Jets have agreed to terms with Bilal Powell

Jet Life

I'm sure it was a decent $ signing. Always liked Bilal. Have no idea why Jets paid CJ2 5 mill with this guy on the roster.

Still need 3 good backs.

CJ should still be in play, probably wants too much money when Jets could just draft a guy.

I'm sure it was a decent $ signing. Always liked Bilal. Have no idea why Jets paid CJ2 5 mill with this guy on the roster.

Still need 3 good backs.

CJ should still be in play, probably wants too much money when Jets could just draft a guy.

Under the current circumstances, can we not use the initials CJ in this thread?  :)

No spiller I guess.

Not excited about this. Was hoping we would replace him with Helu. It's not terrible , just apathetic about the signing

Without seeing the money, this is a solid resigning for the Jets. Powell is an ideal backup. A Jack of all trades type who can fill in on any down. He can run, he can catch, he can pass protect. Good guy to have on the team.

His presence doesn't stop the Jets from looking for another vet, or taking a RB high in the draft. Don't sweat that.

I wouldn't eliminate that option just yet. As good as Ivory is, I wouldn't call him a home-run hitter. Powell isn't that either. Spiller fits that role.

Ivory is solid. I think he is very overrated by Jets fans.

And I think they'll look to draft a home-run hitter.

Without seeing the money, this is a solid resigning for the Jets. Powell is an ideal backup. A Jack of all trades type who can fill in on any down. He can run, he can catch, he can pass protect. Good guy to have on the team.

His presence doesn't stop the Jets from looking for another vet, or taking a RB high in the draft. Don't sweat that.

Exactly he's a good Jet. You need backups in this league you can count on to not get your QB killed. Loyal soldier that does his job, makes no waves, and knows how to pass block.

He might surprise a little under Chan Gailey. Though Powell doesn't have breakaway speed he's got a lot of juke in him & always gains positive yards. His running style reminds me a little of Johnny Hector who I always liked.

For the life of me, I cannot understand this new regime's obsession with Bilal Powell. Was really hoping 4:00 rolled around and he ended up elsewhere.

It's a Jet fan thing too.

For whatever reason Jet fans are in love with the guy....Nice player - but exceptionally average.

Nice resigning. Low miles, competent back that needs little to no coaching, does not put the ball on the ground, very elusive and hard to tackle, good blocker and great locker room guy. He still has yet to hit his prime in this league.

Hopefully this cools down all the people overheated about this signing. Doesn't look like Bilal was generating all that much buzz after all. No way a one year deal for Powell stops the Jets from doing else anything at the RB position this year.

Big breath in. Hold. Okay, let it out.

Nice little depth signing.

Bilal is a good player, and especially good at blitz pickup.  But I wonder if he can fill that role of a RB lining up at WR and catching a quick pass like CJ Spiller could do.  That seems to be an important part of Gailey's offense and the Jets still lack top level speed without Harvin.

Apparently the Jets have no interest in Spiller at this point, which makes me wonder if they are going to have anyone who can fill that role. 

Powell is a good player, but without Spiller, Vereen might have made more sense.

Hopefully this cools down all the people overheated about this signing. Doesn't look like Bilal was generating all that much buzz after all. No way a one year deal for Powell stops the Jets from doing else anything at the RB position this year.

Big breath in. Hold. Okay, let it out.

Nice little depth signing.

of course he wasn't generating any buzz

Archived