2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only put up more than 3 runs twice over their past 7.  If we're going to slump a little and work through some things offensively, now is certainly the time to do it.

I think that should be Verrett's last start. He's performed admirably given the circumstances but I think he's meant for long relief and that's it. No more spot-starts, and Collins should use him for Harvey's next start if Harvey is only going 5 (obligatory what a douchebag comment).

Also I like the fact that Collins been getting Gilmartin more work this month. He's an athletic dude and that change-up he throws is straight butter.

NEW YORK -- New York Mets manager Terry Collins confirmed the team's rotation for the final road trip of the season. After Bartolo Colon pitches Wednesday's homestand finale against the Atlanta Braves, here is how things line up:

At Cincinnati

Thursday: Steven Matz

Friday: Noah Syndergaard

Saturday: Matt Harvey

Sunday: Jacob deGrom

At Philadelphia

Tuesday: Jonathon Niese

Wednesday: Colon

Thursday: Matz

That, of course, lines up Syndergaard, Harvey and deGrom to face the Washington Nationals during the final series of the season if those games are meaningful.

Harvey's outing in Cincinnati is expected to be abbreviated -- perhaps even shorter than the five innings he went in his Sunday start against the New York Yankees. DeGrom, who was skipped on Tuesday night, will be pitching for the first time since Sept. 15 when he takes the mound in Cincinnati.

NEW YORK -- New York Mets manager Terry Collins confirmed the team's rotation for the final road trip of the season. After Bartolo Colon pitches Wednesday's homestand finale against the Atlanta Braves, here is how things line up:

At Cincinnati

Thursday: Steven Matz

Friday: Noah Syndergaard

Saturday: Matt Harvey

Sunday: Jacob deGrom

At Philadelphia

Tuesday: Jonathon Niese

Wednesday: Colon

Thursday: Matz

That, of course, lines up Syndergaard, Harvey and deGrom to face the Washington Nationals during the final series of the season if those games are meaningful.

Harvey's outing in Cincinnati is expected to be abbreviated -- perhaps even shorter than the five innings he went in his Sunday start against the New York Yankees. DeGrom, who was skipped on Tuesday night, will be pitching for the first time since Sept. 15 when he takes the mound in Cincinnati.

Good move putting Harvey in between Thor and deGrom. Hopefully it gets the bullpen some rest. Mets are in need of some consistent starts of 7-8 innings.

There is NEVER a good time for a slump !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every team slumps. It's baseball. It happens. The season is too long for it not to happen. If a team is going to be in a position to work some sh*t out, the 3rd to last road trip before the playoffs is a good time to do it. If they're playing like this against Philly, then it's a time to be concerned. But Mets fans forget because it's been so long since we've been relevant; baseball seasons ebb and flow. Every team that stands a chance, they all do. The Nats lost again, we are up 6 games in the loss column with 10 games to go. The season is over. None of this matters except in the context of carrying momentum into LA.

They could have had a couple of game lead on the Dodgers for home field.  Happy with the season and the unexpected success of it BUT this current slide certainly does matter.

This "slide" means nothing

The best baseball teams of all time lose 50 or more times per regular season.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

They could have had a couple of game lead on the Dodgers for home field.  Happy with the season and the unexpected success of it BUT this current slide certainly does matter.

I look at it this way: I would love to have to face Kershaw and Greinke at Citi as much as anyone else, but this has been such a streaky team all year. Way back to the very beginning of the season. They are 2-6 in their last 8, and that's a problem, absolutely. But think about it this way, they were 19-5 in the 24 games leading up to that. You have to cool down from a run like that in baseball eventually, you just have to. That is too ridiculous of a win differential to be on to not come back to Earth. So I'm willing to trade home field for cooling off far enough out of the beginning of the postseason if it increases the odds of the team bouncing back on the upswing by game 1.

It's also worth noting that the Mets have been one of the best road teams in baseball since the Cespedes trade.

See? Bats are coming along, Cespedes and Duda finding their swings again, pitching looked good again. Slumps can be good things if they happen at the right time.

Season is dunzo. Last 9 games should be dedicated to getting every as many ABs as possible. Give Plawecki, Lagares, and Cuddyer some starts along the way. Even Kirk and Johnson. Let Uribe get healthy and give Wright and Duda's backs a few days rest to be preemptive. And definitely limit Thor and deGrom in their last two starts.

My two postseason strips will arriving Monday.

Pretty nice. Bought 10 game mini in Promenade Gold for 480.

Stubhubbed the Yankee game for 288 net.

And landed two tix to every postseason game

Not only that, the refund on the play in game and the wildcard game ( no longer needed) will already go a long way towards paying for my 2016 10 game mini plan renewals

My two postseason strips will arriving Monday.

Pretty nice. Bought 10 game mini in Promenade Gold for 480.

Stubhubbed the Yankee game for 288 net.

And landed two tix to every postseason game

Not only that, the refund on the play in game and the wildcard game ( no longer needed) will already go a long way towards paying for my 2016 10 game mini plan renewals

What are the prices for the playoff tickets ?

Archived