2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see d'ARNAURD and Duda on the improve.

Lagares still finding his was at the plate tho, but his D is as good as it gets. Fine CF reminiscent of Rey Ordonez in his spectacular and classy glove work.

Best Defender since Ordonez? Off the top of my head...

So inevitable. Forever cursed.

We'll sees how it goes. 

I remember in '86 Gary Carter was hurt and had to miss a few weeks. Ed Hearn stepped in, did a decent job and the Met machine kept on rolling.

That winter Ed Hearn was traded for David Cone.

Losing Mejia, Wright, Blevins and D'arnaud is a tough quartet to lose. Campbell has steppid in well for Wright, and gives great at bats. But, it will be nice to have Wright again in a little bit. The biggest loss is Blevins.

We'll sees how it goes. 

I remember in '86 Gary Carter was hurt and had to miss a few weeks. Ed Hearn stepped in, did a decent job and the Met machine kept on rolling.

That winter Ed Hearn was traded for David Cone.

Losing Mejia, Wright, Blevins and D'arnaud is a tough quartet to lose. Campbell has steppid in well for Wright, and gives great at bats. But, it will be nice to have Wright again in a little bit. The biggest loss is Blevins.

d'Arnoud is tough. The starting rotation really had a groove going with him and he's been hitting well. Such a bummer, he put a lot of time in this past year and it looked like it was paying off big time.

D'arnoud is the toughest loss, imo.

Plawecki is an adequate replacement. While a slight downgrade in terms of a defensive catcher, many of the Mets young pitchers have pitched to him.

He hits line drives and makes contact. The Mets do not need him to carry an offense, just contribute. Get Wright back in a week and a few days, and the offense will be fine with Plawecki.

Conforto being legit would be so huge. A major bat added to this lineup next year would be such a piece to the puzzle.

Believe he is being groomed to replace Cudyer when his deal is done after next year. Here is the most recent write up on Conforto:

Mets OF prospect Michael Conforto was named his league’s Player of the Week on Monday, after the starting the year batting .366 with four HR and 13 RBI through 11 games.

According to beat reporter Adam Rubin, Mets officials discussed having Conforto open the season at Double-A Binghamton instead of Single-A St. Lucie, where he currently leads the Florida State League in home runs and total bases (April 20).

“Get him out of this league,” a scout watching Conforto recently told Rubin. “The kid has been incredible.”

Conforto, 22, was drafted with the team’s first-round pick (No. 10 overall) in 2014. He appeared in five Grapefruit League games before being demoted this spring, during which hit .364 he had four hits and three RBI in 11 at bats.

“I think I spy another hitter,” an excited Keith Hernandez said about Conforto on SNY after seeing him hit an RBI double in early March.

MLB.com recently ranked Conforto as the organization’s third-best position prospect, placing him behind only Brandon Nimmo and Kevin Plawecki (Jan., 2015). Baseball America ranked him fifth-best (Dec. 2014).

According to MLB.com’s prospect insider Jonathan Mayo, Conforto has the potential to regularly hit 25 home runs in the big leagues.

Harvey getting his foot examined. Apparently has been bothering him for months.

Still scheduled to make next start so hoping this is minor.

They're saying it's nothing. With how safe this franchise has been playing it with injuries this year, I'm not stressing this one. Sandy's been pretty anal about this stuff so if they aren't worried then cool.

Believe he is being groomed to replace Cudyer when his deal is done after next year. Here is the most recent write up on Conforto:

Mets OF prospect Michael Conforto was named his league’s Player of the Week on Monday, after the starting the year batting .366 with four HR and 13 RBI through 11 games.

According to beat reporter Adam Rubin, Mets officials discussed having Conforto open the season at Double-A Binghamton instead of Single-A St. Lucie, where he currently leads the Florida State League in home runs and total bases (April 20).

“Get him out of this league,” a scout watching Conforto recently told Rubin. “The kid has been incredible.”

Conforto, 22, was drafted with the team’s first-round pick (No. 10 overall) in 2014. He appeared in five Grapefruit League games before being demoted this spring, during which hit .364 he had four hits and three RBI in 11 at bats.

“I think I spy another hitter,” an excited Keith Hernandez said about Conforto on SNY after seeing him hit an RBI double in early March.

MLB.com recently ranked Conforto as the organization’s third-best position prospect, placing him behind only Brandon Nimmo and Kevin Plawecki (Jan., 2015). Baseball America ranked him fifth-best (Dec. 2014).

According to MLB.com’s prospect insider Jonathan Mayo, Conforto has the potential to regularly hit 25 home runs in the big leagues.

Nimmo's looking good too. The makings of a decent outfield, hopefully.

They're saying it's nothing. With how safe this franchise has been playing it with injuries this year, I'm not stressing this one. Sandy's been pretty anal about this stuff so if they aren't worried then cool.

Yeah it sounded that way during the game.

Always wonder though with a pitcher who drives off his legs like Harvey does.

Hoping to pull this game out.   2-2 Flores with a HR and an amazing catch. 

Archived