Drew Brees being shopped? (Unsubstantiated rumor)

bergenjets

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would any of you give up?

I'm not giving up our #6. I'd offer any combo of players like Smith, Wilkerson, Coples, Kerly, Davis....

I'd send our 2nd round pick and some role players like Kerly and Coples,

Or a straight up star like Wilkerson. I could see Rex's brother having a hard on for Big Mo.

And if we landed Breesus, I'm taking Mariota with our #1 pick and developing him for 2 years.

Did you see Brees play last year? Just out of curiosity.

yes I did and I think his game suffered because he no longer had the stable of backs to throw the ball too and Thomas was hurt for a good part of the year. That's why Im saying if this deal gets done with Brees (no matter what the trade is ) we need to get backs in here to support his game

I'm not giving up our #6. I'd offer any combo of players like Smith, Wilkerson, Coples, Kerly, Davis....

Or a straight up star like Wilkerson. I could see Rex's brother having a hard on for Big Mo.

And if we landed Breesus, I'm taking Mariota with our #1 pick and developing him for 2 years.

The Bold is exactly what I was thinking

I don't care if this is total rumor with no merit. I'll just enjoy the fantasy of Bree's in green and white for a while.

It's funny, I play madden a lot in connected franchise mode. And over the last few years (and different versions of the game) as the seasons progress and players move around multiple times (when I wasn't controlling the Jets) Bree's ended up there. I think it's all random computer controlled stuff, but it's an interesting coincidence.

Come on Breesus!

Brees is close to kaput  and this team is not close yet

Brees just turned 36 on January 15 (my daughter's birthday), so he's TWO years younger than Brady, who turns 38 this year and 3 years younger than Peyton.

Further, for a QB who is close to "kaput," Brees threw for 33 TDs, 17 INTs and 4,952 yards last year.  That "kaput" is better than any performance by a Jets QB in 17 years.

If Brees is available he is a no-brainer for the Jets.  Trade for him and sit Geno in the hopes he learns the QB position by osmosis. 

yeah it's bunk, smash.  no real report just a random tweet from some dorks.

Pac whether this is real or not the first player that poped into my head when Thomas was not signed and graham was traded was Drew Brees whether or not we persue him is another issue but the chance he is being shopped seems very real to me based on those little issues along with the fact Colston is on a serious downtrend

Brees just turned 36 on January 15 (my daughter's birthday), so he's TWO years younger than Brady, who turns 38 this year and 3 years younger than Peyton.

Further, for a QB who is close to "kaput," Brees threw for 33 TDs, 17 INTs and 4,952 yards last year.  That "kaput" is better than any performance by a Jets QB in 17 years.

If Brees is available he is a no-brainer for the Jets.  Trade for him and sit Geno in the hopes he learns the QB position by osmosis. 

Did U watch Brees play last yr, he was terrible, many times stats lie. If jets got brees for a song and dance until they find a real young QB that is fine. I would not send a #1 pick or close for him.

i seriously doubt you get brees without giving up your first round draft pick

Did U watch Brees play last yr, he was terrible, many times stats lie. If jets got brees for a song and dance until they find a real young QB that is fine. I would not send a #1 pick or close for him.

So you mustered the energy to hit shift when you typed the U, but not enough to type out the word you. I thought Prince was a Viking fan.

Hall of fame QBs dont just go on the trade block unless if they have the next Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck replacing them (which the Saints don't)

This tells me Brees may have arm issues at this point in his career.

the saint shave no cap spaxce and brees makes like 26 mil/year

Hall of fame QBs dont just go on the trade block unless if they have the next Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck replacing them (which the Saints don't)

This tells me Brees may have arm issues at this point in his career.

I heard that the Information was inaccurate anyway, that brees isnt on the trading block.

I wouldn't part with the 6th overall pick, even if they offered Brees and their 1st rounder.

I would however trade our 2nd and 3rd this year, or our 2nd this year and next. Then hopefully we get Mariotta and he sits behind Brees for 3 years while we take our shots at knocking off the Pats, winning the East, and making playoff runs.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't part with the 6th overall pick, even if they offered Brees and their 1st rounder.

I would however trade our 2nd and 3rd this year, or our 2nd this year and next. Then hopefully we get Mariotta and he sits behind Brees for 3 years while we take our shots at knocking off the Pats, winning the East, and making playoff runs.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

If we get Brees then take someone at 6 who can rush the passer or drop down and get guards. Play to win NOW

Archived