2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how much stock to put in all that.  Haven't plenty of teams stumbled down the stretch then flipped the switch in October?  I get that they don't seem to be a mentally tough team and their offense isn't particularly that scary, but this is the playoffs.  There are no easy matchups.

Agree.  Add in the fact that Kershaw could shut them down twice in a short series (never mind Greinke).'

I love our SP's in most match-ups but want home field for this particular series.

A double header might not be so good for us. I'm sure Collins was hoping to limit both Thor and Harvey, which means he'll have to go deep into the bullpen back to back. Gio and Scherzer in a row too. Oy.

Kinda makes you think those Braves and Phils games were important huh.  Team is playing like they did in April/May.

Well, we didn't get HFA against LA, but, we did win 90 games like Sandy predicted.

Glad we didn't get swept by Nats in a meaningless series.

To be honest, we play better away from Citi... less pressure on the young guys.

They've been the best road team in baseball since the Cespedes trade. Been saying it since last week, after watching this team in September I changed my mind and think this is a good thing. If we can split in LA, that brings us back to NY with Harvey on the mound against Brett Anderson in game 3, then either Matz or Colon vs Kershaw or Greinke on 4 days rest at Citi. I like the looks of that a lot.

If we split in LA we're winning this in 4. Bet.

Game 1 will be 9:45 pm ET, Game 2 will be 9:07 pm ET

SNY will have full PRE and POST game coverage before and after EVERY GAME

I'm psyched. We're headed out to LA for the weekend for the games and because they have to get the east coast crowd, the Friday game is early enough to beat LA rush hour which is just hell on earth.

Shaking my head at how anyone feels that not having home field is a good thing. Mets blew a lay-up the last two weeks.

Hopefully they can flip the switch back on. 

In a 5 game series, the team with HFA has a lot of pressure to win the first 2 games. If the road team can split, then the HFA advantage is washed away. All depends how you look at it.

I know some managers, in a 5 game series did not like HFA

Steve Gelbs

Sandy Alderson says that Matt Harvey was not present for today's mandatory workout. He's unsure of why. Won't comment further until he has more information.

Harvet was caught in traffic, called Collins to tell him he would be late, and Collins told him to turn around and go hame.

I love it. Hope it gives the entire team a chance to snap to.

Keep wishing and maybe it will be so.

Remember when you said Pineda was as good as Harvey, at this stage? Good times.

Keep wishing and maybe it will be so.

Remember when you said Pineda was as good as Harvey, at this stage? Good times.

Why are you so sensitive? and yes Pineda's inconsistency was been troubling. Though he handled the Mets pretty easily (2-0, 0.69 ERA)

but you aren't at all concerned about Harvey and the Mets long term relationship? Seems like both sides are sick of each other, at some point a break up could be foreseen. Especially if the other pitchers prove to be as good or nearly as good as Harvey.

Why are you so God damn sensitive? and yes Pineda's inconsistency was been troubling. Though he handled the Mets pretty easily (2-0, 0.69 ERA)

but you aren't at all concerned about Harvey and the Mets long term relationship? Seems like both sides are sick of each other, at some point a break up could be foreseen. Especially if the other pitchers prove to be as good or nearly as good as Harvey.

The relationship is what it is. I have no control over that and it will turn out the way it turns out. Why wring my hands over it.

The fact is, the Mets have him under control for 3 more years. What happens after that, happens.

I would take him over Pineda for the next 3 years

The relationship is what it is. I have no control over that and it will turn out the way it turns out. Why wring my hands over it.

The fact is, the Mets have him under control for 3 more years. What happens after that, happens.

I would take him over Pineda for the next 3 years

A conversation for another day and a lot can change from now to then (like I dunno a World Serties title or two?) but the closer he gets to free agency the more likely the Mets shop him. I can't imagine what the Mets could get for him, based on this seasons asking price, a f--k ton.

A conversation for another day and a lot can change from now to then (like I dunno a World Serties title or two?) but the closer he gets to free agency the more likely the Mets shop him. I can't imagine what the Mets could get for him, based on this seasons asking price, a f--k ton.

If Harvey were to give the Mets just one WS title during these next 3 years, I would be grateful.

See how spoiled you Yank fans are ;)

Archived