2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

good points above and I am fine with Harvey third to be honest. I think it's where he belongs

It's the principle of things. He's an ace. He should be good for two games if we needed him to be but he can't be. He should be going out there for another pitcher's duel for the second night in a row but he can't. It is what it is, but from a baseball fan's standpoint it is incredibly lame. The fans should be getting Harvey vs Greinke tonight, that's how baseball is supposed to work. But we can't because her highness says no. Bleh.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They certainly will be in a deep hole if they lose 2night. Hopefully the Dodgers press and the Met hitters are

Loosy-goosy. Would really like to see Cespedes stops swinging for the fences every AB. Level out the swing and drive the ball.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That is why you love  Murphy= the guy can flat hit against both lefties and righties. Wright getting a big clutch hit no one deserves it more

It was pretty hilarious actually, there were a ton of Mets fans where I was sitting and everyone was cursing Collins for batting him 4th even before the game started. Then he goes yard his 2nd AB and about 15 random strangers look at each other and start screaming WE LOVED THAT MOVE THE ENTIRE TIME TERRY, HAD YOUR BACK ALL THE WAY.

It's the principle of things. He's an ace. He should be good for two games if we needed him to be but he can't be. He should be going out there for another pitcher's duel for the second night in a row but he can't. It is what it is, but from a baseball fan's standpoint it is incredibly lame. The fans should be getting Harvey vs Greinke tonight, that's how baseball is supposed to work. But we can't because her highness says no. Bleh.

To be honest... Thors best is better than Harvey's best. Just a question of how Thor pitches as a rookie in a pressure packed game. If he's on, he's as tough as Degrom.

I just think his performance this year deserves a 3 spot 

Man I know it sucks for you guys but they had to put the games this late. It's ******* brutal here this week. They'd have fans passing out from heat exhaustion in the stands if they had these games any earlier. 

The start times are perfect. It's Friday and Saturday night.... even in NY.

Have you ever seen a player start his slide after the passing the base?

Yes and they are called OUT as well as the hitter - its an AOUTOMATIC DP - ****in nonsense MLB - they are making this game a joke - Duda's 3-2 pitch was nowhere near a srike and blew the potential rally.

Clean play - a$$hole announcer - he wasn't close to touching the base - in fact he didn't touch the base -  and the slide was LATE - that's a judgement call that should go in favor or the fielder since he's totally vulnerable.   

Clean play - a$$hole announcer - he wasn't close to touching the base - in fact he didn't touch the base -  and the slide was LATE - that's a judgement call that should go in favor or the fielder since he's totally vulnerable.   

Cal Ripken. Darling thinks it was dirty.

Utley clearly aimed for Tejada not the bag.

Exactly. He should have been called out and it should have been a DP. The announcers didn't even bring that up. I've been watching BB for 55 years and I guarantee you I've seen that same play called a DP because the runner never even had the mindset to trying to touch the base.  UNBELIEVEABLE.  Its a fix - 5 game series its what they want.   

I can't defend Collins anymore. This team wasn't even supposed to be a wild card berth you are in the NLDS and literally the only person watching the game who didn't know to appeal. Honestly the worst piece of managing I have ever seen tee ball to pro. He should be fired tonight 

I can't defend Collins anymore. This team wasn't even supposed to be a wild card berth you are in the NLDS and literally the only person watching the game who didn't know to appeal. Honestly the worst piece of managing I have ever seen tee ball to pro. He should be fired tonight 

I think they didn't give him the option to challenge it.  Since the ump 'blew' the call, he was awarded 2nd base based on the ump screwing up the call.  ridiculous because Utley should have been called out anyways because he wasn't NEAR the base, The rule states he has to be in arms length of touching the base which he was not. This wasn't brought up by ANYONE!    Regardless, Collins is an idiot for letting Gonzales hit VS. Reed. he should have just let colon stay in or go to Niese to face Gonzo.   

Archived