IMHO (I've been wrong a lot), Fitz as FA Vet QB makes most sense

SouthernJet

None of the Vet QBs the Jets looking at are QBs of the next 10 years future. That QB is a QB to be drafted in 2015 or 2016, via trade or Geno.

The 2015 FA Vet Jets will sign is a 2-3 year starter or backup to Geno or a phenom we may draft early or later (aka Russ Wilson) who wins job.

I digress.

Bottom line, Fitz has history with our new GM (baggage/personality is known, aka 'Mac will know if Fitz is a Turd in clubhouse) and most important, Fitz knows Chans system from days with Bills. If Geno lays a BossTurd sized egg in camp, Fitz will be able to start Day One knowing every play in playbook, something Geno will NOT be able to do.

Pretty much a slam dunk folks we are getting Fitz. 

I think we still draft a QB though.

New staff will let best man win, no politics IMHO.

IMHO, If they think someone can make us close to playoffs they will start. If they think none can make playoffs (due to rest of roster etc) then they will play QB they see as best long term.

Fitz is poop on a stick just like every single available QB. It's Geno folks. Face it.

Ditto, better off with Geno than fitzy.  Why get a middle reliever who has played on every roster lol. Jets better hope QB class is better next yr

8-8 would be a miracle with 3 new playbooks, off, def and STs. 8-8 w/3 new playbooks, would tell me 2016 is a playoff year.

Sign me up :)

I'm saying 8-8 is about the upper level of where Ryan Fitzpatrick can lead a team.

It would not mean the Jets were a 2016 playoff team. It would mean we yet again were in no position to get a potential franchise QB and were stuck with mediocrity.

I'm saying 8-8 is about the upper level of where Ryan Fitzpatrick can lead a team.

It would not mean the Jets were a 2016 playoff team. It would mean we yet again were in no position to get a potential franchise QB and were stuck with mediocrity.

we migfht sign Fitz and still draft a QB. Mac new GM, no one knows his style yet. Time will tell. Maybe Mac is of school, that you dont throw 1st round QB to wolves and let them sit 1/2 year at minimum. Again, who knows...

I dont see this team better than 8-8 with almost any QB and 3 new playbooks. Big order.

I agree Fitz makes sense. Ties to Maccagnan, ties to Gailey. Has started a good chunk of games and had some success, though he's up and down.

Doesn't mean Geno isn't the guy this year (key there being this year). But there needs to be some level of legitimate, experienced competition to make you feel at least remotely okay with him for a season. Fitzpatrick could certainly fill that role.

And hopefully the best guy plays, regardless of who is brought in. Not like there are a bunch of outstanding options out there though.

Geno with Marshall Law at #1 and Decker at #2 >>>> Geno with an injured Decker #1 and Salas/Nelson/Harvin at #2

Geno will be our guy and he will be a 25 TDs, 10 int guy, assuming he's the starter and not a rookie QB. Quote me.

Geno with Marshall Law at #1 and Decker at #2 >>>> Geno with an injured Decker #1 and Salas/Nelson/Harvin at #2

Geno will be our guy and he will be a 25 TDs, 10 int guy, assuming he's the starter and not a rookie QB. Quote me.

Based on what? Geno has shown no semblance of consistency, accuracy, or improvement. The horse is dead.

Id rather see vick behind center then fitzpatrick. Its so irritating knowing what we will go into this season with at qb. We just updated our wrs and were gona have a mediocre guy (not qb of the jets future) passing them the ball. Its so frustrating. Why cant we have a franhise qb already..i feel like theres no upside with fitzpatrick.

Based on what? Geno has shown no semblance of consistency, accuracy, or improvement. The horse is dead.

I saw plenty of improvment since the benching. Jets trusted him more in the last 4 games of the year against some good Ds. In those 4 games, he had somre "semblance" of chemistry with his mid-season toy, Harvin. He also had Decker at almost full strength. And when you put two n two together, Geno ended up with 65% completion, 1001 yards, 6 TDs and 2 ints in those last 4 games. Maybe Im a glass half full kinda guy, but I definitely saw Geno get settled down towards the end of the season. An extra off season under his belt will only help him, especially now that he has a WR that can actually go up and make his QB look even better. This team was two blocked FGs away from defeating the SB champs twice, and an NFL caliber CB n a few screwed up calls away from being a 9-10 win team last year, believe it or not.

I saw plenty of improvment since the benching. Jets trusted him more in the last 4 games of the year against some good Ds. In those 4 games, he had somre "semblance" of chemistry with his mid-season toy, Harvin. He also had Decker at almost full strength. And when you put two n two together, Geno ended up with 65% completion, 1001 yards, 6 TDs and 2 ints in those last 4 games. Maybe Im a glass half full kinda guy, but I definitely saw Geno get settled down towards the end of the season. An extra off season under his belt will only help him, especially now that he has a WR that can actually go up and make his QB look even better. This team was two blocked FGs away from defeating the SB champs twice, and an NFL caliber CB n a few screwed up calls away from being a 9-10 win team last year, believe it or not.

They were actually 5-6 wins away from being a 9-10 win team. If you want another year of suck then keep praying for Geno.

I too saw some hope for Geno in those last few games. Now that Chan is here he will hopefully play a more spread offense. Geno should be very comfortable playing in this system.

Having said that, I want a backup who wants to take Geno's job from him. I am so tired of getting these old men and has beens to play for us. Burrell, Vick and the like we're good for nothing. Much rather give a 5th or sixth draft pick for either Foles or Glennon and have a player who does not want to settle for being number 2.

The last decent backup we had was Chad Pennington who as you all know took over the starters role.

They were actually 5-6 wins away from being a 9-10 win team. If you want another year of suck then keep praying for Geno.

ok. I guess we need to trade for Brady, cuz the FA stinks. Im content with giving another year to Geno.

Archived