenry Mejia is the most evil man on earth in 3.....2......1....

Lmao, so true.

Home opener- interesting in seeing if new outfield dimensions will impact games

Mets history is to win with pitching- so far that is what is happening this year for their 4 wins.

I am legitimately in love with the tandem of deGromm and Harvey. And that's not a euphemism. I mean it in a totally gay way. Extra homo.

• Upvote 1

I am legitimately in love with the tandem of deGromm and Harvey. And that's not a euphemism. I mean it in a totally gay way. Extra homo.

Always thought Wheeler would be our Ace like #2 but deGrom is head and shoulders a better pitcher.

Always thought Wheeler would be our Ace like #2 but deGrom is head and shoulders a better pitcher.

Plus Harvey looking this good gives me hope for him.

Almost not even caring who wins this one. It's the 5th inning and this game has been awesome. Harvey staring down Utley was hilarious. Hard to remember the last time the Mets looked like a tough team. This is going to be a fun summer.

Plus Harvey looking this good gives me hope for him.

In a gay way, or euphemistically?

That was great, especially considering it was Utley. That was a beautiful thing.

It's about time somebody stood up like that, a long coming with Utley too.

Utley caused Mike Pelfry to have a meltdown, and there's no way Wheeler, or even DeGrom would've done that. Maybe Colon.

Cuddyer taking out that SS, in Atlanta[i think] was good too. I hope that rubs off on the whole team.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-15-at-11.02.55-AM.pn

That was great, especially considering it was Utley. That was a beautiful thing.

It's about time somebody stood up like that, a long coming with Utley too.

Utley caused Mike Pelfry to have a meltdown, and there's no way Wheeler, or even DeGrom would've done that. Maybe Colon.

Cuddyer taking out that SS, in Atlanta[i think] was good too. I hope that rubs off on the whole team.

Ditto. I think some of that is Collins. Wright certainly seemed to turn towards that mentality once he started playing under him. Would the Wright of 5 years ago have yelled at Thor during spring training? IMO probably not.

Let the Yanks get the headlines. This is who the Mets should be.

Have to love Daniel Murphy. Guy hits and believes in traditional marriage. Go Mets.

Colon wins. deGromm and the pen look to have this game in the bag and tomorrow is Harvey day.

This team even with some big injuries is starting to feel special.  Go get Tulowitski and who knows what this team can do.