2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19-11 and 1st place in the NL East ain't doin it for ya?

Grit is fun, but unsustainable. We see it every year: early season success followed by a burned out bullpen no longer keeping the team in their nightly 3-2, 1-0 ballgames. Usually turns to sh*t right around the trading deadline when the Wilpons crawl into their bunker and hide out for three months.

Grit is fun, but unsustainable. We see it every year: early season success followed by a burned out bullpen no longer keeping the team in their nightly 3-2, 1-0 ballgames. Usually turns to sh*t right around the trading deadline when the Wilpons crawl into their bunker and hide out for three months.

It's different this year.  Mets have way too much good starting pitching to not at least be in the wildcard hunt in the NL.

Showcasing Syndegaard for trade, I hope. So many easy outs in the lineup. Getting another bat or two, along with dumping Gaybash Murphy, will get my attention.

Yeah, but dont package this kid, not yet at least.  Cant wait to see what he's got. He's been lighting Vegas up!

Package Gee and Murphy, like I've been saying for months.  He's good enough and people actually think Murphy is good at Baseball, so they should be able to get a bat. 

Syndegaard looked nasty at times, but Murphy ****ed him, the bats were non-existent, and the bullpen sucked. Welcome to NY, Noah.

Murphy is the ******* worst thing ever.  I'm so sick of seeing that worthless piece of sh*t on the field.

I think a big momentum swing though was when Granderson for some stupid reason tried to take 3rd on that hit Murphy hit.  No clue what he was thinking.  Could have easily got some runs with runners at the corners and 1 out.

Syndergaard started losing some control toward the middle of the 5th.  He's a little wild.  He had a sh*t ton of one hoppers.  Keeping Plawecki on this toes.  He doesnt seem to have the nasty finisher.  But wow, can he throw some gas.

But yeah, welcome to NY, enjoy that run support and outstanding fielding. 

Yeah the hitting and defense not supporting the pitching-a common theme but still 7 games over 500

Which is nice.  I didnt expect to compete this year...but they're only 2.5 games up on the Nats and this team is stale as can be.  Pitching can only take you so far.  You need Bats to get momentum and string a couple of wins together.  Winning 2-1 ball games all year long is damn near impossible.

I'm afraid we're watching the real Mets right now and we were all fooled by that huge win streak.  I see this team quickly falling out of playoff contention without some serious changes at the plate.

And that line up last night that Collins rolled out was a ******* joke. 

Which is nice.  I didnt expect to compete this year...but they're only 2.5 games up on the Nats and this team is stale as can be.  Pitching can only take you so far.  You need Bats to get momentum and string a couple of wins together.  Winning 2-1 ball games all year long is damn near impossible.

I'm afraid we're watching the real Mets right now and we were all fooled by that huge win streak.  I see this team quickly falling out of playoff contention without some serious changes at the plate.

They have to make a trade for some hitting - they can put the starters and bullpen out there every night with limited support

No idea why Tejada had to play last night.  He's useless.

I know Collins has been catching some heat for not letting Harvey go one more, but all I can say is that I was about 20 rows back last night and it was really, really cold. Not good pitcher's weather at all. I get it.

Mets offense has been absolute dogsh*t. We need Wright back so, so badly. You can see it with all the little things, there's just no leadership.

It was pretty awesome watching him K Bryant in the first though. Harvey's demeanor changed when he came up to the plate. Such a gem he pitched last night. **** man.

Lastly **** that stupid Go Cubs Go song. I always hate that song but this week in particular has been particularly bad. 3 nights in a row I've had to hear fat jagaloons sing that as they try to high five me because they're too drenched in Old Style and helmet nacho cheese to tell the difference between a Mets jersey and a Cubs jersey.

Lastly **** that stupid Go Cubs Go song. I always hate that song but this week in particular has been particularly bad. 3 nights in a row I've had to hear fat jagaloons sing that as they try to high five me because they're too drenched in Old Style and helmet nacho cheese to tell the difference between a Mets jersey and a Cubs jersey.

I went to a Mets series in Chicago several years back, saw Glavine's 300th win.  Luckily the Mets took 2/3 so I only had to hear that stupid song once.  I'd say we annoyed the sh*t out of them with "Jose, Jose Jose Jose" chants all weekend, so we were kind of even I guess.

Wasted another good pitching performance with no hitting. Harvey turns it up when he needs to - the mark of a great pitcher

I dont even think he's got his best stuff yet.  Which is just insane. 

Its just frustrating.  He puts the team on his back and they cant pull off what should have been an easy win.  Bases loaded, 1 out...cant push one through.  Just endless lost opportunities missed and the guy still keeps them in the lead.  Then that dipsh*t Collins yanks him at 100 pitches and it all goes to hell.  He's going to leave, go cross town, win multiple CY Youngs, a couple of World Series and retire/enter the HOF as a Yankee.

I went to a Mets series in Chicago several years back, saw Glavine's 300th win.  Luckily the Mets took 2/3 so I only had to hear that stupid song once.  I'd say we annoyed the sh*t out of them with "Jose, Jose Jose Jose" chants all weekend, so we were kind of even I guess.

There was some chick in the bleachers at Monday night's game who kept throwing a Sox hat onto the outfield. They had to delay the game 3 times so Fowler or Lagares could go get it and throw it back up. Then she'd throw it back down. Forget getting asked to leave. Not one person so much as booed her. Not one!

I know people like to give the Worst Fans Ever aware to Sox fans by default, and that may very well be earned, but I've been to Wrigley a ton over the last half decade and Cubs fans are at the very least a really close second. And what makes it worse is that it's not so well known outside the Chicago area, so everyone thinks they're these cute loveable losers. They're not. The one thing they have going for them is that they don't give opposing fans a hard time (never been heckled at any Mets game), but it all gets offset by the fact that they're just gross.

I know Collins has been catching some heat for not letting Harvey go one more, but all I can say is that I was about 20 rows back last night and it was really, really cold. Not good pitcher's weather at all. I get it.

Mets offense has been absolute dogsh*t. We need Wright back so, so badly. You can see it with all the little things, there's just no leadership.

It was pretty awesome watching him K Bryant in the first though. Harvey's demeanor changed when he came up to the plate. Such a gem he pitched last night. **** man.

Great game to be at but took me 6 innings to get used to the cold. Stayed off the beer however. Harvey was all that is advertised but damn 2 runs in 2 games. One on a sac fly and the other on a groundout. Offense gives nothing to root. That last pitch of the game was brutal just turned and walked out was not about to watch the cubbies celebrate. Great time but disappointing end. I do like the new video screens though.

Great game to be at but took me 6 innings to get used to the cold. Stayed off the beer however. Harvey was all that is advertised but damn 2 runs in 2 games. One on a sac fly and the other on a groundout. Offense gives nothing to root. That last pitch of the game was brutal just turned and walked out was not about to watch the cubbies celebrate. Great time but disappointing end. I do like the new video screens though.

Definitely one of the coldest games I've ever been to. Once the sun started setting we all looked at each other and said there's no way Harvey's going more than 7. Had to be high 30s on the field last night. No chance Collins was going to take that risk with a game in May.

Was Familia warm before the intentional walk? I wasn't even paying attention to the BP at that point because I was just so pissed about Torres blowing the game.

At least the natives are being friendly to you.

Definitely one of the coldest games I've ever been to. Once the sun started setting we all looked at each other and said there's no way Harvey's going more than 7. Had to be high 30s on the field last night. No chance Collins was going to take that risk with a game in May.

Was Familia warm before the intentional walk? I wasn't even paying attention to the BP at that point because I was just so pissed about Torres blowing the game.

To be honest I don't think he was. Looked over earlier and saw no one warming up.

To be honest I don't think he was. Looked over earlier and saw no one warming up.

Yeah. I think that's where Collins bombed. With the weather last night he should have had guys warming up from the 7th on just in case. In hindsight that IW gave them no leeway.

End of the day, we can critique the pitching sh*t all we want but we should have been able to put up more than a run with the game Harvey gave them.

Archived