2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Granderson is going more of the Gary Carter route with his career. Sure, he's beloved by more than one fanbase, but end of the day everyone who loves baseball loves the guy.

Granderson is just a great guy. You see this guy interviewed and you love him. Hated seeing him go from the Yankees. 

So many missed opportunities, but even though we gifted them a game we did a lot of damage. Saw their entire bullpen, forced a lot of pitches from Herrera, and got 3 innings out of their game 4 starter. I think we win tonight with deGrom on the mound. And end of the day we know we can hang with these ****ers.

Wright needs to get his sh*t together. Between leaving runners on base and that error at the end, come on Cap.

So many missed opportunities, but even though we gifted them a game we did a lot of damage. Saw their entire bullpen, forced a lot of pitches from Herrera, and got 3 innings out of their game 4 starter. I think we win tonight with deGrom on the mound. And end of the day we know we can hang with these ****ers.

Wright needs to get his sh*t together. Between leaving runners on base and that error at the end, come on Cap.

I agree with everything you posted. deGrom needs to nail it tomorrow.

Also a HUGE mistake by Familia. He was screwing around with a quick pitch when Gordon hit the home run and did not focus on making his pitch. Had that game right where we wanted it. His stuff is so good he does not need to do that crap.

Also a HUGE mistake by Familia. He was screwing around with a quick pitch when Gordon hit the home run and did not focus on making his pitch. Had that game right where we wanted it. His stuff is so good he does not need to do that crap.

That is the absolute truth. He creates a slide step when he quick pitches and it elevates the ball. It has caused more damage than good.

Trust the stuff

DeGrom will make the Mets forget about game 1.  All Mets need is a split.

Cuddeyer should fake an injury so he can be replaced on the roster. He proved he's a liability on the field in NLDS and he's a liability at the plate

Last night validated the fact that these were the clear 2 best teams.  Sucks that we couldn't get the W, but then again, this franchise has never won a game 1 of the World Series before, yet still has 2 titles.  Win tonight and we're in very good shape.

Beauty of baseball. Today's pitcher can make you forget about yesterday's heartbreak.

Il say it. Harvey needed to be our ace. 

He gave up 3 runs, one of which should have been an out. He was not overly sharp, but 2 runs in 6 innings should have gotten them the win. I am sick of him and his antics, but without his best stuff against a very good lineup, he pitched pretty well. I also thought the Royals got a very favorable strike zone yesterday. Many of the pitches that were called balls for Mets pitchers were called strikes for Royals pitchers.

He gave up 3 runs, one of which should have been an out. He was not overly sharp, but 2 runs in 6 innings should have gotten them the win. I am sick of him and his antics, but without his best stuff against a very good lineup, he pitched pretty well. I also thought the Royals got a very favorable strike zone yesterday. Many of the pitches that were called balls for Mets pitchers were called strikes for Royals pitchers.

Harvey has been ace-like in the post season. He has battled when he has not had his best stuff. Mets are lucky and happy to have him.

Is there anything more brutal than losing a lead in the 9th as a sports fan?  I mean, one F'ing pitch.  The guy has been damn near untouchable till that one stinking pitch.  And that's the beauty of baseball.  The game was lost on one bad play in the field and one bad pitch by your all world closer. 

That said, they battled.  The answered just about everything and the Royals are not going to get another outing from a Chris Young like that.  Not a chance.

deGrom goes out and has an all time memorable performance setting the Mets up for the 3 game stretch at home and it's a whole new series.

Lets go Mets!!! 

The Cespedes drop for the in the park HR is not what I am referring to. I am speaking about when you have a 3-1 lead and you need to pitch to get ground balls and end the inning, not to be throwing meatballs over the plate. Further he was being way too cute with the off-speed all night when he should have watched some tape on Bumgardner's success with them throwing high and away heat. He's still recovering from Tommy John, there's no doubt in my mind and his control is suffering. With that said do not be pitching for anything other than ground balls with a 3-1 lead in the 6th.

Secondly, the Mets left 200 guys on base last night and you have the Kelly Johnson's and David Wrights of the world watching strike three go by which is unforgivable. Alderson has been telling them for years to get deep into counts and walk but for fck's sake, do they not realize that the goal of that strategy is to SWING THE BAT WITH GUYS ON BASE???

This was a winnable game, they should've won, it should've never been down to Familia coming in bottom 8 with 2 outs to clean up a mess. They weren't prepared mentally.

After my rant, believe it or not, David Wright I have the most sympathy for physically (not watching strike three go by). Spinal Stenosis is no joke. My father in law has it. David is doing 4 hours of prep every pre-game, heat and massages the whole thing just to be ready to play. The compression of spinal discs onto each other is because of an actual permanent realignment of the structure of his back. He will never hit the way he used to, he will never play third base the way he used to. You saw it last night a little bit if you were really keeping an eye on him, the way he was favoring his body and late on pitches. If they had a better option at 3rd base he would have to sit, but 1, they don't and 2, Collins is not going to take out the captain unless he voluntarily sits which he won't.

Archived