REVIS IS FREE!!!!!! (ok, he will be Tuesday 4pm)......(All things Revis in here)

TNJet

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the results of the Deflate gate, Atlanta piping in sound, Browns gm texting to the field, and Jets tampering will all be addressed during the league meetings in March before the draft as they are every year.  This is also when the comp picks are awarded and the final draft order is to be determined.  It has been this way for as long as Goddell has been in place. Just because the nfl office (kensil ex-jets president) was warned by Goddell about leaks after kraft's tirade before the SB, he quit feeding stuff to the media.

Not to derail the thread but do you actually believe the pats stuck a pin in footballs and deflated them after all that has been discussed regarding gas laws?

If you're going to post here...at least learn how to spell Roger's last name.

Why are you guys buying into the media's hype and acting like the 2015 season is over if we don't get Revis? We need to sign two corners and a free safety. I'd be happier with a combo of Cro, Culliver and Mike Adams than giving Revis $60 mil

So, He's going back to the Pats regarldless of the Jets offer? 

I don't buy it.  He's taking the most money...I would take the opposite poitn of what you're saying - he's leaking that he'll take less from the Pats to up the Jet's (or anyone elses) offer.

IMO he would go to the jets for 1 additional year and  or 25% more no doubt. If the pats are at 3 years 36 mill, with 1/2 guaranteed and  if the jets offer 3 years and 45 he is gone or 4 and 54 with 1/2 guaranteed he is gone. .

The Jets are being used as leverage.  The Revis camp is trying to get the Patroits to up their offer so they bring in their arch rival to get as much as they can, I hope I am wrong but I strongly don't think so.

I agree, but while Revis is using the Jets to up the Patriots' offer, Kraft is using Revis to up the Jets' offer.  So the Jets will pay a crazy amount for him.

Why would Revis want to leave a 12-4, Super Bowl-winning team and join a 4-12 team?

Pats won't even have to match whatever the Jets offer, all they have to do is be competitive and Revis stays in New England.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

IMO he would go to the jets for 1 additional year and  or 25% more no doubt. If the pats are at 3 years 36 mill, with 1/2 guaranteed and  if the jets offer 3 years and 45 he is gone or 4 and 54 with 1/2 guaranteed he is gone. .

I really do think the Jets are going to get him at 3/42 - 30 guaranteed.

That, to me, is a good deal...and I think it's something the Pats won't match.  If the Pats are willing to match that than they can have him.

I really do think the Jets are going to get him at 3/42 - 30 guaranteed.

That, to me, is a good deal...and I think it's something the Pats won't match.  If the Pats are willing to match that than they can have him.

I agree, I don't think the Pats would match that offer, especially with that guarantee.

IMO he would go to the jets for 1 additional year and or 25% more no doubt. If the pats are at 3 years 36 mill, with 1/2 guaranteed and if the jets offer 3 years and 45 he is gone or 4 and 54 with 1/2 guaranteed he is gone. .

Well you gotta figure Revis will win another 5 Super Bowls with the pats. For the jets to compensate for him to have losing seasons rest of his career they'd have to offer $5 mil or more per season just in base salary.

Well you gotta figure Revis will win another 5 Super Bowls with the pats. For the jets to compensate for him to have losing seasons rest of his career they'd have to offer $5 mil or more per season just in base salary.

LOL he didn't win the last one a stupid call by the Seahawks did.. The love for this mercenary is off the charts. :animal0029:  Lets get a QB in place before we throw big bucks to a guy like Mevis..

LOL he didn't win the last one a stupid call by the Seahawks did.. The love for this mercenary is off the charts. :animal0029: Lets get a QB in place before we throw big bucks to a guy like Mevis..

I say give Revis the big bucks and sign Cro to a reasonable 2-year deal and the gay guy Rhodes to be the free safety at the league minimum.

Family Reunion

I agree, but while Revis is using the Jets to up the Patriots' offer, Kraft is using Revis to up the Jets' offer.  So the Jets will pay a crazy amount for him.

The guy will be 30 on a team without a proven QB, it would not be wise to spend crazy dollars on a guy like this when you are at least 2-3 years out.

Bring back REX and Savage is happy. :winking0001:

Nope I'm happy with Bowles whose concerned about the WHOLE team.. It's fine Revis wants to emulate Deion  the original DB mercenary but if you noticed the teams that signed him were on the cusp of a Bowl and had future HOF QB's the Jets don't.. But if the fanboys want to spank the monkey having dreams of Mevis so be it.. :wild:

I don't posters like  yourself that don't realize that people can do more than 1 thing at a time. Just because they are in talks with Revis doesn't mean they also aren't in talks with other players. We have already added Brandon Marshall, resigned David Harris and just signed Seahawks starting Guard James Carpenter and FA hasn't even officially begun. 

This is where I got my info that said it.  Maybe not the most reliable but it would not shock me.

http://www.thescore.com/news/717386

Nope I'm happy with Bowles whose concerned about the WHOLE team.. It's fine Revis wants to emulate Deion  the original DB mercenary but if you noticed the teams that signed him were on the cusp of a Bowl and had future HOF QB's the Jets don't.. But if the fanboys want to spank the monkey having dreams of Mevis so be it.. :wild:

Wow...The savage nation and I are in complete agreement!  Stop the presses.

Wow...The savage nation and I are in complete agreement!  Stop the presses.

Oh please you have been a CPA too long maybe you can't see the truth anymore?? We have discussed Rex before(especially on JI) and I have always agreed that he had faults. Being concerned with just the D being a major one.. I liked his personality and thought he was entertaining and 09-10 was a fun ride.. But I have always said he should have gone when Tanny got canned.. I liked Wayne a lot he was one of my favorite Jets that doesn't mean I thought he was better then Jerry Rice..LOL

Unfortunately if Browner gets released, Revis likely stays in New England. Belicheat really wants Revis there. It changes the whole defense and allows Belicheat to play man coverage and rush the QB more

Browner would be a significant loss for the pats. Their defense played a lot better once he came off the PED suspension.

Cutting Browner to keep Revis would be robbing Peter to pay Paul

Browner would be a significant loss for the pats. Their defense played a lot better once he came off the PED suspension.

Cutting Browner to keep Revis would be robbing Peter to pay Paul

but it's easier to replace Browner than it is to replace Revis.  Revis is unreplacable.

but it's easier to replace Browner than it is to replace Revis. Revis is unreplacable.

Yeah but he can cover only 1 guy.

Browner is replaceable. Just find a very good starting corner on a current PED suspension willing to play for nothing because he can't suit up first 4 games of the season. Presto

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the "sense out of New England" is that free agent CB Darrelle Revis will sign with the Jets.
The Patriots will make a "final push," but the expectation is Revis is chasing the money to return to Gang Green. If true, the Patriots may lose both Revis and RCB Brandon Browner after New England declined Browner's option Tuesday afternoon. Once a suddenly strong secondary now needs a ton of work

Archived