2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 terrible outings from DeGrom and Neise.  I dont see that happening too often in a series this year.  Especially DeGrom just not having his stuff.  Kid is consistent so I'm hoping this was just a one game thing.  Other than the first game, its crazy to say, but I dont think hitting is going to be massive issue this season.  Duda is the real deal and Cuddyer brings legitimacy to the heart of the line-up. 

Didnt take the series but I thought they fought hard despite two terrible outings.  Sweep the Marlins and get back on pace! 

2 terrible outings from DeGrom and Neise. I dont see that happening too often in a series this year. Especially DeGrom just not having his stuff. Kid is consistent so I'm hoping this was just a one game thing. Other than the first game, its crazy to say, but I dont think hitting is going to be massive issue this season. Duda is the real deal and Cuddyer brings legitimacy to the heart of the line-up.

Didnt take the series but I thought they fought hard despite two terrible outings. Sweep the Marlins and get back on pace!

It was a fun series, good for the city. Happy the Yanks won the series but the Mets are legit. Their pitching is real, bullpen seems more than fine and I think they can hit enough, not completely sold yet. What scares me the most coming from non-met fan is the defense up the middle. Flores and Murphy are not good defenders at short and second. What is your take on that situation?

Good,  doesn't need to be said, Harvey is a stud. Other than him, was impressed  with Lagares and Duda. Both look like real good players you can plug in everyday without thought.

Bad, while Murphy and Flores  both can hit, they may be the worst middle infield combo in baseball, neither guy can hack it at their position. Murphy is a good example as to why the Yankees shouldn't force feed Refsnyder on the big league club unless he improves his defense at 2B, and I'm not hopeful he ever will. 

It was a fun series, good for the city. Happy the Yanks won the series but the Mets are legit. Their pitching is real, bullpen seems more than fine and I think they can hit enough, not completely sold yet. What scares me the most coming from non-met fan is the defense up the middle. Flores and Murphy are not good defenders at short and second. What is your take on that situation?

Murphy is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.  Flores I dont really have any issues with and if he keeps up the pace he's on with his bat, I'll take a little less in the field for a bat at SS. Other than Jose Reyes, the Mets have never had a SS who can hit in my lifetime.

I was a little afraid going into this series that the Mets have been taking advantage of terrible teams, so losing to the Yankees was a little disheartening but I just dont see DeGrom having too many similar outings so I aint tripping yet.  Tons of Baseball left.  

This is crazy talk but if you look at who made the playoffs last year in the NL, the Mets can go .500 from here and be in. 

Murphy is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen. Flores I dont really have any issues with and if he keeps up the pace he's on with his bat, I'll take a little less in the field for a bat at SS. Other than Jose Reyes, the Mets have never had a SS who can hit in my lifetime.

I was a little afraid going into this series that the Mets have been taking advantage of terrible teams, so losing to the Yankees was a little disheartening but I just dont see DeGrom having too many similar outings so I aint tripping yet. Tons of Baseball left.

This is crazy talk but if you look at who made the playoffs last year in the NL, the Mets can go .500 from here and be in.

Mets pitching (assuming health) will continue to be the heart and soul of the team. Coming from an outsider I'm not 1 ounce concerned about deGrom. He's the real deal. Like I said before I'm not completely sold on the offense yet and up the middle defense scares me. This team is headed in the right direction. Best of luck.

Infield was always going to be in flux this year. Alderson doesn't care. The eye was always on next year and the years after. Herrera may still need some time but even if he doesn't it would be stupid to call him up before June because of the contracts. This is pretty much the way he's done business with prospects since he came in and it looks like it's going to pay off well.

Infield was always going to be in flux this year. Alderson doesn't care. The eye was always on next year and the years after. Herrera may still need some time but even if he doesn't it would be stupid to call him up before June because of the contracts. This is pretty much the way he's done business with prospects since he came in and it looks like it's going to pay off well.

At this point, I am not going to argue with Alderson's methods.

We all knew that the rebuild at the major league level was going to take time, and it has. He has been methodical in his approach, and h drives a hard bargain. He also has an idea how to build a team. The Mets have constructed a world class org with DePodesta and Ricciardi in tow. They seem to have an organizational philosophy.

One should not discount what Minaya left Alderson in the minos-the cupboard wan't as bare as some thought. While the org has been thought of as a pitchers treasure chest, the position players are not far behind.

At this point, I am not going to argue with Alderson's methods.

We all knew that the rebuild at the major league level was going to take time, and it has. He has been methodical in his approach, and h drives a hard bargain. He also has an idea how to build a team. The Mets have constructed a world class org with DePodesta and Ricciardi in tow. They seem to have an organizational philosophy.

One should not discount what Minaya left Alderson in the minos-the cupboard wan't as bare as some thought. While the org has been thought of as a pitchers treasure chest, the position players are not far behind.

I really never understood all the bitching for the first 3-4 years. As if rebuilding a baseball franchise is as simple as turning over a football roster. The guy had to completely rebuild the farm system. Did anyone legitimately ever believe that you see results from that starting point within a year or two?

Even before this season, he said we're still probably a year away from accomplishing something. But I think it's always been clear that he was only interested in building a franchise that could sustain long-term success based on home grown talent. That takes time. A long time.

Mets pitching (assuming health) will continue to be the heart and soul of the team. Coming from an outsider I'm not 1 ounce concerned about deGrom. He's the real deal. Like I said before I'm not completely sold on the offense yet and up the middle defense scares me. This team is headed in the right direction. Best of luck.

Mets pretty much went into the season eating the SS position. Flores is actually playing better than they thought he would. His stick at least is not bad.

Yanks are getting nothing out of their middle infield except for the occasional Drew home run. DD can't hit or field (makes some insane decisions) but I think a lot of that has to do with NY stage fright. Hopefully he overcomes that.

Mets SS-2B combo will not look this way in the upcoming seasons.

Mets pretty much went into the season eating the SS position. Flores is actually playing better than they thought he would. His stick at least is not bad.

Yanks are getting nothing out of their middle infield except for the occasional Drew home run. DD can't hit or field (makes some insane decisions) but I think a lot of that has to do with NY stage fright. Hopefully he overcomes that.

Mets SS-2B combo will not look this way in the upcoming seasons.

Two years from now hopefully we're looking at Herrera/Rosario.

Murph!  That was a bomb.

Hits a game-winning hr and makes a sparkling play in the field in the 9th. Some atonement there for his slow start.

You're welcome.  He's heard my criticism and is finally doing something about it.

Since others make dumb trade proposals that benefit their team, I will do the same:

Mets trade to Dodgers:

-Dillon Gee

-Wilmer Flores

-some other prospect

Mets receive

-SS prospect Corey Seager

Dodgers fill their need for an immediate starting pitcher. I believe that Kendrick has a one year deal at 2B, and Flores can be positioned there.

Since others make dumb trade proposals that benefit their team, I will do the same:

Mets trade to Dodgers:

-Dillon Gee

-Wilmer Flores

-some other prospect

Mets receive

-SS prospect Corey Seager

Dodgers fill their need for an immediate starting pitcher. I believe that Kendrick has a one year deal at 2B, and Flores can be positioned there.

Dodgers gave Cuban Hector Olivera $63 million to be their 2B next year. 

Okay, a two game sweep over the o's.

18-10.

It was nice to see deGrom bounce back.  He had himself in some trouble a couple of innings where I was thinking uh-oh, but he delivered.  The strike out of Davis with the bases loaded...I definitely gave a little fist pump! 

Can we trade Murphy when Wright gets back?  He's literally worthless.  Just keep Herrera at 2nd.  He's a better glove and right now, a better bat. 

Colon just became the first pitcher in at least 100 years to defeat the same opponent with seven different teams. That is insane when you think about it.

It's even more insane that people can actually keep track of all this stuff. 

It was nice to see deGrom bounce back.  He had himself in some trouble a couple of innings where I was thinking uh-oh, but he delivered.  The strike out of Davis with the bases loaded...I definitely gave a little fist pump! 

Can we trade Murphy when Wright gets back?  He's literally worthless.  Just keep Herrera at 2nd.  He's a better glove and right now, a better bat. 

Hey Jif do you know this kid? I'm impressed with him. I think Murphy is too much of a defensive reliability. Was he playing 2nd in the minors?

When wright gets back probably within a week. Herrera will most likely get sent down again. you do not want 20 year old guy on the bench. only a matter of time though

Archived