2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

Really 1.5 games since the 2015 N.L East Champion Mets own the tie-breaker

Hollyweird got clobbered 12-5 by the Rockies today increasing the Mets lead in the NLDS home field advantage race to 1 1/2 games and more if your info about the tiebreaker is correct

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sums up their entire season.  Funny how people want to give Harper the MVP award over professionals like McCutchen or Rizzo.

On that we disagree. Harper is having the best season for a 22-year-old since Ted Williams. I'm normally of the opinion that an MVP should have to be on a playoff team, and Harper is also an insufferable jackbag, but his season has been so absurd you have to concede it.

On that we disagree. Harper is having the best season for a 22-year-old since Ted Williams. I'm normally of the opinion that an MVP should have to be on a playoff team, and Harper is also an insufferable jackbag, but his season has been so absurd you have to concede it.

I guess.  Voters definitely factor in personality when they hand out the award so if Harper loses it, that'll be the top reason, even above the Nats' record.

I would just like to post in here for some joy because the Jets suck!

Go Mets!!!!  Playoffs baby!!!

We clinched like moments before that insane Gators comeback too.  Saturday was cool.  Sunday sucked. 

Couldn't believe you guys pulled that off.  I flipped away to watch the TCU-Texas Tech game.

Couldn't believe you guys pulled that off.  I flipped away to watch the TCU-Texas Tech game.

Let me tell you...the eruption in the Swamp after that score was all-time.  I've been there for a quite a few big plays, where it felt like the place was going to collapse...that might have been the biggest celebration I can ever remember.  Unreal.  And Tenn. controlled so much of that game that the place was relatively quiet.  

Got sick tickets for the next week vs. Ole Miss.  Not expecting the same fortune.  lol

I guess.  Voters definitely factor in personality when they hand out the award so if Harper loses it, that'll be the top reason, even above the Nats' record.

Not to huge degrees, and certainly not when a guy's numbers are this good. Bonds was the douchiest douche of them all and the media hated him, but sometimes a guy is so far and above the rest of the field you can't really ignore it. And the fact that I'm sitting here typing that says enough, there isn't a player in baseball that I dislike more. Maybe ARod, but that has more to do with Yankee fans than him.

Florida 11 wins in a row in that series- wow Tenn fans and boosters must be in agony

Palpabon and Harper getting after one another - how is that not a surprise. Matt Williams worst coaching jobs of the year aawrd.

20 feet away. He was 20 feet away! How do you not see that happen? Papelbon was yelling at him from his walk from the batter's box to the dugout, what the hell were you looking at otherwise?

Not to huge degrees, and certainly not when a guy's numbers are this good. Bonds was the douchiest douche of them all and the media hated him, but sometimes a guy is so far and above the rest of the field you can't really ignore it. And the fact that I'm sitting here typing that says enough, there isn't a player in baseball that I dislike more. Maybe ARod, but that has more to do with Yankee fans than him.

Albert Belle missed out on a couple.  He had a 50 double 50 HR year and didn't win.

Albert Belle missed out on a couple.  He had a 50 double 50 HR year and didn't win.

Bit of a difference between guys who are just jerks and Albert Belle, wouldn't you say? The year that Belle lost to Vaughn, (who carried the Sox that year to his credit), Belle threw a ball at a fan in the stands, cursed out reporters on live TV, and ran over a bunch of kids on Halloween with his car because they egged his house. He also got busted corking his bat the year before.

Bit of a difference between guys who are just jerks and Albert Belle, wouldn't you say? The year that Belle lost to Vaughn, (who carried the Sox that year to his credit), Belle threw a ball at a fan in the stands, cursed out reporters on live TV, and ran over a bunch of kids on Halloween with his car because they egged his house. He also got busted corking his bat the year before.

What a swell guy.

Florida 11 wins in a row in that series- wow Tenn fans and boosters must be in agony

Palpabon and Harper getting after one another - how is that not a surprise. Matt Williams worst coaching jobs of the year aawrd.

I cant imagine the feeling they had when we scored on 4th and long.  haha.  My buddy who I worked, a Tenn. alum.  He was hilarious this morning.  Dude is never a loss for words and just stared at me like...really?  haha

So, if Williams job was in jeopardy before...what is it now?  

I cant imagine the feeling they had when we scored on 4th and long.  haha.  My buddy who I worked, a Tenn. alum.  He was hilarious this morning.  Dude is never a loss for words and just stared at me like...really?  haha

So, if Williams job was in jeopardy before...what is it now?  

Anyone that thinks Williams has a job after next Sunday is delusional

Did he do all that in one year?  That is productive.

How about Straw losing to Gibson?  Or Bonds losing to Pendleton?

Did he do all that in one year?  That is productive.

How about Straw losing to Gibson?  Or Bonds losing to Pendleton?

Again, I am not saying that how the player represents a game is not or has never been a factor. I did not say that guys haven't been unfairly awarded in the past. I'm saying that when a guy's numbers are so far and beyond everyone else, simply being a jerk in the clubhouse isn't usually enough. Harper's had one of those years.

Again, I am not saying that how the player represents a game is not or has never been a factor. I did not say that guys haven't been unfairly awarded in the past. I'm saying that when a guy's numbers are so far and beyond everyone else, simply being a jerk in the clubhouse isn't usually enough. Harper's had one of those years.

I think he should win.  I just think he may not, or the fact his team fell apart may not help him either.

Mets magic # for NLDS homefield is 5, with 6 to play.  I know homefield isn't that big of a deal, but c'mon, Game 1 at Citi Field would be awesome.

With the way the Dodgers have been playing, I'm wondering if it's better that they get home field. Split there and then bring it back to Citi to close out. I think we're winning this series in 4 no matter what, tbh. Been watching them quite a bit the past few weeks and they're soft.

With the way the Dodgers have been playing, I'm wondering if it's better that they get home field. Split there and then bring it back to Citi to close out. I think we're winning this series in 4 no matter what, tbh. Been watching them quite a bit the past few weeks and they're soft.

Being a lifelong Mets and Jets fan the last thing I get is confident of winning- hah

Being a lifelong Mets and Jets fan the last thing I get is confident of winning- hah

Lol for sure. But they're 6-11 since that hot start in September, and Kershaw does not have a good track record in the playoffs at all. Greinke's also looked slightly human this month too. And aside from those two guys they are not a team that has been playing good baseball at all down the stretch. The fact that they got swept by the Rockies, who had not swept anyone since early July, says enough.

Lol for sure. But they're 6-11 since that hot start in September, and Kershaw does not have a good track record in the playoffs at all. Greinke's also looked slightly human this month too. And aside from those two guys they are not a team that has been playing good baseball at all down the stretch. The fact that they got swept by the Rockies, who had not swept anyone since early July, says enough.

Yes for sure the Dodgers look ripe to be taken down.

Yes for sure the Dodgers look ripe to be taken down.

Not sure how much stock to put in all that.  Haven't plenty of teams stumbled down the stretch then flipped the switch in October?  I get that they don't seem to be a mentally tough team and their offense isn't particularly that scary, but this is the playoffs.  There are no easy matchups.

Not sure how much stock to put in all that.  Haven't plenty of teams stumbled down the stretch then flipped the switch in October?  I get that they don't seem to be a mentally tough team and their offense isn't particularly that scary, but this is the playoffs.  There are no easy matchups.

God is on our side.

Archived