2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

This is without question the most likable team I have ever rooted for in any sport.

No bitching.

No moaning.

No dumb retaliatory sh*t that gets someone hurt or suspended.

Just a good ol' fashioned ass kicking.

+1

Let's Go Mets!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We had a meeting in the batting cage before the game," Cespedes said through an interpreter. "We were just thinking along the lines that Utley was not playing, and essentially what's done is done, and we really just need to go out there with the mentality to win. That's how we got back for him."

Said Michael Cuddyer: "The greatest retaliation is winning the game."

Said Matt Harvey: "We knew the biggest thing going in was coming out on top and scoring as many runs as we did. That kind of did all the talking."

We can when its a message no one wanted to see, no one asked for, and no one would have seen had you not posted it.  Clear attempt to sh*t on a pretty great day to be a Mets fan. 

That is not true. I am truly happy for you guys. I just thought it was pretty funny 'cause we all know guys like that. All fan bases have those guys. 

Lineups announced. Collins sticking with the same thing, love it. I was hoping for at the least no Cuddyer but this is better.

The thing that irritates me about this situation is that Collins only got Conforto 15 AB's vs. LHP during the season (160 AB vs. RHP).  He was 17-52 (.333) vs. LHP and 37-122 (.303) vs. RHP at Binghamton this year, so while there's not a bunch of Kershaw's pitching in AA, it's not like the kid has shown to be a disaster vs. lefties.  He should've been mixing in starts vs. LHP down the stretch (when Clippard was throwing BP to the opposition), both to get a read on how the kid handles them, as well as to give Conforto a look at major-league caliber LHP. 

You don't draft a guy you project to be a platoon player at #10 overall, so he's eventually going to need to face some lefties.  Shame on Collins for not making it happen before the time to experiment had passed.

http://gawker.com/wow-you-like-the-mets-wow-1736021251

Wow—you like the Mets? Okay—congrats. A thousand apologies for my failure to immediately fall to my knees and worship your great moral courage.

Wow—you like the Mets? The slightly less well capitalized of the New York City baseball franchises? Wow. I’m trembling.

I’ve never met a real live hero before.

What’s that—you’ve been a Mets fan for a long time? You were a fan of the Mets even during years that they did not have a winning record? Wow. I hope that it’s not too forward for me to tell you that I regard your fortitude in the face of suffering to be on par with that of the many persecuted minorities around the world that have suffered genocide. Someday, I would like to know how you did it.

Until then, I’d be happy to just to hear you tell loud stories about Mookie Wilson in the gym locker room in your abrasive, nasally Queens accent. Music to my ears.

Whoa—you’ve liked the Mets? Since you were a kid? And not the Yankees? Even though the Yankees are objectively more popular? You still liked the Mets? And wore a Mets hat everywhere? And talked about the Mets? Since you were a kid? Wow. If I found the mythical “magic lamp” I would inform the genie that all three of my magic wishes were to meet your mother and father and sit them down and look deep into their eyes and sincerely congratulate them on raising a child with the principled bravery that you possess. I know that you personally are too humble to ask to be nominated for sainthood, but I would beg you to consider accepting the honor, if only to see the light in your mother’s eyes when you finally receive the recognition you are due.

You say you met Keith Hernandez once? Please, tell me more.

Hey—I was wondering. Did you stick with the Mets through thick and thin? And now they’re finally in the playoffs? And you feel vindicated not just as a common sports fan but as a person with the backbone to root for the city’s second most popular baseball team, which is a reflection, though you are too modest to say it in so many words, of your own honorable character? My only regret is that I do not have more eardrums to sacrifice to the dulcet strains of your boisterous discussions of this very point on sports talk radio stations. If I could somehow hear nothing but MIKEY FROM QUEENS discussing the finer points of Matt Harvey’s pitch count from morning to night, I would die a happy man.

Doc Gooden? No, I’d like to hear what you think about him.

Excuse me—I apologize for my giddy demeanor. It’s hard to contain myself. I’ve had quite a day. I doubt you’d believe me if I told you. But I—just an average joe—had the incredible honor and privilege today of meeting, in the flesh, up close and personal, right here in New York City, a fan of the New York Mets. Getting to hear him describe to me at top volume, while gesturing with a hand holding a half-eaten slice of pizza, how Derek Jeter is far more gay than Mike Piazza was merely the icing on the metaphorical cake. I, for one, can cross something very special off my bucket list. Thank you, Mets fans. Thank you for being you.

How does this post not have neg rep from every single one of us keeping this thread alive for the past 5 months? 

The loudest people in the room tend to be the weakest fans.  Guy in our fantasy league I invited (yes, he's a real person) is a big Rams fan and went to the Rams-Giants game last season in STL.  After the game he was grabbing dinner and a Seahawks fan was in the bar yelling about the Seahawk game going on on TV and talking trash at large to the Rams fans.  My friend calmly asked the Seahawk fan to tell him who Walter Jones is.  Guy had no clue, got aggro then left. 

Wow.  haha.  This dude definitely pulled the 27 championship card in the heat of it too.  The bar collectively responded with a "you're wearing a ******* A's hat!!!"  haha.  It was a pretty classic scene. 

The thing that irritates me about this situation is that Collins only got Conforto 15 AB's vs. LHP during the season (160 AB vs. RHP).  He was 17-52 (.333) vs. LHP and 37-122 (.303) vs. RHP at Binghamton this year, so while there's not a bunch of Kershaw's pitching in AA, it's not like the kid has shown to be a disaster vs. lefties.  He should've been mixing in starts vs. LHP down the stretch (when Clippard was throwing BP to the opposition), both to get a read on how the kid handles them, as well as to give Conforto a look at major-league caliber LHP. 

You don't draft a guy you project to be a platoon player at #10 overall, so he's eventually going to need to face some lefties.  Shame on Collins for not making it happen before the time to experiment had passed.

That and the only guys that got to Kershaw in Game 1 were the lefties.  Conforto knocked a bomb off Grienke, in LA.  So the kid obviously is ready for the stage.  

I wont complain though.  I'm so pumped for this game.

Can Matz get some hometown magic again?  How amazing would that be to close out the series?!?!

I completely agree. But I think baseball is the most superstitious sport of all and you just don't change anything that you did from last night.

Worth noting that Conforto's defense is certainly very good but defensively it's comforting when we have Lagares out there.

I've been following social media for a little bit and people really bitch about some weird sh*t. The best pitcher of the last half decade has his best stuff tonight. This isn't on the Mets. It's ******* Clayton Kershaw. Christ already.

Cuddyer is playing, why? Matz is pitching, 7 starts to his name, why?

Mets pitching gave up 3 runs so far. Pitching isn't the problem. Cuddyer only pinch hit. Are you watching this game?

3 runs is a problem when you are facing Clayton Kershaw, yes. Otherwise no I somewhat are Googling everything that comes to mind because we didn't put out our best effort to win at home and it's frustrating as ****.  

Archived