REVIS IS FREE!!!!!! (ok, he will be Tuesday 4pm)......(All things Revis in here)

TNJet

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obvious they will make a offer. Now we find out if Revis JUST about money. Lower Pats offer vs higher offer form other team, Jets included.

Last deal might be wise to capitalize retire as Jet and all the main Media market might set him up for post career?

this means they asked him to restructure and he said "nope." we all know his plan has been to get to free agency as many times as possible over his 10-14 year career, whatever it ends up being. And he has done a masterful job at that.

He's going to chase the money now that he has a ring.

so basically nothing has changed for him

the next 24 hours is going to be epic.

As a side-note: Revis has probably made over $60 million in his career, not including endorsements.  You gotta wonder at what point you stop nitpicking over $2 million per year for the benefit of playing with a guy like Tom Brady.

He will chase money, whether he has a ring or not. That's what he has always done.

It might be time to start talking about what is he is really worth ? Is he worth the 16 mill or based on his play he is more worth in the 10-12 mill range.

we will have to pay a premium-I figure two million to get him back-same money no sane person goes to the jets over the pats

I suspect the bills are going to jump into the mix too-they already have a great d and rex would loves revis even more than his true love of feet

Misleading thread title.  Until Tuesday at 4:00 pm, Revis belongs to the NE Cheats.  No surprise there.  But the Pats and nobody else can negotiate with him on a new contract for the next 23 hours and 40 minutes.

New GM needs to know w/Revis/disgruntled Uncle Sean it comes down to after state tax dollars, colder climate = higher heating bills, extra shoes that are winter ready, more cold weather clothing, snow tires etc etc etc..

These dudes are all about the last damn piece of metal that you can hear Abe Lincoln's screeches from.

Ane of course, when Jets with new staff, 3 new playbooks are Playoff ready, SB run ready to start 2017 season, it's HOLDOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revis will take less to stay in New England... the same guy that held out multiple times on the Jets for every nickel. PROCESS THAT FOR A MINUTE!!!!!!!

The Jets have to beg and grovel at his feet and offer him significantly more money.

That is a complete and total slap in the face (actually more like an FU) to the Jets, and us the fans.

I say screw Darrelle Revis.

Revis will take less to stay in New England... the same guy that held out on the Jets for every nickel. PROCESS THAT FOR A MINUTE!!!!!!!

The Jets have to beg and grovel at his feet and offer him significantly more money.

That is a complete and total slap in the face (actually more like an FU) to the Jets, and us the fans.

But what about his Jets heart? What about it I ask you? 

Seriously, though. I'd take him 10x out of 10 over friggin' Percy Harvin to do something really good once a month. Crazy that from the time we traded for him, when the season was already lost, his total pricetag would be $17M through the 2015 season. Actually more than Revis would be for the same number of meaningful games (and a draft pick to boot). Freaking nuts. 

I do have concerns about losing a real pick (not our 7th rounder) over Woody's tampering if we sign him.

Revis will take less to stay in New England... the same guy that held out multiple times on the Jets for every nickel. PROCESS THAT FOR A MINUTE!!!!!!!

Management.  Pats have it...JETS dont.  Its really that simple.

No its actually not. 

Idzik screwed Revis not Woody or Rex 

Fans want Revis back 

We need a CB he's the best available 

will be interesting to see-he held out multiple times for the jets because he is smart-also sadly you cant compare jets to pats-holding out to play for a loser is not the same as holding out to play for the champs

No its actually not. 

Fans want Revis back 

I don't believe for one NY minute that Woody didn't dictate the trade of Revis.  At the time, the buzz was that Woody was furious with Revis, his uncle and other people.  Now he's done an about face.  Would it surprise anyone that the meddling incompetent owner would be a bald-faced liar as well?  Woody Johnson is a piece of horse manure.

I would LOVE Revis to come back-pay the man pay the man his money

sign him and spiller and I expect a trade for foles on or by draft day-most likely draft day

I think Foles trade gonzo now that it appears Fitz will be free as a FA when Texans release him. I'd get Fitz and ask Eagles for Kiki or a mega slew of picks in a trade down. Can never have enough good LBs as Parcells used to say.

No its actually not.

Fans want Revis back

I have come to the realization we never agree on anything. Not worth arguing. I want the Jets to improve too. But not at the cost of Revis forcing the Jets to their knees, kiss his feet, offer a chest of gold.... while he laughs on his way to the bank thinking "suckers!" All this while wearing his Cheatriots Super Bowl ring....

I think Foles trade gonzo now that it appears Fitz will be free as a FA when Texans release him. I'd get Fitz and ask Eagles for Kiki or a mega slew of picks in a trade down. Can never have enough good LBs as Parcells used to say.

Eagles aren't trading him.

Besides, what do we need Kiki for? We just re-signed Harris!

Money...Jets have it...Patriots dont. Its really that simple.

False. The Patriots are also close to the spending floor, just like the Jets.

They may even already even be ok with the last number Revis threw at them but first want to see if anyone else is going to even be in that ballpark with a competing bid.

False. The Patriots are also close to the spending floor, just like the Jets.

They may even already even be ok with the last number Revis threw at them but first want to see if anyone else is going to even be in that ballpark with a competing bid.

What am I missing?

I'm seeing the Pats as the 9th worst team in cap space.

I have come to the realization we never agree on anything. Not worth arguing. I want the Jets to improve too. But not at the cost of Revis forcing the Jets to their knees, kiss his feet, offer a chest of gold.... while he laughs on his way to the bank thinking "suckers!" All this while wearing his Cheatriots Super Bowl ring....

All NFL players want a Super Bowl ring that is the ultimate goal thats what every team plays for Revis saw with Rex here he wasn't winning one. Smart player rich man who says you can't come home.

Archived