2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harvey tonight- 4 game against the Cards- going to be tough

Vs. Lackey, this is a game they can win.

I expect to lose the rest :)

How about Thor the other night?  1 hitter in his first win ever? 

You knew the one game we score a couple of runs the pitching and defense will not hold up- 4 game sweep - terrible

As gary cohen pointed out, the Mets have  won and lost based on how they hit with RISP.

During the past two days, they have done a much better job of it.

So that was fun while it lasted.  It was only a matter of time before the Nats caught up (my World Series pick). 

So terrible.  I dont even think a Wild Card is achievable with this team's offense. 

bi19s.jpg

What's up with these stupid Mets uni's.

If you cannot play like a professional baseball team atleast dress like one. It's like they want to camouflage the fact that it was not washed for 3 months.

San Diego wears something similar

bi19s.jpg

What's up with these stupid Mets uni's.

If you cannot play like a professional baseball team atleast dress like one. It's like they want to camouflage the fact that it was not washed for 3 months.

Military Mondays. Started last year actually. They pair up with Wounded Warrior for every Monday home game to give vets free tickets and the unis are to raise awareness for community outreach events.

San Diego wears something similar

Yeah. San Diego does it for Sundays and opening day. Theirs is a little different though because it's 50% off for all home games. I assume that they don't do free tickets because the military populace is too great with the Navy and Marine bases there.

What's the likelihood we could trade Steven Matz for, say, Starlin Castro?  Or is this the stupidest idea ever?  Is Gato going to punch me for this suggestion?

Gato would want Harvey, DeGrom and Plawecki for Castro.

He throws out the most unreasonable trades.

That said I would do Syndergaard and Plawecki for Castro. 

The Cubs are loaded at middle IF, and will need to break that logjam sometime. Castro is young, and is on a reasonable deal. The only thing that bothers me about Castro is that he sometimes turns into David Murpy with dumb plays and out of nowhere botches of routine ball. I think he is a gamer though.

I imagine the Cubs would rather have Syndergaard than Matz, as he is more mlb ready

What's the likelihood we could trade Steven Matz for, say, Starlin Castro?  Or is this the stupidest idea ever?  Is Gato going to punch me for this suggestion?

I don't really think Castro is big upgrade over Wilmer.  He's not good defensively and isn't the hitter that some people think he is.  

Gato would want Harvey, DeGrom and Plawecki for Castro.

He throws out the most unreasonable trades.

That said I would do Syndergaard and Plawecki for Castro. 

The Cubs are loaded at middle IF, and will need to break that logjam sometime. Castro is young, and is on a reasonable deal. The only thing that bothers me about Castro is that he sometimes turns into David Murpy with dumb plays and out of nowhere botches of routine ball. I think he is a gamer though.

I imagine the Cubs would rather have Syndergaard than Matz, as he is more mlb ready

It's pretty incredible that we lost Wheeler for the year and can still afford to move a pitcher. It's not ideal, of course, but it says a lot about the depth of the farm system right now.

The thing that sucks most about this is we still don't know sh*t about backs. He could be fine next week or his career could be over. The spine is a cruel, cruel bitch.

Everything had to go right offensively this year and they just are not getting enough out of Cuddyer, Granderson or Duda.  Need a legit proven big bat.  

Everything had to go right offensively this year and they just are not getting enough out of Cuddyer, Granderson or Duda. Need a legit proven big bat.

I think to get enough offense to make them contenders the Mets would have to give up too much. In my opinion it's not worth it. No matter what happens this year, we are still a year or two away. The streak showed our potential but a combination of injuries and a few guys just being too young have exposed what we're dealing with. We may very well make a playoff push, but this is not a championship team. We do, however, have the makings of one as long as we are patient.

The pitching is set. Pieces are in place offensively and guys will be coming up over time. Play the course, don't give up assets, and kill it in free agency over the next two years so that we can build a sustained winner.

Most importantly, DO NOT wear out the young pitchers. It is so crucial that we don't **** around and play it as safe as possible. The future of the franchise depends on these guys.

Archived