Jets sign Buster Skrine

BroadwayJets

Alright, it's been a while since basic math class, but 6.25mil a year? Really seems expensive. Was thinking could get Cro for that.

Again I have no clue who this guy is but based on some quick reading about FA CB rakings, guy should be getting like 2.5mil a year.

Anyone think this guy worth 6.25?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, it's been a while since basic math class, but 6.25mil a year? Really seems expensive. Was thinking could get Cro for that.

Again I have no clue who this guy is but based on some quick reading about FA CB rakings, guy should be getting like 2.5mil a year.

Anyone think this guy worth 6.25?

Not really 

I agree that Cro is probably still in play. I even think Revis is still in play. Skrine is an upgrade. Landing Cro or Revis would be a major overhaul from last season.

Very Jets friendly deal. Keeps Cro very much in play

the worst thing about jet fans and I get trying to be positive is they will try and tell u dog sh*t is gold when it is just dogsh*t

our guard we signed is a jag , this guy is a jag, powell is a jag

we did one thing of value bmarsh and figured we would have picked up foles (which we failed on so we can sign a jag in hoyer_

You guys are ridiculous. The CB market is at an all-time high. This guy has more interceptions in one year than Wilson did his entire career.

I believe he's coming in here to cover the slot, which means I expect us to sign another CB real soon. I'm guessing Revis or Culliver. Or both.

Not a bad deal. One Rotoworld article has him above Kareem Jackson who got paid more and Davon House who I think got the same deal and another Rotoworld guy had him as the #31 overall FA and predicted he got 4 years, $24M.

Young guy who has played inside and outside. Would have been picked on playing across from Haden who's a stud. Hopefully more corners to come and he's a slot guy to replace Wilson.

You guys are ridiculous. The CB market is at an all-time high. This guy has more interceptions in one year than Wilson did his entire career.

I believe he's coming in here to cover the slot, which means I expect us to sign another CB real soon. I'm guessing Revis or Culliver. Or both.

Skrine is a guy I did not like much as a FA in 2014, but I think he had a nice year last year - from what I read, I didn't scout or watch tape.  I think this is a good signing.  I figured we would go after a guy like this or Tarrel Brown.  Shame is we could have had a bunch of these guys in 2014 for half the money on extended deals.  The CBs pretty much all took one year deals except DRC and Talib.  This is a way that Idzik ****ed us.

Skrine is a guy I did not like much as a FA in 2014, but I think he had a nice year last year - from what I read, I didn't scout or watch tape. I think this is a good signing. I figured we would go after a guy like this or Tarrel Brown. Shame is we could have had a bunch of these guys in 2014 for half the money on extended deals. The CBs pretty much all took one year deals except DRC and Talib. This is a way that Idzik ****ed us.

Exactly but we have to look at Skrine as our modern version of Ray Mickens. I do not envision him as an outside corner.

We paid him 6.25 million per, but that is the value of corners in today's type of football style.

What? Cro could've been in play if we had paid Skrine TRIPLE what we're paying him.

I'm assuming that Revis is a Jet. So Skrine's deal allows the Jets to try to land Cro along with Revis as well and still have room to upgrade at OL/OLB

So he's the Dimitri Patterson of 2015? Sweet.

I was convinced your stoic-ness was going to begin a return in this thread. I'm sad :(

I'm entirely convinced that once you are again optimistic, we're winning a Super Bowl. So...no pressure or anything my man :D

the worst thing about jet fans and I get trying to be positive is they will try and tell u dog sh*t is gold when it is just dogsh*t

our guard we signed is a jag , this guy is a jag, powell is a jag

we did one thing of value bmarsh and figured we would have picked up foles (which we failed on so we can sign a jag in hoyer_

However, you should notice that no one called Brandon Marshall a JAG. lol

I dont know Skrine and his numbers look impressive. Powell is a JAG, but our JAG so ist cool. Carpenter is an upgrade from Colon.

Archived