2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

deGrom for one more and than Familia for two?  I'd be tempted to try and put the nail in the coffin but probably not the smartest thing to do with the possibility of three games in a row.

Not now with a 3 run lead!!!

Bring in your set up guy for the situation and then Familia to close it out. 

*can't jinx*

So far we are looking pretty good.

what is the preference for the other series?

A KC team that has already been though this or the fresh meat Blue Jays who have one star pitcher and a murders row of hitters.

Toronto no question. The Royals are awesome. Our pitchers thrive on teams that strike out and they don't.

The good news is neither team on paper has the pitching we've seen from the Dodgers and Cubs, so we stand a chance to keep up. But I'm not so sure our pitching is going to keep dominating like they have been. My heart says they will but my head says these kids have to get tired sooner or later.

Love this team!!!!!

Been a fan since the late 70's, this may be my favorite Mets team ever!

This team is eerily reminiscent of the '69 Mets. Great young pitching, (Seaver, Koosman, Ryan, Gentry....Harvery, deGron, Syn, Matz) a dominant closer, (McGraw....Familia) couldn't hit a lick until Clendenon was acquired .....(Cespesdes) and both teams then went on a tear. We are 1 win away from the World Series...........Lets Go Mets! 

The good news is neither team on paper has the pitching we've seen from the Dodgers and Cubs, so we stand a chance to keep up. But I'm not so sure our pitching is going to keep dominating like they have been. My heart says they will but my head says these kids have to get tired sooner or later.

They'll get some nice rest if Matz finishes it tonight!  I think we're about to see him pitch a gem and get us the sweep.  Could anyone have imagined this 4 months ago?

Murphy again and Wright and Cespedes getting some hits. The Mets are riding their starting pitching young guys - this is how the Mets were built to win.

It would be great if we get this tonight line up our pitching for next week

Murphy again and Wright and Cespedes getting some hits. The Mets are riding their starting pitching young guys - this is how the Mets were built to win.

It would be great if we get this tonight line up our pitching for next week

Duda seemed to find his swing again last night too.  Funny how bunting sometimes can do that for a player.  Whenever Mickey Mantle was in a slump, Casey Stengel would tell him to bunt, I guess the philosophy being that it helps you see the ball better and just let's you "re-set" in some way.  Granted, Mantle was maybe one of the fastest players from home-to-first in MLB history, and could easily get bunt singles whenever he wanted to.....but still. 

Right now under $200, people are dropping them by the minute so you have to keep a close eye on it.

Ok that is getting a little more reasonable- I got my rejection notice from the Mets for World Series tickets!

*can't jinx*

So far we are looking pretty good.

what is the preference for the other series?

A KC team that has already been through this or the fresh meat Blue Jays who have one star pitcher and a murders row of hitters.

As a side party, with no dog in the fight, I'd take your pitching vs Toronto's hitters.  Price is proving to be choke in the playoffs, and your 4 starters can shut them down enough to win. 

KC is legit, and is hungry after almost getting it last year, and their bullpen is insane.  66-4 this year with a lead after the 5th inning.  Not the 7th, the 5th.  They get up on you, 3-2,  you will lose that game (not "you" the Mets, "you" anyone).   While I hate to say it, but when a team so over achieves and makes the W.S., there can be a "well, we made it this far" mentality, whereas KC lost the WS last year, this year its World Champs or bust for them.

As a side party, with no dog in the fight, I'd take your pitching vs Toronto's hitters.  Price is proving to be choke in the playoffs, and your 4 starters can shut them down enough to win. 

KC is legit, and is hungry after almost getting it last year, and their bullpen is insane.  66-4 this year with a lead after the 5th inning.  Not the 7th, the 5th.  They get up on you, 3-2,  you will lose that game (not "you" the Mets, "you" anyone).   While I hate to say it, but when a team so over achieves and makes the W.S., there can be a "well, we made it this far" mentality, whereas KC lost the WS last year, this year its World Champs or bust for them.

I like that everyone is handing them the chip already. Keeps us under the radar still, which is where we thrive.

Archived