2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

JEURYS FAMILIA WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON THE CUBBIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated Terry Collins - he was despised by his former players who once signed a petition to have him fired.  He even went to my alma mater Eastern Michigan University.   It didn't matter to me. I still felt he was a terrible manager.  He has proved me wrong! He has taken these kids and made them BELIEVE!  You gotta give him his due.  He's learned the hard way and  has done an amazin job.  Way to go Terry!  Congrads!  Go Eagles! Lets Go Mets!

I hated Terry Collins - he was despised by his former players who once signed a petition to have him fired.  He even went to my alma mater Eastern Michigan University.   It didn't matter to me. I still felt he was a terrible manager.  He has proved me wrong! He has taken these kids and made them BELIEVE!  You gotta give him his due.  He's learned the hard way and  has done an amazin job.  Way to go Terry!  Congrads!  Go Eagles! Lets Go Mets!

I thought he was nuts for pulling Thor after the 7th. We lost a bat with men on because of it and Thor was throwing seven different kinds of smoke. But I guess Collins went with his gut because Familia had a day of rest and his stuff has been so good the past couple months. No question Thor can go game one now too. Proved me completely wrong.

How can you not love baseball? Two teams that nobody predicted anything out of are going to battle it out for the pennant. What a game. What a season. What a ******* season.

I still dont think he's a good manager, but his moves certainly paid off tonight. 

I have never had a baseball game exhaust me like that in my entire life. Ever.

Hell yeah. I was on a flight from NJ to Orlando. I saw up to the 5th inning on the plane. Got home and watched the rest and it was nerve racking sh*t. But that's what makes it soooo sweet. BTW, f**k the dodgers.

Hell yeah. I was on a flight from NJ to Orlando. I saw up to the 5th inning on the plane. Got home and watched the rest and it was nerve racking sh*t. But that's what makes it soooo sweet. BTW, f**k the dodgers.

Amazing isn't it? The Duda shift, which for some bizarre reason he refuses to bunt into and Collins refuses to tell him to bunt into, kind of won them this game. If Mattingly doesn't put that on, the game goes into extra innings.

Also I gotta believe Greinke is going to be beating himself up for a while with that AB to Murphy. He was nailing him with change ups and for some reason decided to stray from what was working and go with a fastball. Kaboom. 

And Ethier should have dropped that ball right? No clue how that play works but I know I was surprised he caught it.

I still dont think he's a good manager, but his moves certainly paid off tonight. 

I've been critical of him a lot this season, and rightfully so, but you have to give him credit for this game. He went full Torre, going with his gut and trusting in his best pitchers (deGrom and Familia) and it paid off. I have to wonder if that's going to help down the line. It's much easier to be overly cautious in the playoffs, but the Mets maybe get a win/win out of this one. Showing that much confidence in your guys can have such a positive effect in future instances. There's no doubt that Collins sacrificed two crucial ABs in a tight game to stick with his guys, and they rewarded him for that. It's not pretty, but it's hard not to sit back and smile thinking about it.

I have never had a baseball game exhaust me like that in my entire life. Ever.

Not even close but from that post I'm assuming you didn't see 1986 Mets vs. Astros Game 6.  Greatest game ever played. And you also have 1986 WS Game 6 Mets vs. Red Sox.  Both those games are legendary and were absolutely nerve shattering.    

Not even close but from that post I'm assuming you didn't see 1986 Mets vs. Astros Game 6.  Greatest game ever played. And you also have 1986 WS Game 6 Mets vs. Red Sox.  Both those games are legendary and were absolutely nerve shattering.    

I did see both those games, cliche one-up guy. However seeing as I am not old, and was 5 at the time, those games were about as important to me as playing with my Hess truck. Thank you for taking that statement too literally though.

And how big of a trolling coward is Mattingly? Never brings Utley up in NY, finally brings him in for a situation where it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Only reason for bringing Utley up in that situation is to be a dick. Dude deserves to be fired, and more importantly he deserves to get heckled whenever he shows his face in NY again.

I did see both those games, cliche one-up guy. However seeing as I am not old, and was 5 at the time, those games were about as important to me as playing with my Hess truck. Thank you for taking that statement too literally though.

I don't mess with Met history LOL

Also I gotta believe Greinke is going to be beating himself up for a while with that AB to Murphy. He was nailing him with change ups and for some reason decided to stray from what was working and go with a fastball. Kaboom. 

And Ethier should have dropped that ball right? No clue how that play works but I know I was surprised he caught it.

It wasn't that he threw him a fastball that was a problem, it was the location.

All night, Greinke was painting edges, and then he just grooved one into the wheelhouse of Murphy.

And how big of a trolling coward is Mattingly? Never brings Utley up in NY, finally brings him in for a situation where it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Only reason for bringing Utley up in that situation is to be a dick. Dude deserves to be fired, and more importantly he deserves to get heckled whenever he shows his face in NY again.

Pretty sure he was looking for either 

1) a pop from Utley (and Utley did just miss a hanger) or

2) For Utley to get on base to start the inning.

How is that a "dick move"?

Pretty sure he was looking for either 

1) a pop from Utley (and Utley did just miss a hanger) or

2) For Utley to get on base to start the inning.

How is that a "dick move"?

Agreed, I was calling it 2 innings before that we'd see Utley in the 9th.  When you no longer care about defense and need a run, sending up a veteran lefty bat to start an inning makes a lot of sense.

Archived