Tennesee to have private workout with mariota

jetsfan719

No way they take Mariota. Its a smokescreen...they want a haul of picks for the right to draft Mariota. 

LL

Zach Mettenberger has never won an NFL game. He's 0-6 as a starter. He had a season ending injury last year, and he had a season ending injury at LSU the year before.

He's not a reason to pass on Mariota. 

Tampa - Winston

Titans - Mariota

Jags - Williams

Raiders - White/Cooper

Redskins - Fowler

Jets - Cooper/White, Gregory, Beasley, Ray, Dupree, Parker?

Titans picking Mariota would be great for Jets. If the Jets just stay where they are, they can pick a player with a very high ceiling in an area of need.

Zach Mettenberger has never won an NFL game. He's 0-6 as a starter. He had a season ending injury last year, and he had a season ending injury at LSU the year before.

He's not a reason to pass on Mariota.

Finally some one with smarts. They have no QB and Mettenberger was a gamble when they picked him. He was up and down with a good arm but then the injury put him behind the eighth ball. Mariota has to be their pick at 2.

Tampa - Winston

Titans - Mariota

Jags - Williams

Raiders - White/Cooper

Redskins - Fowler

Jets - Cooper/White, Gregory, Beasley, Ray, Dupree, Parker?

Titans picking Mariota would be great for Jets. If the Jets just stay where they are, they can pick a player with a very high ceiling in an area of need.

I am of the mind we should go Beasley because we really need more speed at Olb.   As much as I like the wrs after Marshall trade don't see us taking Cooper, White or Parker.  Get a receiver in round 2 or 3.  In fact one of those receivers may wind up in Chicago to replace Marshall. 

No way they take Mariota. Its a smokescreen...they want a haul of picks for the right to draft Mariota. 

LL

I agree.  Philly now has the 10th pick and will pay well for the 2nd pick.  Kelly has lined up the pieces on the board.  He's got a competent/upgraded vet QB on a one year deal so Mariotta can sit without tanking the season, Mex as the back-up, and wrangled first round position that puts them within striking distance of his boy.

I agree.  Philly now has the 10th pick and will pay well for the 2nd pick.  Kelly has lined up the pieces on the board.  He got a competent/upgraded vet QB on a one year deal so Mariotta can sit without tanking the year, Mex as the back-up and wrangled first round position that puts them within stringing distance of his boy.

Philly doesn't have the tenth pick. That was a false rumor.

Philly doesn't have the tenth pick. That was a false rumor.

My bad.  Still, the starting QB position is set for next season and they still have assets to pay for the privilege of moving up.  It just going to cost them a little bigger boatload than if they had the 10th pick.  TN is going to get a haul.

I don't think this is a smokescreen.  The Titans don't have a proven starting QB on their roster.  I don't see how they don't take Mariotta.  I've always felt that the Jets would have to trade up to get a QB in this draft, and I still think that's the case.

Might just be me but with that 6th pick I wouldn't mind seeing Brandon Scherff mashing people alongside Nick Mangold, or seeing Vic Beasley at OLB adding to our insane defense. Love everything we've done so far this offseason

Archived